Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking bans

Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Smoking is bad.

So is the air you breath, the food you eat, and the liquids you drink.

Cancer is a gamble for everyone, and smoking just raises the odds a bit.

My GF quit for New Years, and I plan on stopping too.

If it is not illegal to buy cigs, then it shouldn't be illegal to smoke them.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So, if you don't like the way a restaraunt handles their smoking areas, you are o.k. with the government taking away their rights?

That is where we will disagree. (For starters)

As for the second-hand-smoke subject, there isn't one. You, nor your kids, will get lung cancer from walking through the smoking section of a restaraunt. It is nothing more than a very minor inconvenience.

The very few cases of second-hand-smoke related cancer patients have been people who worked and lived in a smoke-heavy atmosphere. Anything else is drummed-up lies and exaggeration.

As for the smokers that you have known who had complications, they made their own decisions, as I have made mine.
    As for the restaurant thing, it is far more then a minor inconvenience to me. I cant eat with the smell of smoke, everytime we are around heavy smoke my kids get sick (sinus's, trouble breathing, coughing for days). And my kids are much healthier then a most kids I know, the oldest has never been to the hospital and the 5 year old has only been once. I though am much happier with Restaurants deciding to go smoke free then with the government taking the choice away. As you have the right to make your decision to smoke I have the right to go to restaurants that decide to not allow smoking, this does make it easier for me to go eat in public but I still cant commit to saying I think it was the right decision. Maybe have incentives for businesses that go smoke free, rather then to force them into it.

I maybe didnt make it clear in my write up about the law but I really am against it. My heart on the other hand loves that it happened. I do know also though that this is a touchy subject and those that are being forced to make this change might not see objectivity in my post. Because it is easier to find where I want it, then where I think it is wrong for the government to do this. In my heart I am cheering but in my brain I am hating this law.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Smoking is bad.

So is the air you breath, the food you eat, and the liquids you drink.

Cancer is a gamble for everyone, and smoking just raises the odds a bit.

My GF quit for New Years, and I plan on stopping too.

If it is not illegal to buy cigs, then it shouldn't be illegal to smoke them.
    I always get a kick how they say that people who chew have a 50% more chance of getting mouth cancer. I only know of three people who had mouth cancer and none of them smoked or chewed a day in their life. I don't mind the not smoking in restaurants though. I smoke, but for some reason, I can not stand to smell it when I eat.
    Last edited by prough91; 01-02-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Cancer or heart problems kill just about everyone in my family, so it's gonna happen whether I smoke or not it seems.

That sentiment was definitely overshadowed in the first post. But I agree that it should not be forced upon store owners to do this.

I don't agree with the government giving incentives either though. That has me helping to pay them for it. I think that those incentives should come from local groups. Churches, or what have you.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I always get a kick how they say that people who chew have a 50% more chance of getting mouth cancer. I know three people who had mouth cancer and none of them smoked or chewed a day in their life.
    Honestly though unless they choose to spit it on me I could care less if someone chews. But if I have to smoke part of a cigarette because the person next to me has to have one that bothers me. If someone chooses to do something harmful to themselves I could care less, it is when it involves me that I have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    Honestly though unless they choose to spit it on me I could care less if someone chews. But if I have to smoke part of a cigarette because the person next to me has to have one that bothers me. If someone chooses to do something harmful to themselves I could care less, it is when it involves me that I have a problem.
    I agree somewhat. Read my post again, I was adding more to it when you quoted me. lol
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

It may be over, but if this dicussion picks up again, it now has its own place.

Thanks for the move, got a lil off topic on the other thread. :)

Wow.

The power of a mod!

Good job chief31!

What were we talking about before anyways?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast