Page 183 of 258 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan View Post
    I want my own compound too!
    So, since people seem to want to discuss politics, then lets do it in the right location.

By the way, Obama really is stinking up the place, he had no business being elected to President and people are starting to wake up to that fact now.

There, the gauntlet is lying right there!!!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

WTF is he waiting for in afghan???? kids are dying. this could be another nam !!!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    So, since people seem to want to discuss politics, then lets do it in the right location.

By the way, Obama really is stinking up the place, he had no business being elected to President and people are starting to wake up to that fact now.

There, the gauntlet is lying right there!!!
    I call BS on that one Vern. At least Obama is trying to work on some issues that have been plaguing our country. Unlike our last president (who i stupidly voted for) that did absolutely nothing for us in his last term.

Cash for Clunkers- Big Plus
    At least working on a health care reform bill- Big Plus
    Increasing unemployment benefits and adding emergency extension- Huge plus.

Now those things were accomplished in less than a year in office, can you name me a few equal things that Bush did in a year? Doubt it.

Can you tell me what John McCain would be doing differently and better right now if he were elected?

There, The gauntlet continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    Cash for Clunkers- Big Plus.
    Not really. It worked for a couple of months (before the money ran out) and what has it done. Car makers are back to where they were before, many of them had to wait a long time to get paid for the cars and I am still not sure all of them got their money still.

Additionally, people are now getting those cars repossessed. I was talking to a tow truck driver friend of mine the other day and he says he gets on average 5 calls per day to repossess brand new cars that were bought during cash for clunkers.

Funny, people who did not have car payments before, and did not have to carry full coverage insurance before went out an bought new cars that now have to have a 50% increase in insurance costs and a car payment they did not have before. Really smart!

He's not doing crap with that, going out and talking about it, but he has not picked up a pencil on it. The entire thing has been written by congress and the senate, he has not really even come out and said what he wants in it, just goes out and tries to sell something that is not even complete yet. And we all better hope it does not pass!

Bush did this multiple times, I am not here to defend Bush, but every president who has been in difficult economic times in recent years has done this. Nothing special here, in fact it is so common as to be expected.

The guantlet has been officially left lying in the original place!

Not really. It worked for a couple of months (before the money ran out) and what has it done. Car makers are back to where they were before, many of them had to wait a long time to get paid for the cars and I am still not sure all of them got their money still.

Additionally, people are now getting those cars repossessed. I was talking to a tow truck driver friend of mine the other day and he says he gets on average 5 calls per day to repossess brand new cars that were bought during cash for clunkers.

Funny, people who did not have car payments before, and did not have to carry full coverage insurance before went out an bought new cars that now have to have a 50% increase in insurance costs and a car payment they did not have before. Really smart!
    So with that mind frame, then you must think the new home owners tax credit is a waste too???

It gets people into new houses for the first time and they actually have to make payments! Shocking!

Listen, It is still and will always be the responsibility of the consumer to make sure they can afford a product or not. Just because they can buy something at a discounted price, does not mean that every tom, dick, and sally is going to run out and buy one.

I am a huge supporter of Cash for Clunkers as I think it has helped in a wide variety of circumstances:

Car dealerships seen a big boom in car sales

Made newer cars a little bit more affordable for the typical car buyer

And, it also helped in getting some more fuel efficient vehicles on the road.

I really don't see the downside to this program, you can argue about people not paying their bills all you want, but the truth is THAT'S ALL ON THEM, nobody forced them to buy something that they couldn't afford.

So with that mind frame, then you must think the new home owners tax credit is a waste too???

It gets people into new houses for the first time and they actually have to make payments! Shocking!
    Actually, it is not a bad idea except for the fact that it is doing THE VERY THING THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Seriously, it helps people who SHOULD NOT BE BUYING houses, get into a house with less money down. The very thing that got us where we are today.

There are also plans to allow banks to loan money for the 3% downpayment that is required, once again allowing buyers to get into a house with completely NO MONEY DOWN. This is stupid.

Listen, It is still and will always be the responsibility of the consumer to make sure they can afford a product or not. Just because they can buy something at a discounted price, does not mean that every tom, dick, and sally is going to run out and buy one.
    This is entirely the point though, Cash for Clunkers is turning into the same problem we had before with the housing crisis. Just with less money and the fact that the mortgage companies are not going to lose as much on it since the vehicle depreciation was covered by the clunkers program.

I am a huge supporter of Cash for Clunkers as I think it has helped in a wide variety of circumstances:

Car dealerships seen a big boom in car sales

Made newer cars a little bit more affordable for the typical car buyer

And, it also helped in getting some more fuel efficient vehicles on the road.

I really don't see the downside to this program, you can argue about people not paying their bills all you want, but the truth is THAT'S ALL ON THEM, nobody forced them to buy something that they couldn't afford.
    No, here is where you are very very wrong. It is all on the loan company that gave them the money. It is good the repossessions are happening now since the price of the car has not depreciated so much where the loan company cannot get most of it back, but in a couple more months this is no longer the case.

Who will be asked to help out once again when these loan companies have to get an infusion of cash? All of us, so once again, we are bailing out the stupid people who spent over their ability to pay. This is not smart fiscal sense.

It would have all been better had we just given 50 billion to the car companies and left it at that. Oh, wait, we did that too.

I call BS on that one Vern. At least Obama is trying to work on some issues that have been plaguing our country. Unlike our last president (who i stupidly voted for) that did absolutely nothing for us in his last term.

Cash for Clunkers- Big Plus

Now those things were accomplished in less than a year in office, can you name me a few equal things that Bush did in a year? Doubt it.

Can you tell me what John McCain would be doing differently and better right now if he were elected?

There, The gauntlet continues.
    Cash for Clunkers- IOU

At least working on a health care reform bill - that not even the liberals want. he had the $$$ to fix in Jan. chose instead to blow that on stim pack. deathcare fails sharks come crusin'

Increasing unemployment benefits and adding emergency extension - unempolyment almost at 10%. now worst in 38 years. stim pack??? EPIC FAIL

unprecedented - over 2 trillion of taxpayers $$$ (yours) blown in less the 8 mons. 10 trillion projected. did Bush top this??? didn't think so.

DC madam wants another stim pack why

she also want illegals legal to vote for her brown shirts.

foreign policy - there is none. he's murdering kids every day in afghan

short version. want long???

you helped make this f***kin' sandwich so opn wide your gonna eat it !!!
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

repost

Actually, it is not a bad idea except for the fact that it is doing THE VERY THING THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Seriously, it helps people who SHOULD NOT BE BUYING houses, get into a house with less money down. The very thing that got us where we are today.

There are also plans to allow banks to loan money for the 3% downpayment that is required, once again allowing buyers to get into a house with completely NO MONEY DOWN. This is stupid.
    I have to respectfully disagree greatly with this point your making. Lets take a look at my case, and some buddies of mine that have received the first time home buyers tax credit.

I am paying $600 a month rent right now, and have been for several years. When i buy a house next year, the first time buyers loan is going to allow me to actually own my own home, without having as much down, and actually have cheaper payment than what i am paying for rent. I can easily afford the $450 home payment that i am looking at, so how is this bad?

My buddies were in the same situation, wasting all their money on rent for years, and last year they all started buying their own homes, and actually have more cash in their pocket since their payments are generally lower than what they were paying for rent.

Yes their are people that do not pay their bills, and yes their always will be. But once again this is the responsibility of the consumer.

with frank and Acorn running the housing market its all gonna blow up agin !!