Page 157 of 258 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    No I will be the cold hard American that tells mexico and all the sweat shop Nations to give our damned jobs back! We need to take care of America before we take care of the world minus a tragedy!
    WORD.

We should have just listened to Ben Franklin, and kept to ourselves.

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I have never seen more Senators express discontent with their jobs....I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices in doing something terrible and unforgivable to our wonderful country. Deep down in our heart, we know that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected."

- John Danforth (R-Mo)

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created."

"The financial system has been turned over to the Federal Reserve Board. That Board asministers the finance system by authority of a purely profiteering group. The system is Private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money"

- Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., 1923

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world--no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men."

- President Woodrow Wilson
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

You DO know what Lincoln was about to do before he got assassinated, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    You DO know what Lincoln was about to do before he got assassinated, yes?
    Enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Ugh...as an AZ resident, I'll respectfully disagree. McCain is the worst candidate.
    Motion is seconded, and passes with a Majority Vote.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    Enlighten me.

He was going to withdraw the US from the Fed, and start printing currency.

BANG!

Buh-Bye...

He was going to withdraw the US from the Fed, and start printing currency.

BANG!

Buh-Bye...
    Yeah, that's what I though. Just making sure we were on the same page.

There's something I was wondering. Maybe some of you can give some insight on it. You know how from time to time we hear of Bill and Hillary campaigning with and/or for Obama? Well why doesn't any of the GOP candidates like Mitt Romney and Rudy Guiliani campaign on behalf of John McCain? I would think that would be a boost for McCain, especially from Romney having the economy as his strong suit. And why aren't there any other of the Democrat candidates campaigning for Obama like Kuchinich, Dodd, etc. (I know why John Edwards isn't campaigning for him!).

You never hear anything from these former candidates anymore. Just the Clintons. The only thing I can think of is that it might require spending their own money to campaign and travel for the presidential candidates. But if that's the case then why do the Clintons consider it in their best interests to campaign for Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    There's something I was wondering. Maybe some of you can give some insight on it. You know how from time to time we hear of Bill and Hillary campaigning with and/or for Obama? Well why doesn't any of the GOP candidates like Mitt Romney and Rudy Guiliani campaign on behalf of John McCain?
    Outside of the Conventions, many elected Officials are working on their OWN campaigns, or backing their replacements. Congress is where the majority of the power lies, and it's also where you make your money. If you're chosen to be a part of Committees that wield significant, and Nation-Shaping, Economic-Shaping power and influence, just open your wallet and let the tide roll in.

I would think that would be a boost for McCain, especially from Romney having the economy as his strong suit. And why aren't there any other of the Democrat candidates campaigning for Obama like Kuchinich, Dodd, etc. (I know why John Edwards isn't campaigning for him!).

At this stage in the game, absolute and reliable control must be maintained. Any slip-up's, flubs, or unintentional mistakes by a supporter or political colleague can spell disaster to a candidate, even if they lead by a wide margin.

You never hear anything from these former candidates anymore. Just the Clintons. The only thing I can think of is that it might require spending their own money to campaign and travel for the presidential candidates. But if that's the case then why do the Clintons consider it in their best interests to campaign for Obama?
    The Clinton's have a vested interest in seeing Obama elected to Office. Bill is working on his last policy-oriented, and world-wide initiative. Obama will give him the support he needs in the US.
    Hillary has proven that she can compete for the Party Nomination against the most gifted candidate the DNC has had since Kennedy, and she want's to be Obama's eventual successor.

Motion is seconded, and passes with a Majority Vote.
    I agree but we got him. He does believes in the sanctity of life.
    Does anyone here know that Obama is for the partial birth abortion. And... what about the saline solution abortions, when the babies survive they are just thrown into the trashcan to die? Is that right? McCain/Palin believe its not right.
    THAT is why I am voting for the McCain/Palin ticket.
    I love life and can't be for anyone that feels a baby's life is worth nothing.
    Last edited by hardcorechiefsfan; 10-24-2008 at 08:44 PM.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>