Page 202 of 244 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2438

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd


    0 Not allowed!
    Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary



    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.






    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html







    Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #2011
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It is known as the dumbification of America. Problem is many Republican voters are no smarter. I can say that 'cause I are one.


  3. #2012
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Clean up efforts - the man is making it worse - much worse. But thats what happens when a desperate and naive populace elects a salesman to pose as a leader. This huge gov't is out of control and has no accountability. And Obama actually thinks that increasing gov't jobs is the answer to our unemployment woes? Subsidizing these public sector jobs off the backs of private sector wage earners is NOT the answer.
    Gov't bankrupt, unemployment rampant, social security raped, post office broke, credit shot, medicare screwed, dollar worthless, inflation skyrocketing, taxes booming, debt out of control. I know, its all Bushes fault! Isn't socialism wonderful?
    Remember - A larger, more powerful gov't equals a smaller, less powerful YOU!
    About a year left of the clown show...
    The decline stopped. And all signs were heading back up, when The TEA Party came in to shut it down.

    Republicans, politicians, and supporters have been sabotaging the economy, through government, and private sector efforts since President Obama was elected. Actually well before then.

    TEA Party nation actually sent out an Email to members with a pact for them to sign, agreeing not to hire any Americans until.....(Whatever demands are met)

    Nevermind that they only hire overseas anyway.

    The fact that they tried to get all their supporters to agree to sabotage the US economy, and out in the open, is exactly why the usual recovery from stimulus spending has not happened.

    Even Republicans tyhemselves have admitted that The GOP has put sabotaging recovery, to blame President Obama, ahead of their duties.

    The last thing Republicans, and their supporters want, is for the economy to recovery while Obama is in office.

    And they have been doing everything possible to stop it from happening.

    As for the TEA Party war-cry of "big scary government", I don't like big government either. But it is the only rescource of the people, against the btyrany of big business.

    Corporations, by design, will starve all Americans, for the ends of feeding their fat BoEs and CEOs.

    It is only natural for those corporations to try and eliminate the people's power to fight them.

    The government is the people's representative in that fight. And we continue to watch the politicians being bought by those corporations.

    And there are two parties.

    Republicans are cheap. Their whole platform is "beg the almighty corporations and give them many offeriings".

    And Democrats are the last bastion of real representation against the power elites.

    Yes. They too get bought off, and talked into doing all the cortporate favors.

    But, I see them fight on almost every major issue.

    Aside from Ron Paul, who sticks with his ideals, regardless of anything else, I see no Republicans not demanding that we make our offering to the corporate gods.

  4. #2013
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    kansas city
    Posts
    2,063
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 46

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The decline stopped. And all signs were heading back up, when The TEA Party came in to shut it down.

    Republicans, politicians, and supporters have been sabotaging the economy, through government, and private sector efforts since President Obama was elected. Actually well before then.

    TEA Party nation actually sent out an Email to members with a pact for them to sign, agreeing not to hire any Americans until.....(Whatever demands are met)

    Nevermind that they only hire overseas anyway.

    The fact that they tried to get all their supporters to agree to sabotage the US economy, and out in the open, is exactly why the usual recovery from stimulus spending has not happened.

    Even Republicans tyhemselves have admitted that The GOP has put sabotaging recovery, to blame President Obama, ahead of their duties.

    The last thing Republicans, and their supporters want, is for the economy to recovery while Obama is in office.

    And they have been doing everything possible to stop it from happening.

    As for the TEA Party war-cry of "big scary government", I don't like big government either. But it is the only rescource of the people, against the btyrany of big business.

    Corporations, by design, will starve all Americans, for the ends of feeding their fat BoEs and CEOs.

    It is only natural for those corporations to try and eliminate the people's power to fight them.

    The government is the people's representative in that fight. And we continue to watch the politicians being bought by those corporations.

    And there are two parties.

    Republicans are cheap. Their whole platform is "beg the almighty corporations and give them many offeriings".

    And Democrats are the last bastion of real representation against the power elites.

    Yes. They too get bought off, and talked into doing all the cortporate favors.

    But, I see them fight on almost every major issue.

    Aside from Ron Paul, who sticks with his ideals, regardless of anything else, I see no Republicans not demanding that we make our offering to the corporate gods.
    wish I could share your optimism, but its gonna take years and maybe a generation or two to pay off the biggest debt in our history. this insane spending has got to stop. hopefully in 012 it will. democrats solve problems by throwing money at it. and more if needed.
    the dems have done their best here to vilify and discredit the tea party to keep you know who in office. Im sick a listening to partisan fighting and back biting while this country slides down the tubes. DC stinks like a cat house at low tide. anyone who goes there is instantly corrupt. these behind closed door deals are made without our knowledge. what are they talking about?? ill tell ya. about us. our money, our lives, our families. the constitution says their on our side. today we need someone to watch and account for them.
    never thought I would live to see a mess a like this.
    my 2 cents
    trust but verify
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

  5. #2014
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    wish I could share your optimism, but its gonna take years and maybe a generation or two to pay off the biggest debt in our history. this insane spending has got to stop. hopefully in 012 it will. democrats solve problems by throwing money at it. and more if needed.
    the dems have done their best here to vilify and discredit the tea party to keep you know who in office. Im sick a listening to partisan fighting and back biting while this country slides down the tubes. DC stinks like a cat house at low tide. anyone who goes there is instantly corrupt. these behind closed door deals are made without our knowledge. what are they talking about?? ill tell ya. about us. our money, our lives, our families. the constitution says their on our side. today we need someone to watch and account for them.
    never thought I would live to see a mess a like this.
    my 2 cents
    While I don't agree with a whole lot of how Democrats handle situations, A quick review of each party's track record leaves me with a pretty solid lean.

    I look at whichever party had two, or all, othese three, Majoriy in The HoR, Majority in The Senate, and Presidency, as being in control of Washington.

    Meaning that that is the party who has the most influence on policy-making.

    Now, starting with the 1920's, Republicans enjoyed a decade straight of control, resultiing in a wild upswing, (The Roarin' Twenties) and leading directly to The Great Depression.

    They continued to have control for four years after the crash of '29, and watched as the situation worsened.

    That era was followed by a run of almost fifty years of Democratic control, during which, The USA recovered from The Great Depression, and rose to become the strongest economy on the planet.

    After almost fifty years of being the minority in Washington, Republicans started getting back into power in the 1980's.

    Since then, they have been in power for the majority of the last thirty years. With twelve straight years of control, from 1995, through 2006.

    With an almost identical result to their 1920's run. Where there was a period of wild spending and high profits, leading into, yet another, massive economic collapse.

    And now, just like during The Great Depression, the party who's policies brought on the collapse, are screaming for their lives about how the opposing party is handling things. Pointing their fingers, and nothing more.

    And that is the track record for the last 100 years.

    Republican policies promote massive disparity between the rich, and all others, leading to total economic faliure, and Democrats try to repair the wreckage.

    As for The TEA Party, I saw the email askiing all members/supporters to refuse to hire any Americans.

    They have effectively villified themselves.

  6. #2015
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,123
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    That's ridiculous. How could anybody possibly believe a guy who has been out of office for 3 or 4 years Is responsible for today's problems? Didn't we elect ... er, I mean hire him to fix the problems that the last guy supposedly created? If you cant' do that after this much time, you need to be replaced.

    Blame Herm! Imagine if the leader of a country tried to do something like that!
    Well, it took twelve years for Republican policy-making to decimate the economy. And that is the easy part.

  7. #2016
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    S.J. Cali
    Posts
    883
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 5

    Thumbs up


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow I took a breath & step back and re-read posts 3yrs ish back on this thread What a wierd read I know no politics at the bar Ted Nugent for President
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

    1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

  8. #2017
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    did you say




    512 Obama Voters 11/13/08-11/15/08 MOE +/- 4.4 points 97.1% High School Graduate or higher, 55% College Graduates
    Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions
    57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)
    71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)
    82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)
    88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)
    56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).
    And yet.....
    Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes
    Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter
    And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
    Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.
    Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)


  9. #2018
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,409
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 64

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Wow a aged thread comes back to haunt us. Halloween is over, Thanks have been given! Pray that we are blessed with a gift this Christmas, in a new president in the elections! Kinda like a Head Coach, Obama needs to be fired!

  10. #2019
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    1,150
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I seem to remember the election very clearly. Alot of the guys on here said they would rather vote for Obama than Mccain. I refuse to say I told you so so I won't.
    <a href=http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif target=_blank>http://i48.tinypic.com/2ihmnft.gif</a>

  11. #2020
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,044
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 246
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Wow a aged thread comes back to haunt us. Halloween is over, Thanks have been given! Pray that we are blessed with a gift this Christmas, in a new president in the elections! Kinda like a Head Coach, Obama needs to be fired!

    ...THIS!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •