Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ

Default what peterson and hunt could have done with LJ

you know, i was just thinking...

...if peterson and hunt would have done LJ's contract a little differently...gave him incentives to where he could earn the money he is making now...instead of just handing it out in good faith that LJ would produce..

...now i dont know, but i just wonder if LJ would have accepted a contract renegotiation that was based more on incentives then just a handout of money.

probably not...but you never know. Then we wouldn't be in the mess we are now wit him if that would have happened.

I battled this out like 3 weeks ago...In defense of Herm he did work with lovie and dungy in tampa bay, to me thats a pretty strong pedigree. He was a scout for the chiefs I think under schottenheimer. And he did take over an aging team that was definitely in transition. Give em another year or two and lets see what happens. Then we can call for his head if its a failure!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garciakcfan View Post
    I battled this out like 3 weeks ago...In defense of Herm he did work with lovie and dungy in tampa bay, to me thats a pretty strong pedigree. He was a scout for the chiefs I think under schottenheimer. And he did take over an aging team that was definitely in transition. Give em another year or two and lets see what happens. Then we can call for his head if its a failure!!!!

No, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want him gone now; I'm one of those incredibly impatient fans! :p

I don't play that "give em' another year or two" game.

Herm is an idiot.

Listen to him talk. If you think he is making sense then you might want to take a look in the mirror, because you might be a moron too.

(Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general statement!)

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    No, no, no, no, no, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want him gone now; I'm one of those incredibly impatient fans! :p
    Agreed!

One never knows when one will see their final Chiefs game.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Are you frickin serious?! We're talking about Herm Edwards, right? His "pedigree" as a .488 record as the Jets coach? Or his .406 record as the Chiefs coach? Add it all together and the "pedigreed" coach has a winning record of .464 in 7 years of coaching!!!!!!!!!! Most definately, let's give him two more years.

The guy should be buying lottery tickets because he's the luckiest coach around. He and his media spinsters have fooled a lot of people into thinking he's some great coach. But his numbers speak the truth. And now all I hear and read is how this Jets player and this so and so Jets coach is coming to KC. Great!! Nothing like bringing the same losing players and coaches into another city.
    Last edited by greg3564; 01-03-2008 at 01:18 AM.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I could care less if he won 15 Super Bowls, he didn't win us squat.
    So you wouldn't rather give a third round pick for, say.. a Bellichick? over someone else?

When the transactions were made, respively, the deal for Vermiel was a much better one, because he was a guy who had coached two teams to the Super Bowl. Not just two teams...Two horrible teams.

Whereas Herm took a rather mediocre team and made them...well...pretty much mediocre.

Is it worth it to lose a draft pick, to get a coach that turns losing franchises into champions? Then, is it worth it to get a coach who has only shown mediocrity, so far? Is one not the better value?

Ok herm, just take a deep breath and think about this question, ok? If you hate this guy sooo much and hate everything he has done with our loved franchise put yourself in his shoes two years ago and tell me or us what you would have done... Seriously, everyone is so quick to bash in this society and we have a right as fans to do so...I would like to know how you would have made up for two HOF lineman that retired, a defense that was getting old and had little or no talent and an offense that had two playmakers???? And no QB??? What would you have done??? The funny thing is, is that everyone should have seen this coming and now that its here it really sux...

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't play that "give em' another year or two" game.

Herm is an idiot.

Listen to him talk. If you think he is making sense then you might want to take a look in the mirror, because you might be a moron too.

(Not aimed at anyone in particular, just a general statement!)

Almost crossed the line there bud had it not been for your blanket disclaimer statement.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Agreed!

One never knows when one will see their final Chiefs game.

Tis so very true.

Ok herm, just take a deep breath and think about this question, ok? If you hate this guy sooo much and hate everything he has done with our loved franchise put yourself in his shoes two years ago and tell me or us what you would have done... Seriously, everyone is so quick to bash in this society and we have a right as fans to do so...I would like to know how you would have made up for two HOF lineman that retired, a defense that was getting old and had little or no talent and an offense that had two playmakers???? And no QB??? What would you have done??? The funny thing is, is that everyone should have seen this coming and now that its here it really sux...
    It's called player management. The Patriots were riddled with injuries this year, but they managed to do pretty good. Now, we are not the Pats and don't have the talent they do. But, Carl and Herm should have been preparing in the draft and free agency. They didn't. You also cannot forget about the horrible play calling and game management. Something Herm has a history of screwing up. Solari bought the farm and took it for the team, but Herm is largely responsible for the overall play calling. The buck stops with the head coach. How can a OC get all the blame and not the head coach?

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

May I cut-in?

Well, since Herm arrived here, we have gone two full drafts without even attempting to fill-in behind Roaf and Shields. It's not rocket science. Even if you want to give him a free pass for the first draft,( Eventhough he knew those guys were awefully close to retirement) then why didn't anything get done with the second draft? (Sixth round is doing nothing.)

Can anyone tell me what awesome players we do have on this team right now? Now take a look at the names you have and tell me how many of them were even drafted by Herm. The answer is one. Bowe is the only guy that has made any noise from that group.

Hali hasn't done anything. Pollard has been unnoticable, Paige has been too noticable, and Tyler and McBride have not done anything either.

I struggle to find the good in Herms tenure.

As far as the defense that Herm took over not having any talent... Who has talent there now? Oh, DJ And JA. But those guys were already here. (Sorry for the attitude.)

I think Gunny has more to do with the improvement of our D than Herm does. Sheer speculation, but That's what I think.

Honestly, I try to stay off of Herm case. And I think he has next season coming to him. (Since we made the deal with him) But his flaws are quite evident, and saying things like "arena football" and "get over it" don't help his case much.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast