Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **official draft order**

Default **official draft order**

Teams are listed with won-loss record, followed by composite strength of schedule. Among teams with the same record, the team with the weakest schedule picks first.

Round 1
    Miami (1-15, 138-118)
    St. Louis (3-13, 131-125)
    Atlanta (4-12, 129-127)
    Oakland (4-12, 132-124)*
    Kansas City (4-12, 132-124)*
    New York Jets (4-12, 133-122)**
    New England [from San Francisco (5-11, 119-137)]
    Baltimore (5-11, 132-123)***
    Cincinnati (7-9, 117-138)**
    New Orleans (7-9, 123-133)
    Buffalo (7-9, 132-124)*
    Denver (7-9, 132-124)*
    Carolina (7-9, 134-122)
    Detroit (7-9, 139-117)*
    Chicago (7-9, 139-117)*
    Arizona (8-8, 111-145)
    Minnesota (8-8, 129-127)
    Houston (8-8, 132-124)
    Philadelphia (8-8, 144-112)
    Tampa Bay (9-7, 119-137)
    Washington (9-7, 142-114)
    Tennessee (9-6)
    Dallas [from Cleveland (10-6, 110-146)]
    Seattle (10-6, 106-150)
    Pittsburgh (10-6, 116-140)
    New York Giants (10-6, 132-124)
    San Diego (11-5, 128-128)
    Jacksonville (11-5, 132-124)
    Green Bay (13-3, 106-150)
    Dallas (13-3, 127-129)
    San Francisco (from Indianapolis) (13-2)
    New England (pick forfeited) (16-0, 120-135)***

*-Oakland picks before Kansas City on common games tiebreaker. Buffalo picks before Denver on head-to-head. Detroit picks before Chicago on head-to-head.
    **-Does not count Tennessee's last game.
    ***-Does not count Indianapolis's last game.
    Picks 20-32 are pending NFL playoff results.

Damn.....I really wanted that #3 spot too. So much for landing Jake Long.

sorry hermhater....the fact of the matter is LJ is the most over rated back (besides sean alexander) to TRY to play this season....for as BIG as he is....its pretty sad he averages like a yard a carry....OH and he IS the WORST pass blocker on this team....LJ belong with the bengals...not the chiefs...look at our last star running backs.... Priest and Marcus...they were chiefs.....get LJ...the CANCER...out of here...him and Herm are best of buds now...that should tell you enough.... I agree with TEXASCHIEF 110%.....I tried not to say anything the last couple of days when he posted...but....yea....LJ IS OVER RATED

The problem for me was trying to judge any of the QBs, RB's or WR's because of this line and Solari's play calling. I saw it at that Jets game there are no holes and no time to throw. And no blockers out in front on these little dinky passes to the backs.

Kolby Smith was really the only guy who came off looking good this season, because he's elusive and can make some guys miss.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDJGoDJ
    ;

Kolby Smith was really the only guy who came off looking good this season, because he's elusive and can make some guys miss.

The Chiefs could do a lot worse then to let LJ go, elevate Smith to number one and hire Holmes as running back coach; problem is the 45 mil. we're into LJ's salary for.

The draft order is not official yet. There is a coin flip that has to happen between Oakland, KC and Atlanta.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true

Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.
    Last edited by Guru; 01-01-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    The draft order is not official yet. There is a coin flip that has to happen between Oakland, KC and Atlanta.
    Yup because they both equally sucked this season.

Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.
    So you're saying there's a chance?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So you're saying there's a chance?
    Yes there is a chance at the 4th spot...but if Jake Long isn't there the Chiefs should try to work with New England or Dallas as both teams have 2 1st round picks...if they can't get a good trade Baker or the kid from Boise are good picks there.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yes there is a chance at the 4th spot...but if Jake Long isn't there the Chiefs should try to work with New England or Dallas as both teams have 2 1st round picks...if they can't get a good trade Baker or the kid from Boise are good picks there.
    You mean they still have two draft picks in the first round after losing one?

Damn how did that happen?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm just reading the draft order from NFL.com...I know the first pick is the 49ers...I didn't think about the sanctions. I believe you are correct.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12