Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro Sports: Chief vets went to Carl and said trade LJ

Question Metro Sports: Chief vets went to Carl and said trade LJ

From another board. Anyone else see this?

Watching the Metro Sports Zone commentary by Dave Stewart tonight here is what he said(NOT ME)
    Chiefs vets went to management at the end of the season and suggested that the team would be better off trading Johnson because of poor team chemistry.

He said that one veteran lineman said that he would rather retire than to block for Johnson another year.

At the Pro Bowl, Johnson supposedly said that he would not mind a trade to either the Jets (he has an apartment in NY) or the Browns because of his fascination with Jim Brown.

(Originated from a BB username BigRedChief)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-28-2007 at 06:46 PM.

I haven't seen this but it sounds highly unlikely........

I haven't heard that members of the team approached Carl about this. I did know that there had been rumors circling around whether LJ would be traded.

It seems from Carl's comments that this is pretty unlikely though.

I certainly would hate to loose such a talented RB, but I would trade LJ rather then sacrifice team chemistry.

Smile

I think we need a new Chemistry Teacher, the O line have enough bad chemistry, such as blocking etc, and ought to be worried about thier own shortcomings, rather than hollaring about LJ. I say leave LJ alone and replace the no talent in the O line.

:6: :armee_smilies095: :joker:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i said along time ago on this board to trade him for draft picks but LJ is the queens pet and it wont happen.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i said along time ago on this board to trade him for draft picks but LJ is the queens pet and it wont happen.

He could well turn into our "TO", although ya really can't argue with his stats.

Smile

I think we better hang on to him, until we can find some one to adequately fill his shoes, IMHO.

:1374: :character00249: :1374: :hyper:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    I think we need a new Chemistry Teacher, the O line have enough bad chemistry, such as blocking etc, and ought to be worried about thier own shortcomings, rather than hollaring about LJ. I say leave LJ alone and replace the no talent in the O line.

:6: :armee_smilies095: :joker:
    Kenny, I have disagreed with you before, but never to this extent. The guys on that "no talent" O-line made L.J. into a household name. Who could blame those guys for their feelings toward L.J.? He has been very loud about his disdane for D.V., a guy who, the rest of this team, adore, like family. I believe that Willie Roaf would have given it one more try, had D.V. done the same. I also believe that the prospect of blocking for L.J., instead of Priest, played some role in his decision to retire.
    If you look at Chiefsters signature, you will notice that L.J. is there, at the Pro-Bowl, with those guys. The same group of guys that led Priest Holmes from an inexpensive free-agent, to league MVP consideration.
    So often people overlook the accomplishments of offensive linemen for the glory that gets spewed upon the "glam" positions. I am amazed to find you falling on that side of the fence.
    For my two cents on the matter, I say work a deal with the Browns. Something to the effect of... First and secon-round draft choices for this season; first-round pick, next season, and maybe a couple of extra picks, as well. Imagine the possibilities if we had the third, overall, pick, in this seasons draft. Joe Thomas is a clear possibility. Have any of you seen that Calvin Johnson?!?!?! The guy is an incredible prospect. We could gain a second round pick by trading down, just a few spots, and still draft Adrian Peterson, or Amobi Okoye.
    So, we could wind-up with a top ten-type draft choice, a second first-rounder, two second-round picks, and still draft twice in the second round, next season.
    For a team that is rebuilding, with a sound nucleus on defense and a great offensive line, who could ask for anything more?
    As an added bonus, I believe that Herm Edwards might retire if the organization did decide to unload his "baby". Unfortunately, that is, exactly, why this scenario will never happen.

I think Kenny's desdain for the O-line stems from thier inability to protect our number 1 QB in the first game of last years season in which Green got an all expense paid trip to the local ER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast