Thread: Gammon was a pretty good long snapper.

Default Gammon was a pretty good long snapper.

Former Chief Kendall Gammon returns to Pittsburg State

Associated Press

PITTSBURG, Kan. _ Former Kansas City Chief Kendall Gammon has returned to Pittsburg State, where he began a football career that took him to the Pro Bowl as one of the NFL's best long snappers.

Gammon began work Friday as major gifts officer for the department of intercollegiate athletics at Pittsburg State, where he won a national championship.

"It's the perfect fit for me at this time and I look forward to a long relationship with PSU," Gammon said. "For me, it's somewhat of a dream job because I can live, breathe and eat PSU."

Football coach Chuck Broyles is thrilled to have Gammon at the university.
    "What a great find for us," he said. "He'll be a major gift identifier for us."
    Gammon said he will not focus soley on football in his new job.

"While the title has to do with intercollegiate athletics, it's not just about that," he said. "It's about the university as a whole."

During his NFL playing days, Gammon maintained ties with Pittsburg State through the school's coaches, as well as his brother-in-law, Tommy Riggs, who was associate athletics director for promotions and marketing before dying of a heart attack on July 21.

Gammon was a three-time All-MIAA performer (1989-91) and one-time All-American (1991) at Pittsburg State. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1992 and played for New Orleans before moving to the Chiefs in 2000. He was named to the Pro Bowl in 2004. He was released by the Chiefs in 2007.

Gammon said his new position will help him focus on things more important than football.

"I've snapped a ball between my legs for the last 15 years," he said. "It afforded me a lot of things and it was great, but it wasn't the most cerebral of things to do. I'm not knocking it, but this is a new chapter in my life and one that I'm excited about."

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/432116.html
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Congratulations Kendall!!

I've met him twice and he's really a great guy!