Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just heard on ESPN...

Default Just heard on ESPN...

Miami showing interest in Trent.

Smile

I think the biggest need is the O line, fix it first, we can get by with LJ, Tony G, and Kennison for another season if we fix what is our Achilles heel, and that is the O line in MHO.

:Tomcat: :6: :armee_smilies095:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think a 8-8 season or worst this season. to many holes,not enough draft picks or cap space,if the queen would sign someone, but i`ll always hope for better than 8-8.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i think a 8-8 season or worst this season. to many holes,not enough draft picks or cap space,if the queen would sign someone, but i`ll always hope for better than 8-8.

Yeah; it's pretty optimistic to think the play offs are in the works next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Exactly, as I stated in another thread, I'm thinking that the holes that need filled on this team can not all be addressed this season.
    It is a long-shot, but I think all of those problems could be addressed, this season.

Here goes.....

Green to the 'Phins......for a second rounder.
    L.J.(and our third round pick) to the Browns for a first and a second round pick.
    The 'Phins' second round and our first round picks to the Redskins....for the fourth, overall pick. ( maybe we have to throw in our own second round pick on this one.)

That leaves us with....the third and fourth, overall, selections, this season. And the third pick, in the second round. (not done yet.)

Sign T.J. Duckett as a free-agent.

Then, draft two of theses three players with those two top picks.....
    Alan Branch DT; Joe Thomas OT; or, Calvin Johnson. (If two of those guys are gone, we could pick between QBs, Jemarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.)

Then, with the thirty-fifth, overall selection, (second round pick from Cleveland) fill the remaining hole. Examples: DT Tank Tyler; OT Joe Staley; WR Robert Meachem.

I know, rookies aren't guaranteed to "pan-out" but it would be an impressive attempt to balance this team out.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i would try to find a RB that can give us atleast 1000 yds.
    i could see the brownies giving us that for LJ but not the phin`s giving us a 2nd for Green. other than that sounds great to me. trouble is the queen isnt smart enough to figure this out.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It is a long-shot, but I think all of those problems could be addressed, this season.

Here goes.....

Green to the 'Phins......for a second rounder.
    L.J.(and our third round pick) to the Browns for a first and a second round pick.
    The 'Phins' second round and our first round picks to the Redskins....for the fourth, overall pick. ( maybe we have to throw in our own second round pick on this one.)

That leaves us with....the third and fourth, overall, selections, this season. And the third pick, in the second round. (not done yet.)

Sign T.J. Duckett as a free-agent.

Then, draft two of theses three players with those two top picks.....
    Alan Branch DT; Joe Thomas OT; or, Calvin Johnson. (If two of those guys are gone, we could pick between QBs, Jemarcus Russell and Brady Quinn.)

Then, with the thirty-fifth, overall selection, (second round pick from Cleveland) fill the remaining hole. Examples: DT Tank Tyler; OT Joe Staley; WR Robert Meachem.

I know, rookies aren't guaranteed to "pan-out" but it would be an impressive attempt to balance this team out.

I think you're absolutely right; it is a long shot, but it sounds pretty good. :bananen_smilies091:

Yeah, since I hadn't posted, in a while, I thought I should throw some freshh ideas out there.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yeah, since I hadn't posted, in a while, I thought I should throw some freshh ideas out there.
    I'll throw some ideas out there as well:

I think Green is going to get traded to Miami for Mcintosh.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...as_city_chiefs

Then, I'd keep LJ. Jared Allen isn't going anywhere. Draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. As you can see from this chart, good WR's aren't typically found in the late rounds.

I'd use lour later picks to shore up some needs on defense. I'd spend some of the money that we saved from getting rid of Green on some O-line help. I think O-line is where you spend your free agency money. Drafting O-linemen is a complete guessing game it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I'll throw some ideas out there as well:

I think Green is going to get traded to Miami for Mcintosh.
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...as_city_chiefs

Then, I'd keep LJ. Jared Allen isn't going anywhere. Draft a WR in the first couple of rounds. As you can see from this chart, good WR's aren't typically found in the late rounds.

I'd use lour later picks to shore up some needs on defense. I'd spend some of the money that we saved from getting rid of Green on some O-line help. I think O-line is where you spend your free agency money. Drafting O-linemen is a complete guessing game it seems.

That is our biggest need IMO; it all starts up front.

Well. We signed Mcintosh. What do you guys know about him?
    http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/03...ion_mcintosh2/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast