Page 135 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

...and returning to campaign news McCain has his first polling lead over Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080820/...ll_politics_dc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26284851/

I think we have potential problems in the Russians again. NATO better be prepared.

I already said the commies are coming! We will akll meet in the Rockies like in Red Dawn!

Lightbulb

Chit NATO a joke.. Anyways for the in tune in crowd who wanna learn things in this world of BS or? . There is a movie out "Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?" It is supposed to B a comedy-Butt has so many under tones ... You b the judge..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Guess what!
    I was at the Hyatt last night and on our way there.... the obama motorcade went right in front of us and ended up at the hyatt crowncenter.... My bad driver boss almost pulled out in front of the motorcycle cops that were leading the motorcade....
    Didn't see him though, but that is perfectly okay.... didn't really care to

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Guess what!
    I was at the Hyatt last night and on our way there.... the obama motorcade went right in front of us and ended up at the hyatt crowncenter.... My bad driver boss almost pulled out in front of the motorcycle cops that were leading the motorcade....
    Didn't see him though, but that is perfectly okay.... didn't really care to
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Barack Obama's tax plan, laid out by advisers Austan Goolsbee and Jason Furman in the Wall Street Journal in mid-August, promises to improve the nation's fiscal standing by scaling back tax cuts for people making more than $250,000. Since then, the business pundit class has been griping that people who make $250,000 a year aren't really wealthy, especially if they live in and around New York; San Francisco; or Washington, D.C. (Check out this CNBCdebate, for example.) On Wednesday afternoon, CNBC's unscientific online poll found that (surprise!) only 35 percent of respondents believed an income of $250,000 qualified a household for elite rich status.
    I have two pieces of bad news for the over-$250,000 crowd. First, the reversal of some of the temporary Bush tax cuts is probably inevitable, given the Republican fiscal clown show of the past eight years. Second, I regret to inform you that you are indeed rich.
    To a large degree, feeling rich or poor is a state of mind, as John McCainrecently noted. "Some people are wealthy and rich in their lives and their children and their ability to educate them. Others are poor if they're billionaires." But income data can surely tell us something. And they tell us that $250,000 puts you in pretty fancy company. The Census Bureau earlier this week reported that the median household income was $50,223 in 2007—up slightly from the last year but still below the 1999 peak. So a household that earned $250,000 made five times the median. In fact, as this chart shows, only 2.245 million U.S. households, the top 1.9 percent, had income greater than $250,000 in 2007. (About 20 percent of households make more than $100,000.)
    placeAd2(commercialNode,'bigbox',false,'')document .write('');

In dealing with aggregate nationwide numbers, we should of course take account of the significant differences in the cost of living from state to state. It's obvious that $250,000 doesn't go as far in Santa Barbara, Calif., or Manhattan—or in most places where CNBC viewers, employees, and guests live—as it does in Paducah, Ky. As census data show, state median incomes vary from $65,933 in New Jersey to $35,971 in Mississippi. But even in wealthy states, $250,000 ain't bad—it's nearly four times the median income in wealthy states like Maryland and Connecticut. And even if you look at the wealthiest metropolitan areas—Washington, D.C. ($83,200); San Francisco ($73,851); Boston ($68,142); and New York ($61,554)—$250,000 a year dwarfs the median income.
    But people in Georgetown mansions don't necessarily compare themselves to fellow Washingtonians in Anacostia. Relative income really works at the neighborhood level. As we know from the work of Cornell economist Robert Frank, people rate their well-being not so much based on how much they make and consume, but on how much they make and consume compared to their neighbors. After all, you have to compete with them for status and for important positional goods such as housing and schools. And here the CNBC crowd has a point. It is certainly true that in a few ZIP codes and neighborhoods, brandishing a $250,000 salary is like bringing a knife to a gunfight. There is a significant number of rich people—including a healthy contingent of filthy rich people—in places like New York City and San Francisco. If you want to live in a neighborhood where starter homes cost $1 million, and you want to send your kids to private schools, and you want to go on great vacations and have a beach house, then $250,000 likely won't cut it. For people in this situation, the knowledge that they're doing better than 98 percent of their fellow Americans is little solace when the investment banker down the street has just pulled down a $2 million bonus.
    But the number of places where $250,000 stretches you is small indeed—certain parts of Greenwich, Conn.; several neighborhoods in Manhattan; some of California's coast. Even in the most exclusive communities where the wealthy congregate, $250,000 is still pretty good coin. Consider this: CNNMoney recently ranked America's 25 wealthiest towns. In all of them, someone making $250,000 would have a difficult time buying his dream house. But in all of them, making $250,000 means you're doing better than most of your neighbors. Even in America's richest town, New Canaan, Conn., the median income is $231,138.
    I await the tidal wave of e-mails and blog posts from self-made, hardworking, accomplished people who earn $250,000 but who don't feel financially secure and who don't consider themselves rich, especially compared to the venture capitalist next door. Having spent my entire adult life in and around Washington, Boston, and New York, I feel you. I'm eager to listen and empathize. Tell me all about how home prices in areas with good public schools are insanely expensive. Tell me about how many other seemingly undeserving people make so much more. Tell me about your proposals to devise an income tax system that accounts for geographically divergent costs of living (the Alternative Yuppie Tax?). Just don't tell me you're not rich.

Dang, I would like to earn the medium for middle class!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Barack Obama's tax plan, laid out by advisers Austan Goolsbee and Jason Furman in the Wall Street Journal in mid-August, promises to improve the nation's fiscal standing by scaling back tax cuts for people making more than $250,000. Since then, the business pundit class has been griping that people who make $250,000 a year aren't really wealthy, ...snip...
    Long article, but the short of it is this, the disparity between how far your money will go comes down to taxes and the cost of putting a roof over your head.

I make a pretty good sum of money (over 100K), but I live in California, I simply cannot afford to own a home here, The most I could afford according to the bank is 400K. Well guess what, not too many of those houses out here and when they are on the books, people are buying them up to resell them.

Now, if I were able to make 100K in Missouri? well that is a horse of a different color, but again, it is not because a gallon of milk costs that much less, or even a gallon of gasoline, it is simply the cost of a home.

What is the answer. I don't know, if I did, I would be in public office or something. I would have to say that whatever salary we pay our top elected officials should equal to someone being rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Long article, but the short of it is this, the disparity between how far your money will go comes down to taxes and the cost of putting a roof over your head.

I make a pretty good sum of money (over 100K), but I live in California, I simply cannot afford to own a home here, The most I could afford according to the bank is 400K. Well guess what, not too many of those houses out here and when they are on the books, people are buying them up to resell them.

Now, if I were able to make 100K in Missouri? well that is a horse of a different color, but again, it is not because a gallon of milk costs that much less, or even a gallon of gasoline, it is simply the cost of a home.

What is the answer. I don't know, if I did, I would be in public office or something. I would have to say that whatever salary we pay our top elected officials should equal to someone being rich.
    I agree. I grew up in the SF Bay Area (thus the allegiance to the 49ers). I moved in 2001 because my wife and I with our $150K+ dual income couldn't get into a single family home within 75 miles of our work. Ti was ridiculous. We now live in Phoenix, and we make significantly less (as she is a stay-at-home mom) and we live in a nice 2500 sq foot home that would cost at least $750,000 where I grew up. No we didn't pay even a third of that for our house.

Alas, I personally feel that the only fair solution would be to abolish income tax and institute a national sales tax on all items not called home or food. This would protect the lower and middle income giving them their top costs at no tax expense, while taxing luxurious lifestyles, etc. Oh the proposal has a name, it's called the "FAIR TAX". It doesn't tax you for working and earning, and it gives those who don't earn much a break as their primary expenses wouldn't be taxed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

Im not a expert or anything and dont claim to be as im just a blue collar worker that makes on avg about 43k a yr. I somewhat like the idea of fair tax but i think as a whole, i like the idea of a flat tax (with no loopholes) across the board. IE it doesnt matter how much you make you still pay, lets say, 30%. I know that there is alot of people making money and using the gov to take tax breaks while they do work behind the scenes. Its not fair for those of us that just barely make a living and pay the taxes while others get around it

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Chit NATO a joke.. Anyways for the in tune in crowd who wanna learn things in this world of BS or? . There is a movie out "Where in the world is Osama Bin Laden?" It is supposed to B a comedy-Butt has so many under tones ... You b the judge..

It's from that guy that does "30 Days".
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png