Thread: 2008 Draft

Default 2008 Draft

Take Dorsey if he drops to us or trade down!

I have a bad feeling about taking a O-lineman with a top 5 pick!

Quote Originally Posted by rammstein View Post

I have a bad feeling about taking a O-lineman with a top 5 pick!

I have a worse feeling about not taking an O lineman with our first pick.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm not big on draft O-linemen and expecting them to deliver right away, but there are 2-3 that will come out this year that will be impact players. Jake Long from Michigan and Sam Baker (USC) should both make impacts this year. Cherilus (Boston College) won't have the same upside as other early picks at OL, but could be more NFL ready than other top prospects like Otah (Pitt) & Williams (Vanderbilt).

The only reason the Chiefs should draft a player that doesn't play O-line is if they win the "coin flips" and end up with the 4th pick. Then QB Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm could come into play. Also if they could trade down to around 10 and grab CB Jenkins from South Florida that could be a great pickup for them.

The first pick (Miami) will likely be McFadden or Dorsey.
    The 2nd pick (StL) could be various players, but I'd guess either Dorsey (LSU) or Long (Virginia)
    The 3rd will be either Oakland or Atlanta (based on coin flip)...Oakland has their QB, and has a decent O-line, they'd likely take a defensive player...Atlanta would likely take the top QB on the board (Ryan or Brohm)
    KC could get the 4th if Oakland wins the 3rd, but if not gets the 5th.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I'm not big on draft O-linemen and expecting them to deliver right away, but there are 2-3 that will come out this year that will be impact players. Jake Long from Michigan and Sam Baker (USC) should both make impacts this year. Cherilus (Boston College) won't have the same upside as other early picks at OL, but could be more NFL ready than other top prospects like Otah (Pitt) & Williams (Vanderbilt).

The only reason the Chiefs should draft a player that doesn't play O-line is if they win the "coin flips" and end up with the 4th pick. Then QB Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm could come into play. Also if they could trade down to around 10 and grab CB Jenkins from South Florida that could be a great pickup for them.

The first pick (Miami) will likely be McFadden or Dorsey.
    The 2nd pick (StL) could be various players, but I'd guess either Dorsey (LSU) or Long (Virginia)
    The 3rd will be either Oakland or Atlanta (based on coin flip)...Oakland has their QB, and has a decent O-line, they'd likely take a defensive player...Atlanta would likely take the top QB on the board (Ryan or Brohm)
    KC could get the 4th if Oakland wins the 3rd, but if not gets the 5th.

That's some good info there guy!

Thanks!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    That's some good info there guy!

Thanks!
    I try to mix in a little quality here and there...you should try it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I try to mix in a little quality here and there...you should try it.
    Unfortunately I don't have any...

I get all my info from you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have any...

I get all my info from you guys!

Haven't you noticed h-squared just vomits the info he receives from us into different posts. He does tend to parrot.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad