Page 175 of 258 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Ok darth - your pic won...

I will pray for him and support him as the President.... unless he lets us down. I don't want to hear from you who you think has let you down in the past.... as I am sure you live a decent life. We are very spoiled in this country and have access to everything at our finger tips. I cannot stand the fact that this country has so many people that believe that we have it so rough..... Life is pretty damn good for us here... has been for a long time. I hope THAT does not CHANGE.
    Thank you.
    I don't look at this as "my guy won". You bring up a very valid point about having it good in America, and it leads back directly to why I voted not just for Barack Obama, but why I voted Democrat across the board.
    When we as Country are rolling high and living fat, there's a tendency to start nit-picking at a thousand little things and pet issues that the organizations behind them are more than happy to push on Americans ad-nausem.
    It's the old "solve the problem, and you put the "business-side" of the problem out of business". And a lot of these issues are personal and have no place in Government to begin with.
    But the advocates and lobbyists fan the flames, get everybody riled-up, and all of a sudden, a public servant or an organization that has HELPED and/or CREATED the current "We're rollin' FAT, America"-situation, is now a pariah whose previous good service and contributions no longer matter.
    There are outside influences that shape this Country and the world too. But the reason they succeed in America more often than not, is because our greatest weakness is that we are comprised, by and large, of a people that simply DO NOT KNOW how to live and let live.
    More often than not, we make it so easy for these puppet-masters.

I'm a firm believer now more than ever that if there is an issue or cause that you believe in and other people don't, it is YOUR responsibility to advocate said issue face to face, person to person, with your fellow Countrymen. If you turn it over to someone else, if you abdicate your own PERSONAL power to a tax-free "institution" or group; you've already lost.
    And America will suffer because the Government becomes more clogged, and less time is spent focusing on the basic needs, principles and practices that keep the wheels from falling off of the wagon.
    I would like to think that the American people have learned their lesson regarding all of this in the last eight years, but I know better.
    The pendulum will continue to swing, the transfer of power will continue to be the only REAL checks and balances, and Americans will forget with each new generation that comes along.
    Last edited by Darth CarlSatan; 11-07-2008 at 11:24 PM.

Who won?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Who won?
    Specifically? Obama.

Hopefully? The Country.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    Ok darth - your pic won...

I will pray for him and support him as the President.... unless he lets us down. I don't want to hear from you who you think has let you down in the past.... as I am sure you live a decent life. We are very spoiled in this country and have access to everything at our finger tips. I cannot stand the fact that this country has so many people that believe that we have it so rough..... Life is pretty damn good for us here... has been for a long time. I hope THAT does not CHANGE.
    We don't all have it as easy as you think. I have spent most of my life in a far less favorable situation than you are looking at.

Just because you have it good, doesn't mean that everyone does. I am not talking about my current situation, as I am improving greatly. But to diminish the struggles of everyone else may be viewed as being very obtuse.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    We don't all have it as easy as you think. I have spent most of my life in a far less favorable situation than you are looking at.

Just because you have it good, doesn't mean that everyone does. I am not talking about my current situation, as I am improving greatly. But to diminish the struggles of everyone else may be viewed as being very obtuse.
    Maybe you should stop supporting all those $74 million football players, or stop complaining about it.

Wise advice from a good frined of mine!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Maybe you should stop supporting all those $74 million football players, or stop complaining about it.

Wise advice from a good frined of mine!!
    Great advice. But I wasn't complaining. And I am not your frined!!! I haven't looked that word up yet.

Great advice. But I wasn't complaining. And I am not your frined!!! I haven't looked that word up yet.
    aww crap....here come the grammar police

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6ulR88fJLIA"]YouTube - Keystone Cop[/ame]

You need to go visit some other countries. You may have had it rough, but at least you have the ability, and the resources to fix that.

Ever wonder why people are always fleeing their country to come to the US. The are leaving everything they ever are for that same chance.

It can get worse. I am just not sure the President has that much power to sway it either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You need to go visit some other countries. You may have had it rough, but at least you have the ability, and the resources to fix that.

Ever wonder why people are always fleeing their country to come to the US. The are leaving everything they ever are for that same chance.

It can get worse. I am just not sure the President has that much power to sway it either way.
    I certainly didn't say that noone has had it tougher, But that doesn't make life here easy for all.

Just as you belittle the situation that I had, and that others here have, one could say the same for the people that you bring to the discussion. "They should stop whining. Some people have died young. Now that's tough."

And, a president really can't do much. Unless he has a congress that backs him up. With a democratic senate, finally partnered with a democratic president, they will be able to get things done. But, is the damage too far gone, and will what the Dems do help, or make things worse?

It looks like Christianity is a dead horse in this country.
    It will always be impossible to separate politics and religion as long as the Democratic party supports gay rights and abortion.
    Lets just cancel Christmas this year. No need to celebrate the birth of Christ when we have Obama to lead us to the promise land. Just think - no Christmas lights to hang, no long lines at the stores, no children opening presents under the Christmas tree.
    JMHO.
    SHUT IT