Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It Begins....

Default It Begins....

Edwards to Begin Interviewing Offensive Coordinator Candidates
    1/05/08 at 10:23 pm

[Topeka Capital-Journal] Coach Herm Edwards said he hopes to interview five or six possible candiates for his vacant offensive coordinator position with the hope of having a replacement for the vanquished Mike Solari in place before the first of the Senior Bowl practices on Jan. 21.

Edwards would not identify any of his candidates, but said he wanted someone more willing to fit his scheme to the players available rather than trying to make players adjust to a new offensive scheme.

Of primary importance, he said, was developing an offensive system that takes advantage of Brodie Croyle's mobility and potential to throw downfield and to the sidelines.

I'm sorry, did i miss something? Since when is "no knees" Croyle mobile? More mobile than Huard, sure. But, Croyle mobile? relative to who else?

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry68 View Post
    I don't care who the oc or qb is but without a line any system will fail but with a superb line any system can suceed.
    Agreed. But a poor coord can make an average line look even worse.

well anything new at this point is good news cause what they were doing didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry68 View Post
    I don't care who the oc or qb is but without a line any system will fail but with a superb line any system can suceed.
    is it possible to have a thread without this being said? I think it's well known that the O-line needs to be rebuilt. But, there is ANOTHER problem out there.....WE DON'T HAVE AN OC.

These discussions are about which guy would best suit the wants of the Head Coach, the current talent and who could best compliment the defense and keep them off the field.

WE GET IT....THE O-LINE SUCKS....BUT SO DID SOLARI AS AN OC.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    is it possible to have a thread without this being said? I think it's well known that the O-line needs to be rebuilt. But, there is ANOTHER problem out there.....WE DON'T HAVE AN OC.

These discussions are about which guy would best suit the wants of the Head Coach, the current talent and who could best compliment the defense and keep them off the field.

WE GET IT....THE O-LINE SUCKS....BUT SO DID SOLARI AS AN OC.
    In that case Chiefster for OC!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

This is a dream scenario but man, Les Miles would be an amazing oc!! Just look at the talent he's brought to LSU and obviously, he know what he's doing!!!

But I know, this will never come to pass.

Infinity...you corrected yourself already, but I have to ask. Why would Les Miles leave LSU right now for anything but full control of a team?!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Infinity...you corrected yourself already, but I have to ask. Why would Les Miles leave LSU right now for anything but full control of a team?!
    I know. I know. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to dream!!
    :)
    It's Gonna Be The D Bowe Show!

This might be his big chance to break into the NFL.

I agree he wouldn't give up full control of a team, but he might be able to turn a team with a losing record around as a Head Coach.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    This might be his big chance to break into the NFL.

I agree he wouldn't give up full control of a team, but he might be able to turn a team with a losing record around as a Head Coach.
    He'd be a fool to take the job with Carl in Charge. If he had a shot at the Miami job with Parcells being the personnel man, that might be different.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

He'd be a fool to take the job with Carl in Charge. If he had a shot at the Miami job with Parcells being the personnel man, that might be different.
    Agreed there guy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast