Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking bans

Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    we all know you love the sausage HH :bananen_smilies011:
    Hah!

Not funny...

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Made me laugh, heh! I've yet to read a post by Canada that failed to make me laugh! (The ones where he intends to be funny, I mean).

I'm still laughing from the other day when he replied to Guru with "Uhhhhh...... Canada?" LOL!

Oh its funny!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Oh its funny!!!
    No it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    No it's not!

It's hilariousness is lost because intellectually we are not on the same level. You think parrots are funny....I do not. I think gay and short jokes about you are funny...you do not. But they are hilarious!!
    Last edited by Canada; 02-10-2008 at 06:16 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

It's hilariousness is lost because intellectually we are not on the same level. You think parrots are funny....I do not. I think gay and short jokes about you are funny...you do not. But the are hilarious!!

You're asking for the bird!

(Do you get to watch the game at work?)

I have seen bits an pieces. I am trying to not hear lifehouse right now

I have muted the TV and am watching the cheerleaders shake their moneymakers!

So many valid points...

First of all, I agree with the concept of a business owner having the right to own and operate his business within certain freedoms. I do have a problem when a city or county tries to enforce a smoking ban, as it hurts the commercial interests in their boundaries. However when a ban is statewide or most likely it will eventually be nationwide, you'll then see all businesses on a level playing field. Right or wrong, my interest as an owner would be in being allowed to compete equally with businesses in my area.

As for the company policy that many companies are adopting wherein no one can smoke inside or outside the building, there is a reason for that and it is quite logical. Healthcare costs. Many health insurance companies will give a discount to the company for creating such "healthy environments" with the thought being that long-term costs will be lowered. There will be a percentage (albeit small) of smokers who will quit based on the inconvenience, or at least lower the quantity of cigarettes that they smoke. Additionally those that continue to smoke, won't have to just walk outside, but rather also walk across the parking lot, thus burning a couple more calories.

Oh and my final point...Canada, when you say no soda related deaths...you may want to rethink that. Check under diabetes related deaths, and realize the amount of sugar in a regular soda. Just to be the devils advocate...(HH...queue picture of Al Pacino)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

soooo....smoking bans huh??

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast