Thread: Biggest load of bull you will read today, Hermies Diary

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Default Biggest load of bull you will read today, Hermies Diary

http://www.montereyherald.com/herman...nclick_check=1

NFL Diary: Edwards' Chiefs to play Jets
    Herm Edwards NFL Diary
    Article Last Updated: 12/28/2007 01:35:03 AM PST

Herman Edwards, a former Monterey High and MPC standout, is in his second season as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Last season he guided them to the playoffs for the first time in five years. Edwards spend nine years in the NFL as a defensive back with the Philadelphia Eagles. This is his seventh year as a head football coach in the NFL, having coached the Jets for five years. Each week during the NFL season, Edwards will share his thoughts with The Herald's John Devine.

I have no idea what kind of reception I'm going to get when we face the Jets. I had five good years there as their football coach. I gave everything I had to that organization.

You want to believe the fans, players and organization know that.

I've been gone for two years. So I don't know if it's that big of a deal or not. I think it's ironic that we're playing them in the last game of the season.

I think the NFL thought we'd both be playing for a spot in the playoffs. We're kind of in the same mold.

Yea losers because of Hermie.

I think the Jets are going through a transitional phase as well.

What I tried to do when I was in New York was leave it better for the next guy. Injuries riddled my final year with the Jets. It was in good shape when I left.
    No KC was in good shape when you got here.

I had no intentions of leaving. But things turned in a different way. There were reasons I left. No one needs to know what those reasons are.

They were gonna fire your dumb *** but instead we gave them a draft pick for you.

It's water under the bridge.
    Get over it.

Some people use things like that to create another story. I have no ill feelings towards GetAd('tile','box','/hermanedwards_article','','www.montereyherald.com' ,'','null','null');the organization. Mr. Johnson (Jets owner) was good to me. He gave me an opportunity to be a head coach.

What will be fun is seeing some of the guys I didn't get to talk to when I left. I called a lot of the players when I left. But I wasn't able to talk to all of them.

We'll talk before the game. Then we'll play the game. Then the season is over. The crazy thing is we have to go back up there next year and play them again.

The thing you realize when you coach in this league is it's about relationships with players. I've always given them respect. I think in turn they've respected me.
    Yeah sure Hermie you stay in your world.

I think the way you communicate and work with players is important. I never led them down the wrong path. If they asked a question, the players knew they were going to get the truth.

When you lose eight in a row,(9) seven of which you had a shot to win in the second half,
    But I blew it.
    you just feel like for some reason, it's just not going to happen for you. Ya Think

People don't realize we sat in an airplane for three hours because of weather before they pulled us back into the terminal. We didn't get into Nashville until 11 p.m. Saturday. Yeah Hermie go with that excuse.

We were a little sluggish when we came out. (The players hate Hermie.) But we came fighting back. We got it to within two points. But that's kind of been the story of our season.

Taking care of the little things and making a play is what this league is all about. It's making the plays at the right time. We have not been able to do that. When we won our four games, we did the little things.
    No doubt, we'll build off this year. The guys know we've been in every game. People talk about how we could have easily won those seven games by making a play late in the game.

But either way, we knew at the end of the year, we were going to have to break this team up, regardless of the record. We tried to take this group one more year. It didn't work.(again blaming the players for his incompetence)

Being able to play a lot of young players gives us a lot of information on what kind of players we think they are going to be. I'm excited about the future and where we are headed.(He is glad his worthless *** is still getting a paycheck)

Some of my quotes were taken out of context a couple of weeks ago. A reporter took snippets of what I said at a press conference, making it sound like I was telling the fans to get over it. (He was)

That was not true. I was talking to my players telling them we have to move on and try and win a game. It's a bad season. But the world is not coming to an end. There's a big upside.

The Jets are a little banged up like us. And they're trying to change their quarterback. They've been better on defense. We have to play good defense. Field position will dictate this game.(He still has no clue. Points win games not field position.)

Brodie threw Thursday and will start Sunday. He's been nicked up some. But nothing permanent to take him out for an extended period. We've given up a lot of sacks. But he got hurt last week trying to make a tackle on an interception.(Translation: I wont be happy till he has a career ending injury)

I'm going to take a couple of days off after the season (and why not I took the season off) and then I'm going to do some television work for ESPN during the playoffs on NFL Live. It'll be fun. (Glad he isn't playing in the playoffs.)

I'll be at the Senior Bowl in January. We know what we need at certain positions. We have 10 draft picks. We're going to build through the draft instead of free agency. I'd rather go that route. (hmmm firing 20 players and 10 draft picks, the math doesn't add up)(Basically Clark doesn't want to spend any money especially since they are losing all the fans.)

Well there is the article and my translations, hope it is readable.
    Last edited by McLovin; 01-01-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Added URL

Sounds about right to me bryon.

Everytime he opens his mouth he embarrasses us even more.

Sigh... and to think he is our fearless leader...

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I pretty much agree with all your translations. The Chiefs organization and us fans will pay for the mistakes and decisions of Hunt for at least the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by
    bryonc;60099
    http://www.montereyherald.com/herman...nclick_check=1

NFL Diary: Edwards' Chiefs to play Jets
    Herm Edwards NFL Diary
    Article Last Updated: 12/28/2007 01:35:03 AM PST

Herman Edwards, a former Monterey High and MPC standout, is in his second season as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs. Last season he guided them to the playoffs for the first time in five years. Edwards spend nine years in the NFL as a defensive back with the Philadelphia Eagles. This is his seventh year as a head football coach in the NFL, having coached the Jets for five years. Each week during the NFL season, Edwards will share his thoughts with The Herald's John Devine.

I have no idea what kind of reception I'm going to get when we face the Jets. I had five good years there as their football coach. I gave everything I had to that organization.

You want to believe the fans, players and organization know that.

I've been gone for two years. So I don't know if it's that big of a deal or not. I think it's ironic that we're playing them in the last game of the season.

I think the NFL thought we'd both be playing for a spot in the playoffs. We're kind of in the same mold.

Yea losers because of Hermie.

I think the Jets are going through a transitional phase as well.

What I tried to do when I was in New York was leave it better for the next guy. Injuries riddled my final year with the Jets. It was in good shape when I left.
    No KC was in good shape when you got here.

I had no intentions of leaving. But things turned in a different way. There were reasons I left. No one needs to know what those reasons are.

They were gonna fire your dumb *** but instead we gave them a draft pick for you.

It's water under the bridge.
    Get over it.

Some people use things like that to create another story. I have no ill feelings towards GetAd('tile','box','/hermanedwards_article','','www.montereyherald.com' ,'','null','null');the organization. Mr. Johnson (Jets owner) was good to me. He gave me an opportunity to be a head coach.

What will be fun is seeing some of the guys I didn't get to talk to when I left. I called a lot of the players when I left. But I wasn't able to talk to all of them.

We'll talk before the game. Then we'll play the game. Then the season is over. The crazy thing is we have to go back up there next year and play them again.

The thing you realize when you coach in this league is it's about relationships with players. I've always given them respect. I think in turn they've respected me.
    Yeah sure Hermie you stay in your world.

I think the way you communicate and work with players is important. I never led them down the wrong path. If they asked a question, the players knew they were going to get the truth.

When you lose eight in a row,(9) seven of which you had a shot to win in the second half,
    But I blew it.
    you just feel like for some reason, it's just not going to happen for you. Ya Think

People don't realize we sat in an airplane for three hours because of weather before they pulled us back into the terminal. We didn't get into Nashville until 11 p.m. Saturday. Yeah Hermie go with that excuse.

We were a little sluggish when we came out. (The players hate Hermie.) But we came fighting back. We got it to within two points. But that's kind of been the story of our season.

Taking care of the little things and making a play is what this league is all about. It's making the plays at the right time. We have not been able to do that. When we won our four games, we did the little things.
    No doubt, we'll build off this year. The guys know we've been in every game. People talk about how we could have easily won those seven games by making a play late in the game.

But either way, we knew at the end of the year, we were going to have to break this team up, regardless of the record. We tried to take this group one more year. It didn't work.(again blaming the players for his incompetence)

Being able to play a lot of young players gives us a lot of information on what kind of players we think they are going to be. I'm excited about the future and where we are headed.(He is glad his worthless *** is still getting a paycheck)

Some of my quotes were taken out of context a couple of weeks ago. A reporter took snippets of what I said at a press conference, making it sound like I was telling the fans to get over it. (He was)

That was not true. I was talking to my players telling them we have to move on and try and win a game. It's a bad season. But the world is not coming to an end. There's a big upside.

The Jets are a little banged up like us. And they're trying to change their quarterback. They've been better on defense. We have to play good defense. Field position will dictate this game.(He still has no clue. Points win games not field position.)

Brodie threw Thursday and will start Sunday. He's been nicked up some. But nothing permanent to take him out for an extended period. We've given up a lot of sacks. But he got hurt last week trying to make a tackle on an interception.(Translation: I wont be happy till he has a career ending injury)

I'm going to take a couple of days off after the season (and why not I took the season off) and then I'm going to do some television work for ESPN during the playoffs on NFL Live. It'll be fun. (Glad he isn't playing in the playoffs.)

I'll be at the Senior Bowl in January. We know what we need at certain positions. We have 10 draft picks. We're going to build through the draft instead of free agency. I'd rather go that route. (hmmm firing 20 players and 10 draft picks, the math doesn't add up)(Basically Clark doesn't want to spend any money especially since they are losing all the fans.)

Well there is the article and my translations, hope it is readable.

I pretty much agree with all your translations. The Chiefs organization and us fans will pay for the mistakes and decisions of Hunt for at least the next few years.
    Sad, eh?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png