Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com - Year in Review 2007, 2008

Default ChiefsCrowd.com - Year in Review 2007, 2008

So 2007 is now complete and it is time for some reflection on the past year.

Here are some numbers:
    35,643 People visited our site
    4,728,839 Pages were viewed.
    500+ new members.
    60,000 new posts
    3,000 new threads

ChiefsCrowd.com underwent a major facelift.
    Vbulletin forums were added.
    Joomla CMS was added.
    ChiefsCrowd.com is in the top 5 for nearly every worthwhile search term in google.

Major thanks to all of you for making this such a great place to talk about the Kansas City Chiefs.

The one glaring thing missing from this site in my opinion is having our own beat writers to write new stories. Everyone goes straight to the forums. Many of you probably aren't even aware that we have a homepage. I'd love to find 3-4 people in 2008 that would be willing to regularly submit their own articles about the Chiefs. These articles would be featured on the homepage. This would make the site even better IMO. If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in taking on this task, please shoot me a PM.

I definitely think our site is heading in the right direction and I really appreciate all of the efforts of everyone on this site.

I have been a Chiefs fan for about 20 years and I learned a lot about the Chiefs that I never knew this year. I read a lot of stuff that I agreed with in these forums and plenty that I did not. But I enjoyed hearing fresh opinions from people who care about the Chiefs as much as I do. All of you make this a fun place to be and I can't thank you enough.

Special props go to the awesome works that our moderators do on a daily basis. Thank you Chiefster, Guru, and Chief31. Without you, this site would not function. You rock!

I look forward to a great 2008 on ChiefsCrowd.com. I look forward to a great free agency period, draft, and a winning season in 2008 for our Kansas City Chiefs!

-Coach
    Last edited by Coach; 02-07-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    I am still learning my way around but so far I like it. I do not know why I didn't join sooner and get out of the Star's forum. This board seems like a much better group of fans.
    ...Glad you are enjoying the site!

Nice numbers and I have to say a nice board. Only stumbled across it a few weeks back, but like the setup, the other members and the activity! Good job.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=2574&type=sigpic&dateline=1233413652

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I love this site!! I thought it was a staircase or escalator up from a Yahoo group, more than definitely. It is what I have been looking for all these years - a site where I could just love the chiefs.
    Coach, you've done a fab job as well as all the mods. You feel the same way about our chiefs that we do.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

I want a Chiefs crowd T shirt!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Me Too!

Me three! And a beer.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Me three! And a beer.
    you can have a shirt, but don't touch my beer!! I have seen how you Americans react to Canadian beer!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    you can have a shirt, but don't touch my beer!! I have seen how you Americans react to Canadian beer!!
    Do tell, pictures also.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I like beer. And smoked brisket.
    DO IT.
    SHUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast