Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: '08 opponents

Default '08 opponents

Kansas City's Opponents Determined for 2008
    Dec 31, 2007, 10:48:53 AM

The Chiefs 2008 regular season opponents were determined on Monday, as well as opponents for all 32 teams in the NFL. The complete 2008 NFL schedule including dates and times will be determined at a later date.

Kansas City’s schedule for 2008 features five games with four teams that qualified for the 2007 playoffs. In addition to two games against AFC West champion San Diego, the Chiefs will also face AFC East champion New England, NFC South winner Tampa Bay and AFC Wild Card qualifier Tennessee.

Based on Kansas City’s third-place finish in the AFC West, the Chiefs will host Tennessee at Arrowhead in 2008. The Titans were the third-place finisher in the AFC South. The Chiefs will also travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bengals, based on the their third-place finish in the AFC North. The Chiefs have hosted the Bengals in three straight seasons, but will visit Cincinnati for the first time since 2003.

As always, the Chiefs will again have a home-and-home series with AFC West opponents Oakland, Denver and San Diego. Members of the AFC West will play all four teams in both the AFC East and NFC South in 2008.

Tampa Bay will make its first trip to Arrowhead since ‘86, the second-longest current streak a team has gone without traveling to an opponent. Coincidently, the Buccaneers also hold the longest such NFL streak, having never played at Buffalo in their 32-year franchise history. New Orleans will visit Arrowhead in 2008 for the first time in the regular season since ‘97. Miami last came to Kansas City in 2002 and Buffalo will make its first appearance at Arrowhead Stadium since 2003.

In addition to the aforementioned games at Cincinnati and New England, the other AFC road trip for the Chiefs in 2008 will be a game at the N.Y. Jets for the second consecutive season. The Chiefs contest with the Panthers will mark Kansas City’s first regular season visit to Carolina since ‘97. The Chiefs will also travel to Atlanta for the first time since the 2000 season finale.

HOME
    Buffalo
    Miami
    Tennessee
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

AWAY
    New England
    NY Jets
    Cincinnati
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    Denver
    Oakland
    San Diego

If they can fix this O-line, the Chiefs make the playoffs next year with these opponents.

8-8?

Right now i dont see anyone on that list that they can beat.

Miami??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Miami??
    I thought for sure you would post 19-0.

I am waiting to see the draft before I predict our 19-0 season.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Miami??
    I'm not even sure we could be beat them. With the Tuna running things they may improve. We, on the other hand, are stuck with the same crappy GM and head coach. We just got beat by a 3 win team. A 3 win team that ran the ball 199 yards on our supposed "great" defense.

Looking at that schedule, and the fact that Carl and Herm aren't looking at free agent help, we finish 4-12 again.

HOME
    Buffalo Win
    Miami Win
    Tennessee Loss
    New Orleans Loss
    Tampa Bay Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

AWAY
    New England Loss
    NY Jets Win
    Cincinnati Loss
    Atlanta Loss
    Carolina Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Loss
    San Diego Loss

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Default Playoffs Possible?

If the chiefs build a solid oline and decide who the heck there quarterback is maybe. If LJ would get the sand out from where the sun doesn't shine and Bowe continues to progress the offense may improve. If the offense improves and the defense doesn't get worse We might be a wildcard team.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    I'm not even sure we could be beat them. With the Tuna running things they may improve. We, on the other hand, are stuck with the same crappy GM and head coach. We just got beat by a 3 win team. A 3 win team that ran the ball 199 yards on our supposed "great" defense.

Looking at that schedule, and the fact that Carl and Herm aren't looking at free agent help, we finish 4-12 again.

HOME
    Buffalo Win
    Miami Win
    Tennessee Loss
    New Orleans Loss
    Tampa Bay Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Win
    San Diego Loss

AWAY
    New England Loss
    NY Jets Win
    Cincinnati Loss
    Atlanta Loss
    Carolina Loss
    Denver Loss
    Oakland Loss
    San Diego Loss
    It always amazes me how the doubters seem to find competence in teams like Denver, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Atlanta. The fact that you think those are teams that will eat us make me question your knowledge of football at all. Miami, Cincy and ATL are all far worse off then we are. Pay Attention

It always amazes me how the doubters seem to find competence in teams like Denver, New Orleans, Cincinnati and Atlanta. The fact that you think those are teams that will eat us make me question your knowledge of football at all. Miami, Cincy and ATL are all far worse off then we are. Pay Attention
    Listen, I don't mean to burst your bubble, but the Chiefs finished 28th in the NFL.

You're right in that New Orleans, Cinci, Atlanta and Denver are not super teams. But, all have better records with the exception of Atlanta. This is not the Chiefs of old and we are not going to go from a 4-12 season to what some people might believe to be a wildcard. NO WAY!

Carl and Herm have made it quite clear that they are going to rebuild through the draft and not free agency. In order for that to work it will take several seasons to see an improvement. Show me ONE THING that says we will beat more than 4 teams next year. We will shed a bunch of veterans and replace them with guys who have little or no NFL experience. Throw in the fact that we have zero home field advantage and honestly, we will be lucky to win 4 games.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast