Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

Default WTF-Chad Pennington to KC

while watching the NFL network one of them said Herm will be glad to be in NY and see some of his old players and possibly evaluate Chad Pennington and work out a trade for him as he will be a free agent after this year.

Just what we need another Jets throw off. Somebody please tell me this can't happen. While we may need another QB does anyone with half a brain think Chado is even a good back up.

I've about had it with this BS, anybody want my season tickets cause if they trade for anymore never was players and coaches I'm just going to watch from home. (I've always been and always will be a Chiefs fan but this is getting STUPID)

I'm about to say something I thought I would never say

BRING BACK MARTYBALL
    Wait until next year

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I just know the attitude of most Buffalo area football fans adn you sound the same as the rest of them. Just because you are all rosy and upbeat and think there is nothing wrong with the team kinda leads me to believe that you really aren't paying attention. Herms record with the Chiefs 13-19. That is the guy that I am supposed to get all excited about? Carl maybe?? Sorry, I don't get excited just because the guy is here. I hear you talkin to people here like they are idiots for not agreeing with you when all you have done is tell me that Herm is doing a better job than Vermeil did (BTW up till now you have been the only one bringing up DV) Keep in mind the DV lost because of a lack of talent on defense. Herm has lost a lot of games due to bad coaching. I am not down on the team, I am waiting to see what happens in the draft. I don't think we are far off from becoming a good team next year, but the last 19 years have made me weary about what will probably happen. And don't worry about peoples fandom here. On opening day you will see me at Arrowhead leading the charge!!

I was at that 14-3 game in fubbalo too and had to fight my way outta that greasy stadium.
    You're drunk!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    hmm....i guess THAT'S why there were only 3 games that made it to the 30's in this years playoffs.

I've already posted it once before, so i'm not doing it again, but i posted a chart that showed ALL 12 playoff teams had a top 15 defense while only 8 teams had a top 15 offense.

BTW, it IS possible to score on the NE defense, but at the end of the regular season, they had the #1 defense in the league. In the playoffs, they've given up 20 and 12 respectively....and the Giants; do you really think it was the NY offense that got those guys to the Super Bowl when they only allowed 14, 17, and 20 in their playoff games? TWO of those games were against the 'Boys and the Pack....not exacltly horrible teams...hell, they had to go to OT to score 23 against GB.
    You're drunk!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    hmm....i guess THAT'S why there were only 3 games that made it to the 30's in this years playoffs.

I've already posted it once before, so i'm not doing it again, but i posted a chart that showed ALL 12 playoff teams had a top 15 defense while only 8 teams had a top 15 offense.

BTW, it IS possible to score on the NE defense, but at the end of the regular season, they had the #1 defense in the league. In the playoffs, they've given up 20 and 12 respectively....and the Giants; do you really think it was the NY offense that got those guys to the Super Bowl when they only allowed 14, 17, and 20 in their playoff games? TWO of those games were against the 'Boys and the Pack....not exacltly horrible teams...hell, they had to go to OT to score 23 against GB.
    How many records has the NE defense broken this season? The highest scoring offense of all time says quite a bit for the Pats, if you ask me.

The fact remains that the NFL rewards passing offense.

here is a new twist on the mock.

Round 1

Mia - Glenn Dorsey DT (LSU)
    StL - Jake Long OT (Michigan)
    Atl - Darren McFadden RB (Arkansas)
    Oak - Chris Long DE (Virginia)
    KC - Matt Ryan QB (BC)
    NYJ - Ryan Clady OT (Boise St.)

Round 2
    Mia - Ray Maualuga MLB (USC)
    StL - Bruce Davis OLB (UCLA)
    Atl - Michael Oher OT (Mississippi)
    Oak - Tony Hills Jr. OT (Texas)
    KC - Gosder Cherilus OT (BC)
    NYJ - Ray Rice RB (Rutgers)

Round 3

Mia - Leodis McKelvin CB (Troy St.)
    StL - Branden Albert OG (Virginia)
    KC - Jerod Mayo MLB (Tennessee)
    NYJ - Chris Harrison DE (Texas A&M)

hmmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think Clark is deaf.
    What?!
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

stole that from a website. i dont think we will get a QB either but i was just sharing

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    stole that from a website. i dont think we will get a QB either but i was just sharing
    Yeah, alot of people think that a lack in offensive production means that you immediately draft a QB. Hopefully, Herm and Carl are not amongst them.

And I think that we are set at MLB for a few years.

i say we stick with brodie and get him some protection and let LJ, TG and DBOWE shine. plus we add some more talent. i think jeff webb will get better too. just needs some time with the starting O

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    i say we stick with brodie and get him some protection and let LJ, TG and DBOWE shine. plus we add some more talent. i think jeff webb will get better too. just needs some time with the starting O
    My philosophy on NFL football begins and ends with the lines. Offesive line, and defensive line.

If you can give your QB time and space to operate and get comfortable, then you can see if he CAN be good. If not, then it is difficult to say what you are looking at with your QB.

If your O-line opens holes and pushes the defense away from the line of scrimmage, then an average RB can look like an absolute stud. If not, then they can make Larry Johnson look like a flop.

If your defensive line can move offensive linemen into the backfield, and come off of their blocks, then the opposition has a very hard time running the ball. If not, then you will struggle to contain opposing RBs.

If your D-line can get to the QB quickly, and often, then the opposing QB will be in major trouble. Most QB fumbles and interceptions are caused by pressure.

from a different mock site:

Kansas City Chiefs: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Matt Ryan is an option here, but Brodie Croyle is young and has looked semi-decent at times, so maybe the Chiefs will hold off on drafting a quarterback and give their young gun-slinger a year to prove himself. With that in mind, Jake Long is a no-brainer. Kansas City cannot afford to surrender 55 sacks against next year. That will change with Long anchoring the Chiefs' offensive front.

ROUND 2:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana
    Ty Law and Patrick Surtain will both be over the age of 32 once the 2008 season commences.

Don't count out another offensive lineman here either, but at this point, I believe Tracy Porter is the best prospect out of anyone in that area.

Round 3:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Tony Hills, OT, Texas
    Kyle Turley? Will Svitek? Seriously, this is what Carl Peterson came up with?

ROUND 4:
    Kansas City Chiefs: Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville
    Brodie Croyle looked terrible last year, but one of the reasons for that may have been the fact that the Chiefs had nothing at receiver after Dwayne Bowe. As a rookie, Bowe recorded 995 yards. Ranking in at No. 2 was Jeff Webb, 313 yards. Yeeesh.