Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Back off Herm Haters!

Default Back off Herm Haters!

So this has been bugging me for awhile. And I'm sure I am going to speared for this thread. But here goes.

If you had one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL, why in the heck would you try to run a passing offense? Especially with a rookie QB? It just doesn't make sense.

One of the major reasons that Herm was trying to run the ball this year, especially early on, was because our best every down threat was Larry Johnson. If you put a rookie QB in a pass happy offense behind a line that can't pass block, what good can possibly come of it?

Besides the fact, that he is trying to help give the defense some confidence. Our defense would have finished last in the league if Herm would have tried to pass as often as most people on these boards would have liked. The defense would have been on the field constantly.

Oh by the way.....It isn't like we have a boatload of prolific receivers to throw the ball to. A rookie WR is our best WR threat. When your best passing threat is a TE, you better be able to run the ball.

I'm not Herm Edwards' #1 fan for other reasons. But, I think he is taking far too much negative criticism because of the situation he was put in. The O-line has been neglected for years while the Dick Vermiel era tried to make a run at a championship.

All I'm saying is that if I were a head coach that inherited a team that had a poor offensive line, a rookie QB, poor WR's, a struggling defense, and my best offensive threat was a LJ.......Well then, I'd be running the damn ball too.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Back off HermHater!!!

Heh!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    If you don't think they left because of Herm, why didn't they tell him?
    Do you know that they didn't? I really don't know if they did or not. It's not that unheard of for them to just fax in their retirement announcement to their team before they announce it to the press.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Do you know that they didn't? I really don't know if they did or not. It's not that unheard of for them to just fax in their retirement announcement to their team before they announce it to the press.
    OK, then why didn't Carl release the information to the public?

Was it because they didn't want to alert the other Divisional rivals to what wast happening (same this year with LJ)?

Betting on the NFL is a HUGE enterprise for the bookies (and betters) in Vegas.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

OK, then why didn't Carl release the information to the public?

Was it because they didn't want to alert the other Divisional rivals to what wast happening (same this year with LJ)?

Betting on the NFL is a HUGE enterprise for the bookies (and betters) in Vegas.
    As well as Coach.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    As well as Coach.
    Heh again!

This is my first post on these forums, but I feel I have to vent about my confusion about some of herm's playcalling. Has anyone ever seen a 2nd and 1 be anything but a run play while he has been here? I have seen most of the games in the past 2 years, but I don't remember it being anything but a run. That to me seems like a situation you might want to throw downfield on at least occasionally, but it's always a run. Yet he goes for it on 4th and 1 in the oakland game saying, I thought we could make a yard.

I was a little disappointed that kansas city picked him up in the first place given his mediocre record, and I've been up and down, sometimes I like what he does, and other times, I think he does the opposite of what the obvious solution looks to be.

Last years playoff game was painful, they put so many guys up to stop the run, and herm just kept trying to run it and ended up throwing on 3rd and long because they got no yards on 1st and 2nd down. If they are going to put so many guys up on the line to stop the run, you should throw it. larry johnson is good, but he can't gain good yards consistently against that.

Quote Originally Posted by hartelc View Post
    This is my first post on these forums, but I feel I have to vent about my confusion about some of herm's playcalling. Has anyone ever seen a 2nd and 1 be anything but a run play while he has been here? I have seen most of the games in the past 2 years, but I don't remember it being anything but a run. That to me seems like a situation you might want to throw downfield on at least occasionally, but it's always a run. Yet he goes for it on 4th and 1 in the oakland game saying, I thought we could make a yard.

I was a little disappointed that kansas city picked him up in the first place given his mediocre record, and I've been up and down, sometimes I like what he does, and other times, I think he does the opposite of what the obvious solution looks to be.

Last years playoff game was painful, they put so many guys up to stop the run, and herm just kept trying to run it and ended up throwing on 3rd and long because they got no yards on 1st and 2nd down. If they are going to put so many guys up on the line to stop the run, you should throw it. larry johnson is good, but he can't gain good yards consistently against that.

Herm is a moron.

He makes terrible game time decisions consistently.

It has been painful to watch him with his predictability; just knowing what he is gonna have the OC call makes me cringe.

If I know what is coming, you don't think the opponents D coordinator knows?

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i dont know if the d-cord would but my grandma can guess and she`s been dead for 15 years now
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Heh again!

You make me so proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You make me so proud.
    Sniff...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast