Page 177 of 258 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Oops I thought I was posting in the ONLY political thread because I saw some posts about Bush and Obama. Sorry about that, mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    HAHAHAH over two hundred years ago they financed the American Revolution. I also seem to remember we returned that favor when we bailed out their asses in World War 2.

ahem...that was Canada...vimy Ridge. Look it up!

Tell me, what about Holland today makes them so great other than legalized drugs and prostitution?

The beer.

Are they a super power? Do they manufacture a lot of goods that the world cannot do without?

Legal drugs and prostitution!! ...and beer.

Are there people all over the world trying to immigrate to Holland? Do they have 18 million people in their country illegally?

No, its harder to get into Holland than it is the US!

Yeah, they have their **** together alright, at least until the next Hitler comes walking over them again and they come screaming to the US and NATO allies to bail them out.

Just call Canada!

I don't have any animosity towards Holland in particular, I think it is a much greater country than France for instance. I just don't think any country the size of the state of Maryland is a good candidate to compare Governments with.
    I would be careful before comparing a country like the US against a country like Holland. Check out some stats on Healthcare, Homelessness, unemployment, quality of living, Urban overcrowding. Making war does not make you the best country.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I'm a conservative, but it is interesting how lately we've had bad presdients and keep seesawing between the 2 parties. 8 years of Clinton and all the corruption, and the country wants "change" to the other party. Then 8 years of Bush and the country wants "change" to the other party. After 8 years of Obama's Jimmy Carter like incompetence, the country will be ready to "change" back to the Republicans. The 2 party system has now in effect amounted to continual "changing" back and forth with the result that nothing gets better and the mess gets worse.

Ronald Reagan - the last great president. Maybe forever.
    Yes, let's be sure to jump right in call and Obama's Term a bust before he even takes Office; your Nostradomic powers are just mind-boggling.

And lets see...
    1) High Gas Prices

2) Jihad in the Mid-East directed right at America and it's allies,
    and
    3) The economy squarely in the sh*tter.

Sounds to me like Jimmy Carter is ALREADY in the White House!
    Good thing he's cleaning his desk out as we speak, yes?

Sorry, Vimy ridge was WW1, Dieppe is where Canada kicked a$$ is WW2
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would be careful before comparing a country like the US against a country like Holland. Check out some stats on Healthcare, Homelessness, unemployment, quality of living, Urban overcrowding. Making war does not make you the best country.
    That was my point. You could also consider the fact that they are not as ethnically diverse as we are, they clearly do not have the land mass that we do. Their problems are unique to their size, where America's problems are unique to our size. It would be a better, more direct comparison to compare us with China or Russia in sheer size and population.

When you do that... we don't look so bad now do we?

That was my point. You could also consider the fact that they are not as ethnically diverse as we are, they clearly do not have the land mass that we do. Their problems are unique to their size, where America's problems are unique to our size. It would be a better, more direct comparison to compare us with China or Russia in sheer size and population.

Yeah, but compared to Canada you suck!!

I have been told the reason it is so windy on the Great Lakes is because Canada sucks, now you are trying to tell me different?

I have been told the reason it is so windy on the Great Lakes is because Canada sucks, now you are trying to tell me different?

I was talking about Canada the guy not the country. No need to be insulting.

No, they're NOT a Superpower; they're self-contained, self supporting Country and Society that knows how to live and let live, as well as how to mind their own f*cking business!

In short; ideal.

But we are warmer than you, so you suck!!!