Page 144 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Seems to me now that McCain's chances are not slim and none, but none and none. The polls are just so much in Obama's favor (not just the general election polls but also for so many states, including ones that usually go Republican like North Carolina, Colorado, and Virginia).

Seems like the troubled economy is McCain's undoing. And I just don't see Obama's supporters changing their minds even if something major and negative comes out about Obama before the election.

Does anyone here think McCain still has at least a small chance?
    Heh, how about this question, does McCain have a better chance of beating Obama then we do of winning the Super Bowl this season?
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 10-10-2008 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Seems to me now that McCain's chances are not slim and none, but none and none. The polls are just so much in Obama's favor (not just the general election polls but also for so many states, including ones that usually go Republican like North Carolina, Colorado, and Virginia).

Seems like the troubled economy is McCain's undoing. And I just don't see Obama's supporters changing their minds even if something major and negative comes out about Obama before the election.

Heh, how about this question, does McCain have a better chance of beating Obama then we do of winning the Super Bowl this season?
    I just hope and pray that the American public doesn't finish off what's left of Capitalism in November.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

McCain isn't done yet.

Just wait for Bin Laden to send out another tape like he did 4 years ago.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Let the Demo's have this mess.. {read where this all comes from}What comes around goes around..What is funny is I had Hill to win for a $100.. Yrs ago/ Cks and balances. When I grow up I could b President..not.. Clintons have kids/Bush has kids/ The circle of life..This is just a hiccuupp..
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

McCain's chances are better than our chances of winning a Super Bowl, but the results look bleak for sure.

The thing to remember is that most of the time these polls tend to favor the democrat before the election, but on election day things are a different story. It happened in 2000 and 2004.

Polls are hard to understand, and it does not take into account that people do lie. Why? I have no idea, but in 2004 there was a study on why the exit polling was so wrong. The number one reason they cited was that they were lied to.

I think a better explanation is that there is no way to completely get a sampling of 30 million voters by calling 5000

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    Let the Demo's have this mess.. {read where this all comes from}What comes around goes around..What is funny is I had Hill to win for a $100.. Yrs ago/ Cks and balances. When I grow up I could b President..not.. Clintons have kids/Bush has kids/ The circle of life..This is just a hiccuupp..
    I might sound a little kooky here, but history has a way of repeating itself. The last time we saw this much of a collapse in the stock market was during the great depression.

I think we should all be preparing ourselves now for soup kitchen lines, because this is likely to be bad no matter who is elected.

I must say I hope McCain wins, Obama scares me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    McCain's chances are better than our chances of winning a Super Bowl, but the results look bleak for sure.

The thing to remember is that most of the time these polls tend to favor the democrat before the election, but on election day things are a different story. It happened in 2000 and 2004.

Polls are hard to understand, and it does not take into account that people do lie. Why? I have no idea, but in 2004 there was a study on why the exit polling was so wrong. The number one reason they cited was that they were lied to.

I think a better explanation is that there is no way to completely get a sampling of 30 million voters by calling 5000
    Here is the 2004 polling. Bush led going in easily.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

I might sound a little kooky here, but history has a way of repeating itself. The last time we saw this much of a collapse in the stock market was during the great depression.

I think we should all be preparing ourselves now for soup kitchen lines, because this is likely to be bad no matter who is elected.
    I can make soup. I also know how to make it last, but explain to my children how or what this all may mean! Sucks! My Senior in High School has no clue. So that brings up the topic of the Dem, and Obama preaching to clueless college students that can vote but do not know crap.

You got it right Vern!

I do have a solution to the problem though... If we concentrate on our state government and make it strong... we could hold this country up (if every state did the same).... seriously make a united effort within each state to be able to survive the next crunch - be it health care, education, housing, the list goes on - this will create and secure jobs. JMO