Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Draft Needs?

Default Draft Needs?

Hello, I'm actually a Jaguars fan in need of some info... over on Jaguars.com we are doing a mock draft and I've chosen to represent the Chiefs (second favorite team!). Anyway, I haven't really found a board that all the chiefs fans go to, but this one seemed active enough (posts today :))

Anyway, what needs do you think the chiefs really have? From what I know... maybe a WR, defense (front seven to account for allen possibly leaving), anything else? Is there a player you feel is being targeted? Would the chiefs office make any sort of trade up or down to get a targeted player(s)? Any help is greatly appreciated, and I'll come back to update you guys with the results of the draft if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The Chiefs have addressed the issue at left tackle. That increases the chances of a first round wideout. Defensive tackle is still the biggest hole, on the roster.

Yup; if I was a betting man I, now, would lay money on a defensive pick in the first round.

O-line we have to

Quote Originally Posted by RALPH View Post
    O-line we have to

Not necessarily, they have made some recent O-line acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by RALPH View Post
    O-line we have to
    I must admit, I would have, greatly, preferred drafting an offensive tackle. Also, that I don't, particularly, trust the move that we made. Having said that, I expect that the team feels that the issue at left tackle has been resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I must admit, I would have, greatly, preferred drafting an offensive tackle. Also, that I don't, particularly, trust the move that we made. Having said that, I expect that the team feels that the issue at left tackle has been resolved.

...Or at least addressed.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think all good DT`S and OT`S willbe gone by the time we draft in the 1st rnd. so i think we pick a wideout in the #23 spot. i think our 2nd and or 3rd willbe be a either a OT or DT. but if i was running the show my first thing wouldbe,,,,, show queen carl the bottom of my foot on the way out the door. thats my 2 cents worth.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i think all good DT`S and OT`S willbe gone by the time we draft in the 1st rnd. so i think we pick a wideout in the #23 spot. i think our 2nd and or 3rd willbe be a either a OT or DT. but if i was running the show my first thing wouldbe,,,,, show queen carl the bottom of my foot on the way out the door. thats my 2 cents worth.
    Yeah; we seem to be aggressively working to resolve deficits on both sides of the ball with FA acquisition.

I hope we go defense with the first pick. Unless there is a sweet WR on the board. O-line would be good later picks. I think the great o-line poeple will be gone by the time we draft in the 1st.

Smile

That's the way I see it, unless we trade up significantly, the good O line people willbe gone, I shudder to think what we will pick at that position, most top picks will probably be gone by then. I guess we will have to wait and see.

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I hope we go defense with the first pick. Unless there is a sweet WR on the board. O-line would be good later picks. I think the great o-line poeple will be gone by the time we draft in the 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    That's the way I see it, unless we trade up significantly, the good O line people willbe gone, I shudder to think what we will pick at that position, most top picks will probably be gone by then. I guess we will have to wait and see.

:bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098: :bananen_smilies098:
    But then again Ryan Sims was an early top draft pick and we all know just how well he turned out. Anyway, ya really just never know; late in the draft or early in the draft it's all a crap shoot when ya get right down too it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast