Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com - Year in Review 2007, 2008

Default ChiefsCrowd.com - Year in Review 2007, 2008

So 2007 is now complete and it is time for some reflection on the past year.

Here are some numbers:
    35,643 People visited our site
    4,728,839 Pages were viewed.
    500+ new members.
    60,000 new posts
    3,000 new threads

ChiefsCrowd.com underwent a major facelift.
    Vbulletin forums were added.
    Joomla CMS was added.
    ChiefsCrowd.com is in the top 5 for nearly every worthwhile search term in google.

Major thanks to all of you for making this such a great place to talk about the Kansas City Chiefs.

The one glaring thing missing from this site in my opinion is having our own beat writers to write new stories. Everyone goes straight to the forums. Many of you probably aren't even aware that we have a homepage. I'd love to find 3-4 people in 2008 that would be willing to regularly submit their own articles about the Chiefs. These articles would be featured on the homepage. This would make the site even better IMO. If you, or anyone you know, would be interested in taking on this task, please shoot me a PM.

I definitely think our site is heading in the right direction and I really appreciate all of the efforts of everyone on this site.

I have been a Chiefs fan for about 20 years and I learned a lot about the Chiefs that I never knew this year. I read a lot of stuff that I agreed with in these forums and plenty that I did not. But I enjoyed hearing fresh opinions from people who care about the Chiefs as much as I do. All of you make this a fun place to be and I can't thank you enough.

Special props go to the awesome works that our moderators do on a daily basis. Thank you Chiefster, Guru, and Chief31. Without you, this site would not function. You rock!

I look forward to a great 2008 on ChiefsCrowd.com. I look forward to a great free agency period, draft, and a winning season in 2008 for our Kansas City Chiefs!

-Coach
    Last edited by Coach; 02-07-2009 at 10:50 PM.

No . Thanx You for your work and everbody else who contributes to this site. Me being a new member really enjoys this site and I do ck out the home page. But the forums are entertaining and informative.. Thanks again all. Jer.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Glad to be part of the site Coach!

Thanks for the chance to meet new Chiefs fans, and have a place to talk about OUR Chiefs!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Coach, I would like to thank You for creating the Chiefs Crowd! Chiefster, Guru, and Chief31 for all your time that you spend being Mods for the Crowd! I do hope that there is some members that can step up to the plate and be a Chiefs Crowd beat writer, I wish that I was talented, to do it, and had time also. But I am not, and do not have the time. But I believe Coach that we will get those folks. Just make sure its not.
    TO YOU AND THE MODS FOR A GREAT CHIEF'S FAN SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank You

So 2008 is now complete and it is time for some reflection on the past year.

Here are some numbers:
    69,180 People visited our site (94% increase over 2007)
    5,380,057 Pages were viewed. (14% increase)
    1,313 new members.(162% increase)
    50,780 new posts
    2,525 new threads

We had our first ChiefsCrowd.com tailgate party at the home opener this year. Thanks to Canada, tammy tailgater, yzilla, and many others for making it happen. I hope we continue the tradition in 2009.

Thanks to all of the members and mods that helped make 2008 another great year for ChiefsCrowd.com.

New posts and threads seemed to have leveled off a bit, but still solid numbers; and as far as the rest goes I think it's great how the site has grown.

Great job Coach! :)
    Last edited by Chiefster; 02-07-2009 at 11:15 PM.

This is the Home of the Chiefs Crowd!!!!
    Good Job all of you, Members and Mods, But thank you Coach for a great site!

Now if you could just schedule CCA (ChiefsCrowd Anomymous) meetings for those addicted to this site!!
    Thanks for all your hard work guys and for keeping people like me in line!!
    SHUT IT

Thumbs up That all sounds good..

To all who run this site!!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

I am still learning my way around but so far I like it. I do not know why I didn't join sooner and get out of the Star's forum. This board seems like a much better group of fans.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast