Page 132 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Had they continued working toward a fully functioning electic car and battery, they could have been mass-producing them several years ago.

That alone could eliminate this countrys dependancy on foreign oil within 10-15 years.

There really is no mistaking that the majority of our oil needs are from on-road vehicles. And the vast majority of them could be electric within 15 years.

Who wouldn't go test drive a car that required no gasoline right now, if there were such a car? And if it drove smoothly, came with the same warranty, and had a 400-500 mile battery life? Or even longer?

Nah. I'd rather just pay for gas.
    I'd pass...400-500 miles for me won't cut it way too often. But that's the life of a travelling sales rep. I did nearly 700 miles today. Additionally I'd be very concerned about the range in the desert. Car batteries in regular cars don't last for crap in the heat...I can't imagine depending on a car that ran on just batteries. I'm more optimistic on the Hydrogen-concept, it'll just require a lot of infa-structure before it becomes a viable option.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Even if a viable solution was found for alternative energy tomorrow (which it won't be that quickly for many of us) our economy and society will remain dependant on large supplies of oil for decades to come. Not only for transportation, but also heating, power, plastics, etc.

The reality is, even if we find other solutions for some of these issues, we'll need oil still.

Get to drilling and researching!!!
    Then how is Brazil energy independent?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Then how is Brazil energy independent?
    2 reasons,

1) Ethanol is a viable resource when you use a fuel source that is cheap. We artificially increase the price of corn through crop reduction, and then try to use it to make cheap fuel, which lowers the supply for food further increasing the price.

2) Power plants- Too many of our power plants run on fossil fuels (coal) and therefore the energy required to make ethanol (the alternative fuel of choice in Brazil) is made from fossil fuels. Kinda ironic...eh?

Ethanol would be viable here if

1) Eliminate CRP programs which will lower the cost of the "fuel" behind Ethanol

2) Nuclear power, wind power and tidal power need to be harnessed and used

Since #1 will never happen in our lifetimes, pursuing #2 seems futile.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Does anyone but me think that oil speculators ought to just shut up?

...Just woundering.

THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Informative.

Default Being 45 min or less from the beach.........

Drill M#$&#! F#$%^&*@ !!! This picture do es not look too bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Cool So inflation does have benefits..

Food rise has Bolivia's coca farmers planting rice
    SINAHOTA, Bolivia - Soaring food prices may achieve what the United States has spent millions of dollars trying to do: persuade Bolivian farmers to sow their fields with less potent crops than cocaine's raw ingredient.

The unlikely advocate for change is Bolivian President Evo Morales, who as leader of a powerful coca growers union fought U.S. crop-substitution programs for two decades.
    But rising grain prices and food shortages have made him reconsider. He's now asking coca farmers to supplement their crops with rice and corn as a way of holding down coca production while helping to feed South America's poorest country
    "There won't be zero coca, but there won't be free cultivation of coca either," Morales told thousands of cheering peasants in the small town of Sinahota last month.
    Then Bolivia's first indigenous president raised his left fist and switched to the Quechua language: "Viva coca! Death to the Yankees!"

:armee_smilies132: :Banane36: Good news/ Unless your a crack-head..Prices will go up for that too!
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

And just in the way of "balance".