Page 128 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Far left...Far right... I am so far left, that I may sound like I'm on the right. But, I am alos so far right, that I amy sound like I am on the left.

I think that both parties ideals are reasnably fair and often far more similar than most would suspect.

But I have yet to see a politician who truly believes in the actual ideals of eother "side" of the aisle.
    I think this should be post of the month.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Well it appears that Obama has finally done it!

Now the rumor mill has it that Hillary is mulling over the VP spot on the ticket.

Unhappy Are you sure?

She will never quit! (aka Al Gore)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAu39I5QOUc&feature=bz301"]YouTube - Young Hillary Clinton[/ame] Dream ticket? She has allready been V.P.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Yeah, she's a trrrst.

Default What is a trrrst?

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Yeah, she's a trrrst.
    I must b old. Cannot find trrrst in the dictionary.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Some think we should negotiate with the trrrsts...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfo8W4vMDhI"]YouTube - Obama Would Appease Terrorists (Iran)--says Bush?[/ame]

Unhappy More trsst stuff?

Also some think we should elect people who have no clue about.. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaO7N-JujU&feature=related"]YouTube - The shocking comment Barack Obama does not want you to hear![/ame] about OJ..
    I'm out..

Heh. That's kinda reaching isn't it?

Wow, I don't like Obama...I think he's a lot of things I don't like...but frankly I think this one is a bit over the line.

I do think that Obama is lying about the whole Rev. Wright and his church. There is no way he sat in that church for 20 years, and didn't know what the Reverend Wright's positions were. He clearly has decided now to separate himself from the church, however if he truly found those positions offensive it would have been appropriate to separate himself before campaigning on a National Stage.

I do question his love for this country...sorry but this comes from the comments that his wife made..."For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of this country"...

C'mon, the woman is in her mid to late 40s, if she can't pick one time in the last 25 years that this country has done her proud, then that is damn near tantamount to an admission that the entire system in this country needs to change for her to be happy. Yeah, these were her words, not his...but they were made when stumping for his campaign. If the couple had political and philisophical differences of this magnitude, it would be unlikely that he'd have her speaking in groups like this, rather he'd have one of a myriad of his other advisors making the speeches he can't make. But as his wife and partner he supported her, and her beliefs.

Personally I don't like either candidate. I do want change, but not change for the worse!!! I seriously question Barrack Obama's direction for this country, and I'm not real excited about McCain's either. But where the idea of McCain as President is a disappointment to me, the idea of Obama as President scares the hell out of me.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Wow, I don't like Obama...I think he's a lot of things I don't like...but frankly I think this one is a bit over the line.

I do think that Obama is lying about the whole Rev. Wright and his church. There is no way he sat in that church for 20 years, and didn't know what the Reverend Wright's positions were. He clearly has decided now to separate himself from the church, however if he truly found those positions offensive it would have been appropriate to separate himself before campaigning on a National Stage.

I do question his love for this country...sorry but this comes from the comments that his wife made..."For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of this country"...

C'mon, the woman is in her mid to late 40s, if she can't pick one time in the last 25 years that this country has done her proud, then that is damn near tantamount to an admission that the entire system in this country needs to change for her to be happy. Yeah, these were her words, not his...but they were made when stumping for his campaign. If the couple had political and philisophical differences of this magnitude, it would be unlikely that he'd have her speaking in groups like this, rather he'd have one of a myriad of his other advisors making the speeches he can't make. But as his wife and partner he supported her, and her beliefs.

Personally I don't like either candidate. I do want change, but not change for the worse!!! I seriously question Barrack Obama's direction for this country, and I'm not real excited about McCain's either. But where the idea of McCain as President is a disappointment to me, the idea of Obama as President scares the hell out of me.
    I feel the same!