Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It Begins....

Default It Begins....

Edwards to Begin Interviewing Offensive Coordinator Candidates
    1/05/08 at 10:23 pm

[Topeka Capital-Journal] Coach Herm Edwards said he hopes to interview five or six possible candiates for his vacant offensive coordinator position with the hope of having a replacement for the vanquished Mike Solari in place before the first of the Senior Bowl practices on Jan. 21.

Edwards would not identify any of his candidates, but said he wanted someone more willing to fit his scheme to the players available rather than trying to make players adjust to a new offensive scheme.

Of primary importance, he said, was developing an offensive system that takes advantage of Brodie Croyle's mobility and potential to throw downfield and to the sidelines.

I'm sorry, did i miss something? Since when is "no knees" Croyle mobile? More mobile than Huard, sure. But, Croyle mobile? relative to who else?

What are the odds he hires someone that has been affiliated with the Jets?

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I agree!! When did Croyle ever throw down the field?? His specialty seems to be either throwing interceptions down the field because he wants to bury our opponents or short slants!

Thanks for the info. You made me laugh!

Did he say offensive scheme or offensive scam??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I think herm should go to the college ranks for a new OC, and I like Croyle just give him time...oh yeah and protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    I think herm should go to the college ranks for a new OC, and I like Croyle just give him time...oh yeah and protection.
    Who do you have in mind from the college ranks?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

That I am not qualified for and have no clue but someone new and fresh that has not been to the nfl ranks yet. Someone must br ready out of all those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Who do you have in mind from the college ranks?
    How bout June Jones then draft Colt Brennan?

I'M ABSOLUTELY JOKING....I'M FULL AWARE OF THE JONES SITUATION AND THE FACT THAT BRENNAN IS A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    How bout June Jones then draft Colt Brennan?

I'M ABSOLUTELY JOKING....I'M FULL AWARE OF THE JONES SITUATION AND THE FACT THAT BRENNAN IS A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM.
    June Jones would be interesting. If he is looking for schemes that involve out-of-pocket passing, it seems likely that he would be looking at the college ranks.

Didn't Callahan run the option at Nebraska? I really don't think the Chiefs would bring in Callahan though.

I don't care who the oc or qb is but without a line any system will fail but with a superb line any system can suceed.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast