Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

Default WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

while watching the NFL network one of them said Herm will be glad to be in NY and see some of his old players and possibly evaluate Chad Pennington and work out a trade for him as he will be a free agent after this year.

Just what we need another Jets throw off. Somebody please tell me this can't happen. While we may need another QB does anyone with half a brain think Chado is even a good back up.

I've about had it with this BS, anybody want my season tickets cause if they trade for anymore never was players and coaches I'm just going to watch from home. (I've always been and always will be a Chiefs fan but this is getting STUPID)

I'm about to say something I thought I would never say

BRING BACK MARTYBALL
    Wait until next year

last one but here it is:

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Note: the Chiefs will pick at either #4 or #5.
    This is certainly a best case scenario for the Chiefs. Kansas City had almost no luck running the ball in 2007; their 78.0 yards per game rushing average was dead last in the NFL. Larry Johnson's problems (holdout, injury) didn't help things, nor did Priest Holmes suffering a career-ending injury after the team traded Michael Bennett, but the lack of a top level offensive tackle has played a large part in the team's rushing difficulties.
    There is a chance that Kansas City might go quarterback at this position, particularly if they end up drafting in front of Atlanta and have a shot at Matt Ryan, but with the pressure on the current administration in Kansas City to win now, taking a QB here as a developmental player doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. DE Jared Allen is an impending unrestricted free agent, and it's all but certain that the Chiefs will use the franchise tag on him. The Chiefs need a backup RB, but they can acquire that either via free agency or later in the draft, perhaps in round two or three.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    from a different mock site:

Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Matt Ryan is an option here, but Brodie Croyle is young and has looked semi-decent at times, so maybe the Chiefs will hold off on drafting a quarterback and give their young gun-slinger a year to prove himself. With that in mind, Jake Long is a no-brainer. Kansas City cannot afford to surrender 55 sacks against next year. That will change with Long anchoring the Chiefs' offensive front.

ROUND 2:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
    Ty Law and Patrick Surtain will both be over the age of 32 once the 2008 season commences.

Don't count out another offensive lineman here either, but at this point, I believe Tracy Porter is the best prospect out of anyone in that area.

Round 3:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tony Hills, OT, Texas
    Kyle Turley? Will Svitek? Seriously, this is what Carl Peterson came up with?

ROUND 4:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
    Brodie Croyle looked terrible last year, but one of the reasons for that may have been the fact that the Chiefs had nothing at receiver after Dwayne Bowe. As a rookie, Bowe recorded 995 yards. Ranking in at No. 2 was Jeff Webb, 313 yards. Yeeesh.
    Aside from Long, I can't see the Chiefs taking any of these guys. At least not at the spot that they have us taking them. I think the positions are right, but not the particular personell.

If it were me, I would pray for Jake Long in the first. In the event that Long is gone, I would hope to trade down, ut would have to considr taking DT Dorsey there.

Then, I would hope to find a top OG in the second. (Easily substituted, would be a second OT, to either play OG, or force Macintosh to OG.) Or an OT, if I didn't get Long in the first.

After that, The only remaining immediate need that I would have is at CB. So, I would hope to fill that need here, in and beyond the third round.

Obviously, there are situations where a player of very high value is available when I want to fill a particular need. Such as the Dorsey situation. But OT, OG/OT, then CB would be the direction that I would want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    from a different mock site:

Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Matt Ryan is an option here, but Brodie Croyle is young and has looked semi-decent at times, so maybe the Chiefs will hold off on drafting a quarterback and give their young gun-slinger a year to prove himself. With that in mind, Jake Long is a no-brainer. Kansas City cannot afford to surrender 55 sacks against next year. That will change with Long anchoring the Chiefs' offensive front.

ROUND 2:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
    Ty Law and Patrick Surtain will both be over the age of 32 once the 2008 season commences.

Don't count out another offensive lineman here either, but at this point, I believe Tracy Porter is the best prospect out of anyone in that area.

Round 3:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tony Hills, OT, Texas
    Kyle Turley? Will Svitek? Seriously, this is what Carl Peterson came up with?

ROUND 4:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
    Brodie Croyle looked terrible last year, but one of the reasons for that may have been the fact that the Chiefs had nothing at receiver after Dwayne Bowe. As a rookie, Bowe recorded 995 yards. Ranking in at No. 2 was Jeff Webb, 313 yards. Yeeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Aside from Long, I can't see the Chiefs taking any of these guys. At least not at the spot that they have us taking them. I think the positions are right, but not the particular personell.

If it were me, I would pray for Jake Long in the first. In the event that Long is gone, I would hope to trade down, ut would have to considr taking DT Dorsey there.

Then, I would hope to find a top OG in the second. (Easily substituted, would be a second OT, to either play OG, or force Macintosh to OG.) Or an OT, if I didn't get Long in the first.

After that, The only remaining immediate need that I would have is at CB. So, I would hope to fill that need here, in and beyond the third round.

Obviously, there are situations where a player of very high value is available when I want to fill a particular need. Such as the Dorsey situation. But OT, OG/OT, then CB would be the direction that I would want to go.
    Chief 31...

First of all, Hills (the project 3rd pick in this scenario) would likely project to play Guard in the NFL for at least the first few years of his career. So this scenario would give you an OT, OG & CB...the WR in the 4th if you have filled these other needs would be a great pickup. I actually like this mock for you guys....how likely it is I don't know....I doubt Hills falls to the 3rd round, but you never know on draft day.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Chief 31...

First of all, Hills (the project 3rd pick in this scenario) would likely project to play Guard in the NFL for at least the first few years of his career. So this scenario would give you an OT, OG & CB...the WR in the 4th if you have filled these other needs would be a great pickup. I actually like this mock for you guys....how likely it is I don't know....I doubt Hills falls to the 3rd round, but you never know on draft day.
    I like the positional picks here, but I A.) doubt that Hills makes it past the second round. B.) don't think that Porter is what Herm looks for in a CB. (I think he will have the final say in what DBs we take.) C.) I don't have a problem with the WR Douglas.

If this were to be what our actual first four rounds looked like, I would be pretty well satisfied. Give me this draft, and OT Max Starks from free agency, and I will likely get on board with Herms plan for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I like the positional picks here, but I A.) doubt that Hills makes it past the second round. B.) don't think that Porter is what Herm looks for in a CB. (I think he will have the final say in what DBs we take.) C.) I don't have a problem with the WR Douglas.

If this were to be what our actual first four rounds looked like, I would be pretty well satisfied. Give me this draft, and OT Max Starks from free agency, and I will likely get on board with Herms plan for awhile.
    While i was the first to suggest Starks, i'm not so sure about pursuing him anymore. Max just had a serious knee injury and there's a chance he could fail to return to what he once was. Knee injuries by linemen are tricky to predict.

If it's an OT we want to sign in FA, Jordan Gross or Travelle Wharton from the Carolina Panthers would be nice aquisitions.

But if we move Waters to the Center spot, we've got to fill both Guard spots and at least one Tackle spot. Personally, I'd like to see us raid the Indy line and take both their Guards when they hit the market. Both Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott are 26 years old and are on their way up in their careers. Perhaps moving McIntosh to the right side would be enough if we bring in a first round OT.

But, if we are unable to bring in a tackle from the first round, we may need to look at the remaining OTs on the market. By that time, it may be too late to bring in someone with considerable talent. This would be the ONLY way i would want us to sign Starks. If he is still on the market AFTER the draft, which could be a high possibility because of his injury, then we should take a look at him if we fail to bring in a J. Long or any other first round tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I just know the attitude of most Buffalo area football fans adn you sound the same as the rest of them. Just because you are all rosy and upbeat and think there is nothing wrong with the team kinda leads me to believe that you really aren't paying attention. Herms record with the Chiefs 13-19. That is the guy that I am supposed to get all excited about? Carl maybe?? Sorry, I don't get excited just because the guy is here. I hear you talkin to people here like they are idiots for not agreeing with you when all you have done is tell me that Herm is doing a better job than Vermeil did (BTW up till now you have been the only one bringing up DV) Keep in mind the DV lost because of a lack of talent on defense. Herm has lost a lot of games due to bad coaching. I am not down on the team, I am waiting to see what happens in the draft. I don't think we are far off from becoming a good team next year, but the last 19 years have made me weary about what will probably happen. And don't worry about peoples fandom here. On opening day you will see me at Arrowhead leading the charge!!

I was at that 14-3 game in fubbalo too and had to fight my way outta that greasy stadium.
    Again what does me having to live in Buffalo have to do with anything??? I just moved here in August and I absolutely hate the bills. So please don't generalize me with the fans here thats an insult. I've never once said that there is nothing wrong with our team. It was pretty obvious this year and although I was, as always, optomistic about this year I knew it could have went either way. I'm just saying after 2 years Herm has addressed areas in need and it takes time to "Re-Build" a team. A lot of people want this to happen now and unfortunately it doesnt happen that way. Like I said if he doesnt make it happen in another 2 years or so then off with his head. But in the mean time give the guy a chance. Thats all

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    Again what does me having to live in Buffalo have to do with anything??? I just moved here in August and I absolutely hate the bills. So please don't generalize me with the fans here thats an insult. I've never once said that there is nothing wrong with our team. It was pretty obvious this year and although I was, as always, optomistic about this year I knew it could have went either way. I'm just saying after 2 years Herm has addressed areas in need and it takes time to "Re-Build" a team. A lot of people want this to happen now and unfortunately it doesnt happen that way. Like I said if he doesnt make it happen in another 2 years or so then off with his head. But in the mean time give the guy a chance. Thats all
    Herm has addressed some areas in need while completely ignoring significantly more important needs. (Our now lack of an O-line) If you don't have an O line your offense goes NOWHERE. That is like trying to rebuild a car and not put an engine in first. That is not good coaching from a career mediocre coach. I don't scream and yell about hating Herm. I could not care less about Herman Edwards. Am I happy that he is here right now?? Not really. Will I be happy if he wins a championship next season for us?? Absolutely. But please do not come in here bashing people and questioning peoples fandom because they have issues with a team that went 4-12. That is why I compare you to most people from buffalo. Cause you sound just like them!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

He took the team to the playoffs last year!!!! And if he didnt draft and sign the defensive free agents we did get everbody would have been crying about that as well.. Do you not agree?? there were a lot of holes that needed to be filled and he did last year year, especially regarding our swiss cheese defense. Of course I'm going to question peoples fandom its my right. I'm not just gonna sit here and read negative statements about my team. Oh because we're fans its ok??? Sure, but its also my right as a fan to play the other side too. People in Buffalo are very very passionate about there teams. Hell they watched the bills lose 4 straight superbowls. The bills havent been to the playoffs in like 10 years. And they are going to have games in toronto (which is a damn shame for the NFL) Maybe its because I'm from NY and I don't sugar coat things that makes me brush people the wrong way. Well, get over it....

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    He took the team to the playoffs last year!!!! And if he didnt draft and sign the defensive free agents we did get everbody would have been crying about that as well.. Do you not agree?? there were a lot of holes that needed to be filled and he did last year year, especially regarding our swiss cheese defense. Of course I'm going to question peoples fandom its my right. I'm not just gonna sit here and read negative statements about my team. Oh because we're fans its ok??? Sure, but its also my right as a fan to play the other side too. People in Buffalo are very very passionate about there teams. Hell they watched the bills lose 4 straight superbowls. The bills havent been to the playoffs in like 10 years. And they are going to have games in toronto (which is a damn shame for the NFL) Maybe its because I'm from NY and I don't sugar coat things that makes me brush people the wrong way. Well, get over it....
    You don't SUGARCOAT it?? You are on peoples case about seeing a fault in a 4-12 team. What do you call that? You feel like you are a bigger fan cause you don't discuss faults with the team? Maybe I am a bigger fan cause I have more T shirts that you do so I should question your loyalty. It is your right to argue with people who disagree with your point of view, but to question their loyalty is weak. Call it passionate if you will but bashing fellow Chiefs fans dosen't make you sound like too big a fan!!

As far as fubbalo playing games in Toronto being a shame...I think it is a shame that they still play games in fubbalo at all.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

So its ok that I bash the team I cheer for, and not ok to bash and question "fans" that talk trash about them?? Just want to make sure I got that right. Do you live like right across the rainbow bridge or something?? Seriously.. What do you have against buffalo. I think its a great town to live in.