Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ

Default what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ

you know, i was just thinking...

...if peterson and hunt would have done LJ's contract a little differently...gave him incentives to where he could earn the money he is making now...instead of just handing it out in good faith that LJ would produce..

...now i dont know, but i just wonder if LJ would have accepted a contract renegotiation that was based more on incentives then just a handout of money.

probably not...but you never know. Then we wouldn't be in the mess we are now wit him if that would have happened.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

After last year I was slightly anti-herm, after this year though I don't think he can ever get back to a good place with me. He even has me hoping the Chiefs lose a lot next year so he gets fired sooner then later and we can move on. Because I don't see him ever doing anything good for the team.

I wasn't a Marty fan either but I have 3 times as much dislike for Herm in 2 years then I ever had for Marty and that is saying something.

I wanted to believe he really had a plan, but he has proven me right so many times this season it is hard to overlook.

His O philosophy gets players injured at the rate of about 1 starter per game.

That will never fly with me.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    If it weren't for a good number of intelligent posts, I would think Prough is Herm. I am surprised that you havent seen that Prough is a huge Hermie fan and actually defends him on occasion.

But then everyone has a character flaw or two, for Prough it is not seeing Hermie for the Chief killer he is. Other then that Prough seems alright.

I give any coach three years. I'm not in there little meetings and know what goes on behind closed doors. I know our defense is coming around and I love that. I lay most of the blame at Carl's feet. He knows what kind of coach Herm is and should get the players in that will fit in his scheme. If they suck again next year and I can see clearly it's because of Herm then I'll be hollering for his head too.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I give any coach three years. I'm not in there little meetings and know what goes on behind closed doors. I know our defense is coming around and I love that. I lay most of the blame at Carl's feet. He knows what kind of coach Herm is and should get the players in that will fit in his scheme. If they suck again next year and I can see clearly it's because of Herm then I'll be hollering for his head too.
    He had 5 years in NY. 2 playoff wins.

Herm thought he would have it easy here in the AFC West because he was getting away from the Patriots 2 times a year, and that would somehow make a difference in his ability to coach a team.

He was wrong and we actually gave up a draft pick for his sorry ***.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    He had 5 years in NY. 2 playoff wins.

Herm thought he would have it easy here in the AFC West because he was getting away from the Patriots 2 times a year, and that would somehow make a difference in his ability to coach a team.

He was wrong and we actually gave up a draft pick for his sorry ***.
    How many playoff wins did we have with Vermeil in his five years? We had to give the Rams a pick for him too, because technically he was still under contract to them. Never heard anyone complaining about that. I knew 4 years ago we were going to be in bad shape in a few years. We had high picks that were busts and we weren't doing hardly anything in FA to help the team in the long haul. We're just paying the piper now.

How many playoff wins did we have with Vermeil in his five years? We had to give the Rams a pick for him too, because technically he was still under contract to them. Never heard anyone complaining about that. I knew 4 years ago we were going to be in bad shape in a few years. We had high picks that were busts and we weren't doing hardly anything in FA to help the team in the long haul. We're just paying the piper now.
    Well you're talking about getting a 2 time Super Bowl champion coach for a pick, vs a 2 time playoff winning coach for a pick.

That comparison doesn't work with me.

We had our chances with Vermiel but got ***** slapped by Peyton Manning. Again.

I'm just as tired of you with mediocre teams year after year, but I am confident that Herm is not the answer.

I hope I eat crow next year, but doubt that will be the case.

Well you're talking about getting a 2 time Super Bowl champion coach for a pick, vs a 2 time playoff winning coach for a pick.

I'm just as tired of you with mediocre teams year after year, but I am confident that Herm is not the answer.

I wonder too how much influence the Chief's coach has in the draft or FA for that matter. Remember how happy Vermeil was when LJ was drafted? That's why I place almost all blame on Carl.

I wonder too how much influence the Chief's coach has in the draft or FA for that matter. Remember how happy Vermeil was when LJ was drafted? That's why I place almost all blame on Carl.

The problem with this team at this point is Carl gets who ever he wants, and Herm either doesn't adapt to the talent, or just can't friggin' see it.

He let alot of the talent leave after training camp, and pre-season.

I could care less if he won 15 Super Bowls, he didn't win us squat.

I could care less if he won 15 Super Bowls, he didn't win us squat.
    I get that man.

My point was, there was absolutely nothing in Herm's background that would suggest he would be successful, whereas Vermiel would be.

That is why I don't see a problem with using a draft pick for Vermiel, as opposed to Herm.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast