Page 137 of 258 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Yeah if you want 4 more years of this Bush Bull&*^%% It amazes me how so many can be so blind as to how bad that Bush has ruined this country. He has ruined the public image of the US, He has neglected the wars he should be fighting (Afganistan and others) to make a horrible attempt at finishing his daddys war. And by far not the least has taken one of the countrys with the biggest middle class and used it to pad his gas lined pockets. At this point the only ones in the country able to keep their heads above water are Bushes buddies in the Oil Industry. But if your complaining that the price of gas isnt high enough then by all means vote for McCain, we dont need more of the same. Obama Change you can believe in.
    I am sure this is why there is only ONE political discussion on this board, but I believe we can have discourse on any topic and so I am going to.

First, you must understand that McCain is not Bush. I know that is the standard democratic talking point that EVERYONE at the Democratic Convention talked about, but it is NOT true.

Two, I would really like to know how OBama is going to make these "changes" he is so on and on about. Where is his track record of working with people on both sides of the isle to get anything accomplished? For that matter, where is his track record on ANYTHING?

I have been hearing about change and working with others since 1992, maybe even longer. I can tell you that one of the reasons I am not a staunch McCain supporter is that he HAS the skills needed to work with both Democrats and Republicans to get things done. This has earned him the monicker of maverick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief from the North View Post
    So what happens when McCain has a stroke? Then the leader of the free world is a woman who simply has less credentials than anyone else he could have picked. This woman has more moose than people in her state. You really want her in charge? You might as well pick a Canadian ;)
    Not like I really care, but IF I had a vote, it may be for the candidate who is going to improve your image worldwide as well as your economy.
    Just an outsiders view...
    What does hair gell have to do with it? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I am sure this is why there is only ONE political discussion on this board, but I believe we can have discourse on any topic and so I am going to.

First, you must understand that McCain is not Bush. I know that is the standard democratic talking point that EVERYONE at the Democratic Convention talked about, but it is NOT true.

Two, I would really like to know how OBama is going to make these "changes" he is so on and on about. Where is his track record of working with people on both sides of the isle to get anything accomplished? For that matter, where is his track record on ANYTHING?

I have been hearing about change and working with others since 1992, maybe even longer. I can tell you that one of the reasons I am not a staunch McCain supporter is that he HAS the skills needed to work with both Democrats and Republicans to get things done. This has earned him the monicker of maverick.
    I completely agree, the differences between McCain and Bush really are like night and day, he (McCain) is not a strict party line candidate.

Well, I for one can and will say that Palin is the real deal. Obama might wish he picked Hillary...

WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

Makes you wonder why anyone would ever vote Republican, now doesn't it?

Good list Tammie.

I watched the convention this evening. Good speeches by George Bush, Joe Lieberman, and especially Fred Thompson.

I'm looking forward to Sarah Palin's speech tomorrow night. I'm sure it's going to be SOOOOOOO good! She will bring down the house!

McCain/Palin '08

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    WHY I AM VOTING DEMOCRAT

I'm voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I'm voting Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I'm voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday CAN tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I'm voting Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe three or four pointy headed elitist liberals need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would NEVER get their agendas past the voters.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe that when the terrorists don't have to hide from us over there, when they come over here I don't want to have any guns in the house to fight them off with.

I'm voting Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I'm voting Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

Makes you wonder why anyone would ever vote Republican, now doesn't it?
    That is friggin EPIC Tammie. Love it.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Good convention.... all the ads they are showing against Mc Cain merely represent what the senate majority was the cause of.

Ain't nobody takin' my guns. Besides, gay rights and killing babies not for me. I also don't believe my government is there to take care of me. I will take care of myself-thank you. Obama Bin Ladin can kiss my a$$...
    SHUT IT

Wow, just Wow!!!!! McCain picked a winner with Palin, I was very impressed with her acceptation speech!