Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa bout Marty for OC?

Hybrid View

Default Howa bout Marty for OC?

What do ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    What do ya think?
    While I am sure he COULD do the job, I am also equally sure that he will NOT do the job. For Marty, that would be a pay grade that he would consider beneath him. He is vieing for a management job, GM or VP somewhere, he will not accept a coordinator position.

On a side note, I remember all the dumb moves he made in a game. I remember him not using the best short yardage running back in history in obvious places for him to use them. I remember the blunders he made, all one needs to do is look back at San Diego's playoff game to remember those for yourself.

Sorry, Marty would make a good GM or VP, but I want him no where close to calling plays on the field.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

The players lost the game in SD last year, not the coaching staff!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The players lost the game in SD last year, not the coaching staff!!
    In a playoff game, one that will likely be decided by points less than a touchdown. Going for it on 4th and 11 when within field goal range, is a coaching call. Marty made that call.

Those are the kinds of decisions he made all the time at Kansas City that kept us from the big game during the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    In a playoff game, one that will likely be decided by points less than a touchdown. Going for it on 4th and 11 when within field goal range, is a coaching call. Marty made that call.

Those are the kinds of decisions he made all the time at Kansas City that kept us from the big game during the early 90s.
    So you are telling me that Marty has ahd all the talent to make the playoffs SEVERAL times, yet he was not a good enough coach to win a playoff game. You put that much emphasis on gameday coaching?? Maybe if a few of those FG's were TD's then one call would not have made a difference. I think that waaaaay too many people blame Marty for not winning in the playoffs. When are some of these players going to be accountable for not executing (which also happened in that same playoff game)
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

So you are telling me that Marty has ahd all the talent to make the playoffs SEVERAL times, yet he was not a good enough coach to win a playoff game. You put that much emphasis on gameday coaching?? Maybe if a few of those FG's were TD's then one call would not have made a difference. I think that waaaaay too many people blame Marty for not winning in the playoffs. When are some of these players going to be accountable for not executing (which also happened in that same playoff game)
    Yes, I actually do when it comes to playoff games. When you get into the playoffs you are playing teams that are in most cases as good, or even better than you are.

Making the right decisions in the game is critical to whether you are going to advance to the next round. Blow a decision in a regular season game, you still have other games in which you can win to help make the playoffs. Blow a decision in the playoffs and your season is over.

Yeah, it does come down to players making those plays, but when the coach says "4th down and 11, lets go for it" then that decision is clearly the coaches and NOT the players. There was no reason to not go for the points on the board at that point. It was a bad decision, and it is the kind of decision that Marty has been known to make in the playoffs. That is something he lives with.

Now, having said that, I would still take Marty as a head coach over Edwards if there was no one else to get to do the job, I am just not convinced of his playoff decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yes, I actually do when it comes to playoff games. When you get into the playoffs you are playing teams that are in most cases as good, or even better than you are.

Making the right decisions in the game is critical to whether you are going to advance to the next round. Blow a decision in a regular season game, you still have other games in which you can win to help make the playoffs. Blow a decision in the playoffs and your season is over.

Yeah, it does come down to players making those plays, but when the coach says "4th down and 11, lets go for it" then that decision is clearly the coaches and NOT the players. There was no reason to not go for the points on the board at that point. It was a bad decision, and it is the kind of decision that Marty has been known to make in the playoffs. That is something he lives with.

Now, having said that, I would still take Marty as a head coach over Edwards if there was no one else to get to do the job, I am just not convinced of his playoff decision making.
    I guess I just have a hard time buying that a playoff loss is the coachs fault when most of the time the "tough coaching decisions" are presented due to a players lack of execution. Was there not a flat out dropped ball that ended that playoff game last year?? No one says that, they blame it on the coach?? Fair or not, it is usually the coach that gets blamed first. I would happily take Marty because even with first round playoff losses, there were some wins to enjoy. This year...a few records and a couple of good times (first half of the season) but Herm dropped the ball a few times this year. (Oakland game, Colts game)

I almost hate to agree with you and Marty, but how in the hell did DJ drop that interception that would have won us the game against the Jets?

I hope he grows into the force everyone has been talking about, but all I see from him now is speed.

That is not an all around good line backer.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

one word,,,,,,,,NO!!!!!!!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Whan Marty was here we could win at home....Enough said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast