Thread: This chick would rule at Twister!

Default This chick would rule at Twister!

Bending over backwards to entertain, it's SNAKEGIRL!

By ADAM LUCK - More by this author » Last updated at 17:44pm on 5th January 2008 Comments (5)
    Her nickname is Snakegirl - and just one look at her extraordinary stage act reveals why.

The 18-year-old contortionist, who dresses in a snakeskin costume, is amazing audiences with her incredible poses and eye-watering gyrations.

Nokulunga Buthelezi is so naturally flexible that her mother found her asleep one day when she was three - with her legs tucked behind her neck.
    Scroll down for more...
    Flexible: Lunga looks like she doesn't have a bone in her body

Six years later, the young girl from South Africa joined a touring circus in the United States and is now a major star of Afrika! Afrika!, a £4.2million extravaganza opening at the O2 arena in London on January 17.

Nokulunga, whose name is shortened to Lunga for the stage, achieves seemingly impossible positions with ease, then ratchets up the act with excruciating twists and turns.

The performer, who now financially supports her mother, grandmother, aunts and cousins, said: "There are so many kids out there in Africa with talent, but I had something different.
    Scroll down for more...
    OUCH: Lunga in an eye-watering pose for the show Afrika! Afrika!

"My mum saw someone doing acrobatics and they mentioned that there were auditions for an American circus. She took me along and they were impressed.

"When I went to America, I did not even speak English and I had no chaperone, just a tutor for my education. It was tough at first but my family supported me because they knew I was following my dreams."
    Scroll down for more...
    Agile acrobats from Tanzania undertake breathtaking feats of balance

Since it opened in Frankfurt in 2005, more than two million people have seen the two-hour show, which celebrates the continent's diverse cultural heritage through its tribal customs, indigenous dances and music.

More than 100 performers from 17 African nations - including Cameroon, Senegal, Nigeria and Ghana - will be at the O2, the venue for last year's sell-out Prince concert and the Led Zeppelin and Spice Girls comebacks.
    Scroll down for more...
    Performers display their energy and zest for life

They also include the Human Spider, 38-year-old contortionist Makaya Dimbelelo from Angola, who opens the show. He squeezes his entire body through the head of a tennis racket.

Then there is Dickson Oppong from Ghana, who is called Waterman.
    He becomes a human fountain who swallows five litres of water that he then spouts a metre high - before taking cover under an umbrella. It took him ten years to perfect the act.

Afrika! Afrika! is the creation of Austrian impresario Andre Heller and African choreographer Georges Momboye, who scoured the remotest areas of the continent for the unique performers.
    They hope it will be as successful as Cirque du Soleil.

Mr Heller said: "We've helped create a platform for an incredible kaleidoscope of the wonderful performers that Africa has to offer."

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1811
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I want to teach my wife to do that!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I want to teach my wife to do that!!
    I wouldn't marry mine until she learned.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    I wouldn't marry mine until she learned.
    Now our wives have something to do when i come to KC!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Now our wives have something to do when i come to KC!!
    Practice makes perfect!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png