Page 146 of 258 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Obama is better at speaking but I hope McCain wins. I like the idea of having a spirit-filled vice president, we need to bring Christian values back into the country. Democrats support abortion and unBiblical rights for homosexuals.
    Thanks for yet another ****ty incarnation of yourself timsatt.

God I wish Coach would block access to the site from proxy servers.

Decided you would go ahead and be a ***** this time, that suits you well.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorechiefsfan View Post
    Obama is better at speaking but I hope McCain wins. I like the idea of having a spirit-filled vice president, we need to bring Christian values back into the country. Democrats support abortion and unBiblical rights for homosexuals.
    And for those of us who think the bible is a load of crap? WTF does that have to do with politics?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Just the way its always been IMO. Dems like gays and abortions. Reps like God and guns.
    Dems believe the government should take care of us.
    Reps believe we are capable of taking care of ourselves.
    SHUT IT

I agree with you Bike, except I would say conservatives instead of Republicans. Seems like so many Republicans these days have strayed away from traditional conservative values and are, in effect, Democrat Lite. And that's a key reason why many of McCain's base were not thrilled when he got the GOP nomination. He's deviated from conservatism time and time again. He's still far less liberal than Obama, but he's no solid conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Just the way its always been IMO. Dems like gays and abortions. Reps like God and guns.
    Dems believe the government should take care of us.
    Reps believe we are capable of taking care of ourselves.
    Yep!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    And for those of us who think the bible is a load of crap? WTF does that have to do with politics?
    THose are some of the Democrat's platform. That is politics.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I agree with you Bike, except I would say conservatives instead of Republicans. Seems like so many Republicans these days have strayed away from traditional conservative values and are, in effect, Democrat Lite. And that's a key reason why many of McCain's base were not thrilled when he got the GOP nomination. He's deviated from conservatism time and time again. He's still far less liberal than Obama, but he's no solid conservative.
    I agree 100 percent.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I agree with you, McCain isn't who I would have picked forthe GOP nom.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

Homer was in the fertilized egg business. He had several hundred young layers (hens) called 'pullets,' and 10 roosters to fertilize the eggs. He kept records, and any rooster not performing went into the soup pot and was replaced.

This took a lot of time, so he bought some tiny bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone, so he could tell from a ding how each rooster was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report by just listening to the bells.

Homer's favorite rooster, old Butch, was a very fine specimen, but one morning he noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! When he went to investigate, he saw the other roosters were busy chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing, but the pullets, hearing the roosters coming, could run for cover.

To Homer's amazement, old Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one. Homer was so proud of old Butch, he entered him in the County Fair and he became an overnight sensation among the judges.

The result was the judges not only awarded old Butch the No-Bell Piece Prize, but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well.

Clearly old Butch was a politician in the making. Who else but a politician could figure out how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying attention. Vote carefully this year...the bells are not always audible.

If Obama wins it's just bad news for the military. I agree with McCain's Iraq policy, stay until it's finished and the Iraqi Government can stand alone. If we leave now like Obama wants so badly, a new generation of Terrorists will be born because America will have failed a second time (Gulf War) to uphold a promise to the people of Iraq. I don't care where you're from or what your beliefs are, that's just not right.