Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jake Long....

Default Jake Long....

...Been watching Jake Long today in the Capital One Bowl....Does anyone see him falling that far?

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    A coinflip will decide the 3-5 spots that ATL, OAK, and KC hold.
    I thought that the coin flip was between Oakland and Atlanta and the best we could get is a 4th round pick.

I was under the impression that Oakland was choosing before us because of the head to head record.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I thought that the coin flip was between Oakland and Atlanta and the best we could get is a 4th round pick.

I was under the impression that Oakland was choosing before us because of the head to head record.
    Yes and no. You are correct though that Oakland is a lock to draft ahead of us.

NFL.com:
    Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.

A coinflip will decide the 3-5 spots that ATL, OAK, and KC hold.
    Yeah, but even with the coinflip it is already pre-determined that Oakland will pick before KC. Oakland has the tiebreaker over KC but not over ATL. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for the 3rd pick.

If Oakland wins, then ATL and KC flip for the 4th.

If ATL wins then Oakland gets the 4th and KC gets the fifth.

The coin flip will occur in February at the NFL Combine...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Yes and no. You are correct though that Oakland is a lock to draft ahead of us.

NFL.com:
    Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule in the 2007 season. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West Division and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of record in common games), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position at the NFL Combine in February. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.
    Yeah, we can move ahead of the Falcons with this coin-flip, but the Raiders are ahead of us either way.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Yeah, but even with the coinflip it is already pre-determined that Oakland will pick before KC. Oakland has the tiebreaker over KC but not over ATL. Oakland and Atlanta will flip for the 3rd pick.

If Oakland wins, then ATL and KC flip for the 4th.

If ATL wins then Oakland gets the 4th and KC gets the fifth.

The coin flip will occur in February at the NFL Combine...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...o&confirm=true
    Isn't this exactly what I said?

Isn't this exactly what I said?
    Yeah, but he put more spaces in his post so it looked better!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Sorry about the dupe...responded before I read the rest of the thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Sorry about the dupe...responded before I read the rest of the thread.
    Bad Rich, bad boy!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123