Page 16 of 258 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Edwards is killing himself.

I'm all for stopping global warming and decreasing pollution, but we have no choice but to continue to use coal. Especially with the price of oil skyrocketing as it is.

It will take much too long to build more nuclear plants to match the rise in energy needs.

Environmental issues aren't gonna do it for you John.
    He will just tax us to death.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Taxes get raised by both parties, regardless of the candidate.

The difference is the Reps do it and we have a worse and worse deficit.

I'm not a Dem, but at least our kids won't be paying for our stupidity, only making their own problems to deal with.

With the partisanship, and pork spending being endemic in D.C. it is more important to at least balance our budget with whoever is raising taxes.

Good point though, Guru!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Taxes get raised by both parties, regardless of the candidate.

The difference is the Reps do it and we have a worse and worse deficit.

I'm not a Dem, but at least our kids won't be paying for our stupidity, only making their own problems to deal with.

With the partisanship, and pork spending being endemic in D.C. it is more important to at least balance our budget with whoever is raising taxes.

Good point though, Guru!
    AGreed. They both do it. The dems are just more underhanded about it. "When you elect me, I will do wonderous things to help all americans!"

at your expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    AGreed. They both do it. The dems are just more underhanded about it. "When you elect me, I will do wonderous things to help all americans!"

at your expense.

Sounds like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

"If you elect me, your wildest dreams will come true."

Personally, I have had better economic prosperity while a democrat was in office, than a republican.

Granted I'm only 36 and there have only been 2 presidents since I've been employed as an adult (had menial jobs from 17 to 20, then military the first 4 years of Clinton), so I am more inclined to believe the economy is more prosperous with better fiscal management.

This is a critical election, as we are trying to throw down the status quo and make a real difference.

Unfortunately the pool to choose from is, to put it mildly, less than stellar.
    Last edited by hermhater; 01-15-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Sounds like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

"If you elect me, your wildest dreams will come true."

Personally, I have had better economic prosperity while a democrat was in office, than a republican.

Granted I'm only 36 and there have only been 2 presidents since I've been employed as an adult (had menial jobs from 17 to 20, then military the first 4 years of Clinton), so I am more inclined to believe the economy is more prosperous with better fiscal management.

This is a critical election, as we are trying to throw down the status quo and make a real difference.

Unfortunately the pool to choose from is, to put it mildly, less than stellar.
    We have had the opposite experience. We have done very well with a rep in the lead. We are only middle class too.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    We have had the opposite experience. We have done very well with a rep in the lead. We are only middle class too.
    Interesting, as I remember my father saying the same thing while being very young (during the Carter administration) about Nixon.

I will concede that times are changing faster than ever with the advent of new technologies, and the global market opening at unprecedented speed.

It seems like there might not be time for a "sleeper" to enter the race, as the primaries are underway, and the only hope is for someone famous to enter to gain recognition.

I guess what I am trying to say is the economy (including, but not limited to, the deficit) is my biggest concern for the future.

Followed by the environmental issues (which are irrelevant because of China, India etc...).

It just seems the reps just don't give a damn about anything except scaring the American public.

I wonder how the economy will be doing after this election.

Couldn't get much worse.

With the housing slump, and the modest tech growth what does the country have to look forward to?

Perhaps we can become China's biatch and do what they tell us to.

It would be nice to have a military that is not bogged down, and could protect us if something global (or domestic) should happen.

Seeing how the current administration is unaware, unresponsive etc... to the current status of world events is shocking.

Bush acted like he was SURPRISED about the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians during his visit to Israel (it's only been happening since Israel was given it's state).

The closer it gets to the next election, the more I get pissed off.

Since it is historically accurate that an incumbent realizes aspirations for elections, I am worried that someone from the reps side will win the election.

Sad to see the United States is headed the same way as the Chiefs.

This is getting old on both fronts.

I sure wish there was more concern from citizens, as well as Chiefs fans, on the current state of the Union/franchise.

Draw your own conclusions from this post, but I think you get the idea.
    Last edited by hermhater; 01-15-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Ron Paul, FTW!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

My favorite political talk show hosts:

(1) Mike Gallagher
    (2) Steve Malzberg
    (3) Mark Levin
    (4) Bob Grant
    (5) Neal Boortz (he writes a FANTASTIC daily blog on his site)

Fred Thompson is the only candidate I like to any degree. I like Duncan Hunter okay but he's not a frontrunner.

I do have to say Mike Huckabee has inspired me in one way: He lost 110 pounds rapidly! So now I'm on fire this month in reducing the pounds.

I guess tonight is between McCain and Romney for Michigan. I don't like either one. But McCain is the pits. So go Romney, I guess.

The Dems apparently don't have a Michigan vote today (or something like the delegates won't count because Michigan is in violation of moving the date earlier). In any case, go Obama or Edwards. I don't like them but Hillary is so much worse.

Ah phooey, bottomline is poilitics is a mess, a dirty business, lies galore, a license to steal, and can only be won these days by people with $$$$$$$$$. Both parties suck. We need a viable third party but problem is once in Washington they would likely get caught up in the power and corruption too.

Canadian making waves in American Politics

AP - A new candidate has thrown his hat into the American Political ring. Coming from the Great White North this candidate is puttin the political world on its ear with campaign promises such as Cold Beer flowing from evey household sink and Make Chiefs Sundays a National Holiday. He has even gone as far as promising to replace Herm Edwards and Carl Petersen as leaders of the Chiefs and replace them with members of the Chiefs Crowd community. (an online Chiefs website that totally kicks ***) How do lthe other candidates in the election feel about this? Most have dropped out of the race claiming that Canada is way to tall and handsome for them to compete. On election day vote Canada.

This advertisement is paid for by the empty beer bottles returned by Canada!!
    Last edited by Canada; 01-15-2008 at 07:25 PM.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.