Page 191 of 258 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    ...And yet he was elected to lead our nation; scary isn't it?
    Sure is, as well as scary for what he could do before his term is over.

Too many were so caught up in his charisma, the "historical" situation of his election, and his meaningless slogans like, "Yes we can!" and "Time for change!". His supporters didn't care that he never said anything of actual substance.

well now lets take a look at his supporters

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8"]YouTube - How Obama Got Elected... Interviews With Obama Voters[/ame]

it was a close election. what made the diff??? ACORN and the liberal MSM. ACORN has now been prosecuted on a number of charges including voter fraud. read on:

source

it was ACORN that lead the way to the mortgage meltdown. with the help of some dems. more recently indictments have been handed out for bringing young prostitutes into the country and providing tax free brothels. and on it goes

read all about it here
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Garilla View Post
    OK, this thread has turned into a regurgitation of Sarah Palin's campaign speeches. Just saying.....

Yup.

Resident Celebrity

Default Ask a Canadian

Sorry. This probly belongs in the Politics thread. But i didnt want to sidetrack whatever you guys were talkin about. Mods feel free to move this into that thread if you want.

But I need to hear it from myself. From someone who lives there. Not no rite or left media.

Canada, and/or anybody else that lives in Canada:

How is your universal healthcare system up there?

Are you happy with it?

Is it better than the american system?

How long are your waits?

How is your service?

Its honestly not the gretest system. I can't fairly compare it to what you have in the US as I have never been to a hospital in the States. I am however quite comfortable knowing that if i (or anyone in my family) even needs any type of healthcare, I dont have to worry about the $$$. There are times when you will wait a fairly long time when u go to the hospital but that is another discussion all together. Fact is that if I were to have a major Heart Attack or get seriously injured, there is no cost, nor is there a wait. You are immediately at the front of the line. People here are treated according to how badly they need medical attention. Those who need it most get it first. Those who wait long times are usually those who can afford to wait longer. While we pay higher taxes for the services we have, I can not imagine living without them. As much as some people may disagree with me, I think it is every persons right to have health coverage at any hospital at any time.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

OK, this thread has turned into a regurgitation of Sarah Palin's campaign speeches. Just saying.....
    Well that didn't take long!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

A fair observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Well that didn't take long!
    For real. When the going gets tough bash on Sarah Palin and duck out

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    Sorry. This probly belongs in the Politics thread. But i didnt want to sidetrack whatever you guys were talkin about. Mods feel free to move this into that thread if you want.

But I need to hear it from myself. From someone who lives there. Not no rite or left media.

Canada, and/or anybody else that lives in Canada:

How is your universal healthcare system up there?

Are you happy with it?

Is it better than the american system?

How long are your waits?

How is your service?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Its honestly not the gretest system. I can't fairly compare it to what you have in the US as I have never been to a hospital in the States. I am however quite comfortable knowing that if i (or anyone in my family) even needs any type of healthcare, I dont have to worry about the $$$. There are times when you will wait a fairly long time when u go to the hospital but that is another discussion all together. Fact is that if I were to have a major Heart Attack or get seriously injured, there is no cost, nor is there a wait. You are immediately at the front of the line. People here are treated according to how badly they need medical attention. Those who need it most get it first. Those who wait long times are usually those who can afford to wait longer. While we pay higher taxes for the services we have, I can not imagine living without them. As much as some people may disagree with me, I think it is every persons right to have health coverage at any hospital at any time.

Thread and subsequent response combined as requested.

Quote Originally Posted by DT14PRIEST View Post
    For real. When the going gets tough bash on Sarah Palin and duck out
    I did not once Bash on Palin, although there is plenty of material i could use if i wanted to :P