Page 194 of 258 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2572

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    I give up.
    I don't blame you one bit.

That's how this discussion always goes. Then, once one gives up, it always goes directly into fear-mongering.

Well, I don't fear the Chinese half as much as I do insurance companies, CEOs and politicians. And those guys are already here raping us.

I give up. Lets just give everybody free health care, food, and housing. I'm not quite sure where you want to get all this money to hand out to these lazy - uhum - unfortunate people. We are already the United States of China. They have a good chunk of our industry, jobs, and 4 trillion dollars of our debt. But thats ok, they will give us more money for your handouts. If we keep this up, the only jobs available to your children will be posting Chinese road signs. China has got to be laughing their collective a$ off watching this circus. I suggest you get prepared (if you are able without gov't help), as the chickens will soon come home to roost...
    So if u have free health care the Chinese are gonna take over your country?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Well, I don't fear the Chinese half as much as I do insurance companies, CEOs and politicians. And those guys are already here raping us.
    Really? Tell me, how much margin does Aetna make? How about Anthem, Wellpoint, Humana? How much money do you really think they make in comparison to how much they have to pay out? Do you know?

Then how about pharmacuetical companies? How much do they make? What is their margin percentage?

Oh, and when WAS the last time you lived under communist rule? When was the last time you had to be worried about being shot because of your religious or political beliefs?

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I am not sure why I am even wasting time writing this message, but here goes.

THe difference between the Chinese and a company/CEO, is that the Chinese are an authoritarian government that cares NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING for their people. The company/CEO at least realizes that unless they offer a product that people will BUY, they have no INCOME. You might think they are evil because they make money, but they make money because they offer something someone wants to buy, if that market dries up, they cease to exist.

With the Chinese, you have NO CHOICE. 0. zilch, nadda. So you had better think long and hard, go read some history, look at how the Chinese control free speech, control information, control their people, because if that is what you want, then you can most certainly get your wish, I am sure China will let you move there.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    There ain't nothin' free.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Really? Tell me, how much margin does Aetna make? How about Anthem, Wellpoint, Humana? How much money do you really think they make in comparison to how much they have to pay out? Do you know?

Then how about pharmacuetical companies? How much do they make? What is their margin percentage?

Oh, and when WAS the last time you lived under communist rule? When was the last time you had to be worried about being shot because of your religious or political beliefs?

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and I am not sure why I am even wasting time writing this message, but here goes.

THe difference between the Chinese and a company/CEO, is that the Chinese are an authoritarian government that cares NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING for their people. The company/CEO at least realizes that unless they offer a product that people will BUY, they have no INCOME. You might think they are evil because they make money, but they make money because they offer something someone wants to buy, if that market dries up, they cease to exist.

With the Chinese, you have NO CHOICE. 0. zilch, nadda. So you had better think long and hard, go read some history, look at how the Chinese control free speech, control information, control their people, because if that is what you want, then you can most certainly get your wish, I am sure China will let you move there.
    I think what a lot of people don't realize is that we are literally at war with China. Iraq and Afganistan are small potatoes compared to what we're up against with China - as they are literally buying this country up piece by piece. Whenever we import or buy ANYTHING from China, we are funding THEIR political agendas, THEIR slave labor, THEIR economy - NOT OURS. And we just keep borrowing money from these guys with no forseeable way of paying them back. Its just a matter of time before they turn in their debt card. Then what? A military solution? Where do we get our steel to sustain our war effort? We get 80% of it from China as we speak!
    Maybe its time we open up our steel mills and refineries to OUR workers before its too late. Maybe its time we quit buying what we can't afford to pay for. If we don't see changes soon, our children will be rioting in the streets for food. These are drastic times - and they require drastic measures.
    If I took a dump in your pudding, please note:

CHIEFS WILL KICK SOME FADER BUTT THIS SUNDAY!
    SHUT IT

Haven't any of you heard? All this will be moot come 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think the point was that we are already in debt to the point beyond comprehension to the Chinese government, and now we are talking about the single largest government spending bill ever in our country. Forget the arguments about whether it will work or not to fix healthcare, it isn't economically responsible...but neither is most of what Washington has done for the past 15+ years...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Haven't any of you heard? All this will be moot come 2012.
    WE Dang well better win a SUPER BOWL! SOON THEN!!!

I think what a lot of people don't realize is that we are literally at war with China. Iraq and Afganistan are small potatoes compared to what we're up against with China - as they are literally buying this country up piece by piece. Whenever we import or buy ANYTHING from China, we are funding THEIR political agendas, THEIR slave labor, THEIR economy - NOT OURS. And we just keep borrowing money from these guys with no forseeable way of paying them back. Its just a matter of time before they turn in their debt card. Then what? A military solution? Where do we get our steel to sustain our war effort? We get 80% of it from China as we speak!
    Maybe its time we open up our steel mills and refineries to OUR workers before its too late. Maybe its time we quit buying what we can't afford to pay for. If we don't see changes soon, our children will be rioting in the streets for food. These are drastic times - and they require drastic measures.
    If I took a dump in your pudding, please note:

CHIEFS WILL KICK SOME FADER BUTT THIS SUNDAY!
    Simply solution to the China problem, stop buying products made in China. Tax the hell out of companys that import made in China products that could be made here, so that made in USA is again a better way of taking care of our own! Look at what you are buying, if it does cost more, is it worth it, to buy something made here at home. Consumers can make a choice, the problem is, most do not care, or see how it efects the big picture of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Go try to scare someone else. I am not scared of how they run anything.

They aren't coming in here like that, no matter what we owe them.

But you go ahead and shiver in your boots all you want.