Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fire Them All

Default Fire Them All

Posted: 6 hours 0 minutes ago
    Peterson staying as GM of Chiefs despite disappointing season

Associated Press

Carl Peterson says he will return for a 20th year running the Kansas City Chiefs despite a disappointing season that left many fans unhappy.
    Kansas City Chiefs

"We have a plan and it's being implemented," the Chiefs president and general manager told The Associated Press Monday in a telephone interview from his office at Arrowhead Stadium. "I have no intention to leave before the job is finished."
    A 13-10 overtime loss to the equally hapless New York Jets ended Kansas City's season on a nine-game losing streak with a 4-12 record. It's the longest skid in a non-strike year in team history and the Chiefs' worst record in almost 30 years.
    In New York on Sunday after the Jets game, Peterson told The Kansas City Star that coach Herm Edwards also would be back.
    Team co-owner Clark Hunt, who took over leadership of the Chiefs in late 2006 after the death of his father, team founder Lamar Hunt, did not comment Sunday.
    But Peterson clearly has been assured that he will return for what figures to be a major retooling of the team and coaching staff.
    The bottom fell out in Edwards' second season, and Kansas City is further from the Super Bowl than it has been at anytime during Peterson's reign. Fan interest also is lower than anytime since the late 1980s.
    As many as 20 players could be gone next year from the aging team that scored fewer points than any Kansas City squad in a 16-game season.
    "We're devastated. But we are not discouraged," Peterson said Monday. "We know where we're going and what we're going to do."
    Peterson said he was most disappointed for Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise.
    "Clark is as discouraged as any one of us. I feel bad for Clark because this is his first year as the leader of the new ownership group," Peterson said. "We are going forward in 2008."

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Wonder if that plan includes making the team the laughing stock of the NFL so they can move out of KC. EMBARRASSMENT. This team with Hermie at the helm will never be the Chiefs. I think that we should start a class action suit over rights to the name and Arrowhead stadium.

I wonder if Clark could be hurting for money right now and knows that he cannot afford to go after high priced free agents in the off season? Could that be why he is sticking with Peterson and Edwards?

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I wonder if Clark could be hurting for money right now and knows that he cannot afford to go after high priced free agents in the off season? Could that be why he is sticking with Peterson and Edwards?

I'm not sure he cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Does the salary cap apply to coaches and GM's?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm not sure he cares.
    CP has something on Clark, otherwise he would be fired.

I can't believe he would be that timid.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Only players count against the CAP...front office and sideline personnel do not count...this would include coaches, the GM, trainers, etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Only players count against the CAP...front office and sideline personnel do not count...this would include coaches, the GM, trainers, etc.

Have you heard anything about Carl having Clarks balls in a vice-grips?

(Good info though!)

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEFS_FN_ROCK View Post
    Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise.
    If Lamar's kids don't want to take this seriously, I wish they would just sell the team and get it over with. As long as the Chiefs stay in KC, I wouldn't mind seeing ownership pass to somebody who actually cares and has a pair.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    If Lamar's kids don't want to take this seriously, I wish they would just sell the team and get it over with. As long as the Chiefs stay in KC, I wouldn't mind seeing ownership pass to somebody who actually cares and has a pair.
    I have had the same worries for some months now man.

I think that is why Carl stood up to the press after the season and told them that he was talking for Clark.

Clark is looking at the team as a money maker and how much he can profit. If Carl doesn't get this crap turned around Clark will try to get out of KC, I'm afraid.

I remember hearing somewhere how Lamar, on his deathbed, told his kids to rebuild Arrowhead "for the fans". I think it was the groundbreaking ceremony for the renovation of Arrowhead.

I respect the Hunt family name, but this isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I have had the same worries for some months now man.

I think that is why Carl stood up to the press after the season and told them that he was talking for Clark.

Clark is looking at the team as a money maker and how much he can profit. If Carl doesn't get this crap turned around Clark will try to get out of KC, I'm afraid.

I remember hearing somewhere how Lamar, on his deathbed, told his kids to rebuild Arrowhead "for the fans". I think it was the groundbreaking ceremony for the renovation of Arrowhead.

I respect the Hunt family name, but this isn't working.
    Clark should allow the fans to buy in to the franchise if he doesn't want to take it seriously. The fact that the Packers are owned by their fans is one of the coolest things in all of pro sports, imo. We could make franchise decisions by internet voting!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast