Page 185 of 258 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Technology has and what this country and our future is about.

You say older = wiser and more intelligent, BUT yet he can't figure out how to send an email. Maybe he can send the lil birdy out with his message.

Thats whats wrong with this country. So many OLD people running it who think just because they're older they are wiser and more intelligent. Which is COMPLETELY false. Age means NOTHING these days. I meet hundreds of thousands of people a year in my profession and normally the least intelligent are the "older" people. Nor saying I don't meet some dumba$$ younger people.

Most older people still feel their ways 30-40 years ago are better and that all this new age stuff is useless. This world has advanced dramatically in the last 20 years, and if you don't keep up with it, you're gonna be left behind.

As I said, I'm not a fan of Obama or McCain but I felt Obama was the better choice. It was either Obama, who is at least up to date with whats going on in todays world or McCain who is still living out the 60s and is another Bush.

Oh and your arguement about we should believe stuff cuz our teachers said so. Well who do you think taught those teachers to teach us that stuff. Your so-called older, wiser, and more intelligent people.

Yet I was the young and stupid 2nd grader asking the teacher questions like, well how did Columbus "discover" America if there were already people here. Yup, us "young" people know nothing. haha
    Obama, who is at least up to date with whats going on in todays world
    indeed he is. in all 57 states
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    indeed he is. in all 57 states
    Nice! Hopefully he'll find his birth certificate in one of those 57 states!!
    SHUT IT

I am sick of this argument that it is all the consumers fault for all the bailouts. It's governments fault for creating all the "opportunities for these people to take advantage of a situation our kids, OUR KIDS, will have to pay for now. Am I upset with these idiot consumers? Hell yes I am. I am more pissed at our government leaders for forcing these financial institutions to take on loans they knew would get defaulted on.

I don't have all the numbers but the cash for clunkers was one of the biggest failures in that it cost more to implement than it saved for the long haul. Something to the tune of 44 million dollars. Yeah, I know, just a drop in the bucket right? We have millions of drops in the bucket though. How does that add up?

Was McCain worth a crap. No. Definitely not. But don't sit here and preach what a success Obama is. He hasn't done anything positive yet. Hell, he hasn't done anything except talk.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Yep I love a this stinky paperwork that comes from, to hell with it! Why bother posting here? I would just get suck in and post something about some view that I should not do and then Chiefster will scold me, for using redneck speack, and then the rednecks will stir a storm, then the the will be a big battle aboot a catfish that we all katched but mine is bigger, then we drag out the billfolds to prove it, then we we will have themthear naysayers, and them yes sure we will folks just stir uper things, then we willls bee in ibleatella to type because of p0uter peys being in the correct position, but fingers noty. So I hate this thread, and bama HAS

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    I am sick of this argument that it is all the consumers fault for all the bailouts. It's governments fault for creating all the "opportunities for these people to take advantage of a situation our kids, OUR KIDS, will have to pay for now. Am I upset with these idiot consumers? Hell yes I am. I am more pissed at our government leaders for forcing these financial institutions to take on loans they knew would get defaulted on.

I don't have all the numbers but the cash for clunkers was one of the biggest failures in that it cost more to implement than it saved for the long haul. Something to the tune of 44 million dollars. Yeah, I know, just a drop in the bucket right? We have millions of drops in the bucket though. How does that add up?

Was McCain worth a crap. No. Definitely not. But don't sit here and preach what a success Obama is. He hasn't done anything positive yet. Hell, he hasn't done anything except talk.
    Exactly! Typed the words right off my keyboard.

I have not been to a doctor but once in the past 30 years.

I have had my shoulder crushed, my foot and ankle shattered, and probably broken my back, amongst various smaller injuries, and illnesses.

The one time I did go, was to a hospital that was located across the street from where I was fishing after midnight.

A hook got stuck into my finger when a larger fish jerked during hook retrieval. It went in one side, and out the other, with the barb keeping me from backing it out, and the eye keeping me from pushing it on through.

My plyers weren't in my tackle box, and nothing nearby was open, except for the hospital.

Now, at the hospital, they make me fill out a bunch of forms, then allow me to borrow some plyers, so I can chop the hook and pull it on through myself.

$400.00.

That's exactly why I, and millions of other Americans, don't seek medical care, and will die of something that was treatable, alone in our homes.

$400 to borrow a hand tool.

The current healthcare system is a disgrace.

Every American deserves a chance to buy a car, a home and to get treated for medical issues.

Even the people that I think are the absolute scum of the entire planet deserve these things.

Socialize medicine? F*** YES!!!!

Does that scare you? How about this one?... Socialized libraries!!! Oooooo.

Socialized education!!! HEAVEN HELP US!!!!!

I know what is really really scary. And I mean this is absolutley terrifying...

Socialized police!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Man, it could get even worse, still..

Socialized military. I don't think that there is anything scarier than that.

Death panels? Really? That is the big bash on the whole thing?

We already have death panels. But the current death panels choose who lives or dies, based, in part, on net-worth.

The ever so scary 'government death panel' would determine who gets free healthcare (<< Key term there.) based on logical conditions, like amount of life likely to be gained from $XXX of treatment.

Now, let us look at the 'key term' I pointed out...

Is it really even a 'government death panel'? I mean, if the decision being made by the panel is just rather or not to give the subject free healthcare, then is that an instant death sentence?

NO!!!!!

We have socialized Libraries. But can't you buy other books and information, if you have the money?

We have socialized education. But can't you also get higher education, or even private education, if you have the money?

Police? Can't you hire non-socialized security?

Military? Haliburton, anyone?

'Socialized medicine' in not 'completely socialized medicine'. As with anything that is socialized, there are other options.

The one major factor to it is that every American, regardless of their level of stupidity, spite, or greed, is entitled to healthcare. As they damn well should be.

Why should my tax dollars pay health insurance for some fat slob stuffing tacos and cigarettes down his throat all day long? Health insurance is not a right. Should the government provide your homeowners insurance also? How 'bout life insurance? Auto insurance? Heres a thought. Lets just do away with currency and credit. Just walk into your favorite store, grab what you need, and take it home - free!
    I'm not sayin' the health insurance industry isn't screwed up - it is and needs overhauled. But a gov't takeover? Buy the insurance your lifestyle deems necessary. Its called personal responsibility. Its truely unfortunate so many people need the gov't to take care of them...
    SHUT IT

Healthcare is free in Canada!! :p
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Why should my tax dollars pay health insurance for some fat slob stuffing tacos and cigarettes down his throat all day long? Health insurance is not a right. Should the government provide your homeowners insurance also? How 'bout life insurance? Auto insurance? Heres a thought. Lets just do away with currency and credit. Just walk into your favorite store, grab what you need, and take it home - free!
    I'm not sayin' the health insurance industry isn't screwed up - it is and needs overhauled. But a gov't takeover? Buy the insurance your lifestyle deems necessary. Its called personal responsibility. Its truely unfortunate so many people need the gov't to take care of them...
    What about a kid whose parents work for min wage and cant afford insurance. That kid dosent deserve help?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Fo Shizzle Dizzle Yo!