Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa bout Marty for OC?

Default Howa bout Marty for OC?

What do ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    What do ya think?
    While I am sure he COULD do the job, I am also equally sure that he will NOT do the job. For Marty, that would be a pay grade that he would consider beneath him. He is vieing for a management job, GM or VP somewhere, he will not accept a coordinator position.

On a side note, I remember all the dumb moves he made in a game. I remember him not using the best short yardage running back in history in obvious places for him to use them. I remember the blunders he made, all one needs to do is look back at San Diego's playoff game to remember those for yourself.

Sorry, Marty would make a good GM or VP, but I want him no where close to calling plays on the field.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The players lost the game in SD last year, not the coaching staff!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

one word,,,,,,,,NO!!!!!!!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The players lost the game in SD last year, not the coaching staff!!
    In a playoff game, one that will likely be decided by points less than a touchdown. Going for it on 4th and 11 when within field goal range, is a coaching call. Marty made that call.

Those are the kinds of decisions he made all the time at Kansas City that kept us from the big game during the early 90s.

Whan Marty was here we could win at home....Enough said

Quote Originally Posted by for ever red View Post
    I agree...we were it when it came to home field advantage....

Quote Originally Posted by for ever red View Post
    Marty could win away as well. As far as coaches go, there is no doubt he is better than our current coach. However, play calling decisions were not his best suit. There is no doubt that he can develop talent and make good decisions about players though and with t in mind, I would rather see him as General Manager or Vice President.

I just feel that he is too much a liability when it comes to coaching the team on the field. That is just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    In a playoff game, one that will likely be decided by points less than a touchdown. Going for it on 4th and 11 when within field goal range, is a coaching call. Marty made that call.

Those are the kinds of decisions he made all the time at Kansas City that kept us from the big game during the early 90s.
    So you are telling me that Marty has ahd all the talent to make the playoffs SEVERAL times, yet he was not a good enough coach to win a playoff game. You put that much emphasis on gameday coaching?? Maybe if a few of those FG's were TD's then one call would not have made a difference. I think that waaaaay too many people blame Marty for not winning in the playoffs. When are some of these players going to be accountable for not executing (which also happened in that same playoff game)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Default Martyball

Man I sure miss Marty Ball at least we were winners then.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast