Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 105

Thread: what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ


    0 Not allowed!
    you know, i was just thinking...

    ...if peterson and hunt would have done LJ's contract a little differently...gave him incentives to where he could earn the money he is making now...instead of just handing it out in good faith that LJ would produce..

    ...now i dont know, but i just wonder if LJ would have accepted a contract renegotiation that was based more on incentives then just a handout of money.

    probably not...but you never know. Then we wouldn't be in the mess we are now wit him if that would have happened.

  2. #91
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I would definitely not be good, but I'd be entertaining.
    Give me your version of entertainment.

    QB's on the ground after every play?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  3. #92
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I used to build trailers for a living and to make extra money I'd build some on the side. One time a guy wanted me to build him one and he told me he'd get all the parts. He did, problem was they weren't all right. I built the trailer, but it definitely wasn't a good trailer. I did the best with what I was given. Until Carl starts letting the coaches get who they want, I'm not holding any coach responsible. Everyone knows that Vermeil didn't like the LJ pick. Why would a GM pick a player in the first round that his coach didn't want?
    Not much you can do about that, but I doubt that is relevant to the NFL.

    Parts of an inanimate object can't be changed, nor adapted.

    If you're still arguing the Carl point then it is worthless.

    He has a strangle hold on the Chiefs.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #93
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That's where you lose me guy.

    The biggest problem right now is the coach.

    The O line is second, and the QB is third.
    I don't see it that way. IMO, the o-line is by far the most pressing need right now. Also, another need I feel needs to be addressed is a kicker. I know it's not the sexiest of positions, but a good kicker can make a mediocre team a lot better.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  5. #94
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I used to build trailers for a living and to make extra money I'd build some on the side. One time a guy wanted me to build him one and he told me he'd get all the parts. He did, problem was they weren't all right. I built the trailer, but it definitely wasn't a good trailer. I did the best with what I was given. Until Carl starts letting the coaches get who they want, I'm not holding any coach responsible. Everyone knows that Vermeil didn't like the LJ pick. Why would a GM pick a player in the first round that his coach didn't want?
    Agreed, and good post.

    ...But, Vermeil found a way to plug him into the offense when Priest went down.


  6. #95
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Who am I kidding? I would have done it for a grand and half a sub sandwich.
    Damn, you're high on yourself.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

  7. #96
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Give me your version of entertainment.

    QB's on the ground after every play?
    I wouldn't even have a punter or kicker. Either we score a touchdown or we give the ball up on downs. 67% of my plays would be gadget plays. I would hold one of your cats the whole time on the sideline just so the other team would get distracted wondering why I was holding a cat. If someone screwed up in a game, I would make them do pushups or run laps around the field right there and then. And, finally, I would wear such flashy suits on the sidelines that even Deion would be jealous. Now, tell me that wouldn't be entertaining. Remember, I said I wouldn't be good. I just guaranteed entertaining.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  8. #97
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, and good post.

    ...But, Vermeil found a way to plug him into the offense when Priest went down.
    Yeah, we were lucky we had him then, but really Carl just lucked out. Who else here wondered what the crap they were doing when they drafted LJ in the first round when we had Priest? I understand he was getting older, but he had a few years in him and he had been healthy for us up until then.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  9. #98
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,540
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Damn, you're high on yourself.
    You're right. I would have done it for just the sub.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad


  10. #99
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I wouldn't even have a punter or kicker. Either we score a touchdown or we give the ball up on downs. 67% of my plays would be gadget plays. I would hold one of your cats the whole time on the sideline just so the other team would get distracted wondering why I was holding a cat. If someone screwed up in a game, I would make them do pushups or run laps around the field right there and then. And, finally, I would wear such flashy suits on the sidelines that even Deion would be jealous. Now, tell me that wouldn't be entertaining. Remember, I said I wouldn't be good. I just guaranteed entertaining.

    That is good stuff man!

    I especially like the part about making players run laps when they screw the pooch.

    And yes. you would be entertaining.


    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  11. #100
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,091
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    You're right. I would have done it for just the sub.
    Yeah but a subway sub is still a little much to demand. Maybe a Walmart sub might be more on your level.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •