Page 187 of 244 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2438

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd


    0 Not allowed!
    Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary



    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.






    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html







    Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #1861
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    Swine Flu IS Considered an "Emergency"

    link
    did u read that article or just the title?

    "current events constitute a public health emergency of international concern."

    It does not say go running to your local ER. It is an emergency for public health, not an individual who gets the flu. It is that type of mass hysteria that causes the overcrowding problems in the first place. Did u go to the ER for the flu 30 years ago? The information age is dangerous sometimes. Too much info not enough common sense.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  3. #1862
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    did u read that article or just the title?

    "current events constitute a public health emergency of international concern."

    It does not say go running to your local ER. It is an emergency for public health, not an individual who gets the flu. It is that type of mass hysteria that causes the overcrowding problems in the first place. Did u go to the ER for the flu 30 years ago? The information age is dangerous sometimes. Too much info not enough common sense.
    sorry pal. i can't buy you being a paramedic at all. your saying the swine and H1N1 are no worse than the common cold. Clinics ARE referral. my doc told me if i have flu sysmptom DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC GO TO THE ER !!!!!
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  4. #1863
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    sorry pal. i can't buy you being a paramedic at all. your saying the swine and H1N1 are no worse than the common cold. Clinics ARE referral. my doc told me if i have flu sysmptom DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC GO TO THE ER !!!!!
    1. I guess Im not a paramedic if u dont buy it. I can go home now. Thanks

    2. I never said that H1N1 are no worse than a cold...u said that.

    3. is your doctor in Canada or are you telling me how things work in the US?

    I guess if you don't know about these things we no longer need to continue this conversation. Nice talkin to you again KCChris.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  5. #1864
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    1. I guess Im not a paramedic if u dont buy it. I can go home now. Thanks

    2. I never said that H1N1 are no worse than a cold...u said that.

    3. is your doctor in Canada or are you telling me how things work in the US?

    I guess if you don't know about these things we no longer need to continue this conversation. Nice talkin to you again KCChris.
    im talking about the the US. we have the capacity. you don't. you said the flu is a non emergency, not me. maybe when you start pickin up the dead from their homes you'll understand. have a nice evening
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  6. #1865
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    im talking about the the US. we have the capacity. you don't. you said the flu is a non emergency, not me. maybe when you start pickin up the dead from their homes you'll understand. have a nice evening
    Seems odd since this was a discussion about the Canadian healthcare system.

    As far as the "capacity"...you have it because you only treat the ones who have the $$$. Great system.

    As far as dying in their homes...go to a f**kin' doctors office. Why is that so hard for you to grasp. See a family doctor as opposed to an ER physician.


    BTW...remember last year...it was the bird flu. There is a new strain of flu every year. Yet this year you think we all need to pack the ERs full of people with the flu. Great idea as long as you have the $$$
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #1866
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,841
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Nice! Hopefully he'll find his birth certificate in one of those 57 states!!
    He will...he's working on making Kenya and Indonesia states to cover all the theories...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  8. #1867
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,393
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 60
    Given: 61

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I have been involved with planning for the pandemic bird flu that is coming, this was when I was still the Director of Emergency Management Agency for my county in Nebraska, the h1n1 flu is not that big of issue, it came around in the late 70's, This is basically the same strain as that one was. I have had two of my daughters get sick with it. They are both fine now. It is the flu. If your going to die from it, you would probably die from any strain of flu. The only thing the ER can do for flu, is charge you a lot of money, to do the same thing you can do at home. Wiski Girl got the h1n1, swine flu, the doctor perscribed tamiflu for her family at a cost of $260. She should have just bought a bottle of black berry brandy. If you have the flu, stay home. Sure if you are deathly sick, go to the ER, be put in to the hospital and plug in some IV's to move fluids threw you to flush the bug out.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 10-21-2009 at 01:41 AM.

  9. #1868
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Seems odd since this was a discussion about the Canadian healthcare system.

    As far as the "capacity"...you have it because you only treat the ones who have the $$$. Great system.

    As far as dying in their homes...go to a f**kin' doctors office. Why is that so hard for you to grasp. See a family doctor as opposed to an ER physician.


    BTW...remember last year...it was the bird flu. There is a new strain of flu every year. Yet this year you think we all need to pack the ERs full of people with the flu. Great idea as long as you have the $$$
    $$$ have nothing to do with it. Hospitals here admit those without insurance.

    lets just agree to disagree. ill never ever see your way. you can keep your socialism.
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  10. #1869
    Member Since
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS
    Posts
    756
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I figured I would throw my 2 cents into this conversation just to give a little diffrent spin. First, I might as well point out that I have been laid-off since the beginning of Apr due to cutbacks in the industry that I work in. My wife took over carrying the health ins when that happened. She (works in same industry) got laid off back at the beginning of Aug. Saying that and before anyone starts saying "There are jobs out there how come your not working?" Yes, there are jobs out there for us but not paying to what we are making on unemployment. Our income has dropped by about 30% due to the layoffs. Now without being with health insur atm? I would have to say the main thing I see wrong with health care atm is that its so damned expensive. When I was working we would change insur every year for the past 6-7 yrs since insur comps refused to sign 3 yr deals anymore as they did once before. They used 9-11 to raise the rates every year. Yes, I understand that there are some ppl that abuse the system and go to their dr or ER everytime they would get a sniffle. I dont understand entirely about what they are wanting to do with healthcare but if I cant afford the COBRA plan after we got laid off then how am I going to afford indep insur at risk of fines and tickets if these laws go into effect? How come the gov dont require the insur comps to put a cap on what they can charge I feel they need to do something about the insur comps rather than require the ppl to buy insur if they are not working. Requireing ppl to buy the insur on their own (working or not) even if the job doesnt offer insur will make a bad situation worse. BTW? Also from what I understand the so called socialized or nationalized healthcare in other countries? Its free at the cost of higher sales and income tax. What Obama is doing here? Not socialized or nationalized healthcare its turning into imo dictated healthcare. They are going to requier to buy it whether you can afford it or not or take the lowest form possible if you cant. In that case, it does come down to how much money you make. No dirrence when our job offered you a diffrence between the cost of the PPO or the HMO.

    jmo

  11. #1870
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,041
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 83
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jtandcrew View Post
    I figured I would throw my 2 cents into this conversation just to give a little diffrent spin. First, I might as well point out that I have been laid-off since the beginning of Apr due to cutbacks in the industry that I work in. My wife took over carrying the health ins when that happened. She (works in same industry) got laid off back at the beginning of Aug. Saying that and before anyone starts saying "There are jobs out there how come your not working?" Yes, there are jobs out there for us but not paying to what we are making on unemployment. Our income has dropped by about 30% due to the layoffs. Now without being with health insur atm? I would have to say the main thing I see wrong with health care atm is that its so damned expensive. When I was working we would change insur every year for the past 6-7 yrs since insur comps refused to sign 3 yr deals anymore as they did once before. They used 9-11 to raise the rates every year. Yes, I understand that there are some ppl that abuse the system and go to their dr or ER everytime they would get a sniffle. I dont understand entirely about what they are wanting to do with healthcare but if I cant afford the COBRA plan after we got laid off then how am I going to afford indep insur at risk of fines and tickets if these laws go into effect? How come the gov dont require the insur comps to put a cap on what they can charge I feel they need to do something about the insur comps rather than require the ppl to buy insur if they are not working. Requireing ppl to buy the insur on their own (working or not) even if the job doesnt offer insur will make a bad situation worse. BTW? Also from what I understand the so called socialized or nationalized healthcare in other countries? Its free at the cost of higher sales and income tax. What Obama is doing here? Not socialized or nationalized healthcare its turning into imo dictated healthcare. They are going to requier to buy it whether you can afford it or not or take the lowest form possible if you cant. In that case, it does come down to how much money you make. No dirrence when our job offered you a diffrence between the cost of the PPO or the HMO.

    jmo
    I also heard if passed your issued a gov card. if you don't have one come tax time you'll be fined up to $2200.
    I was also laid off in 2001. but I had enough time in to take early retirement. and my wife still works. so far. I have good ins and I don't want to be put on this system. many do have their own ins. why don't they make it voluntary for the uninsured and leave the rest of us alone????
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •