Page 206 of 258 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Roy, come on, don't you know that Obama was a Constitutional Law Professor and in that capacity he knows much more about the Constitution than even the Supreme Court Judges?
    He thinks he does! I know Obama knows exactly what judicial activism is; he just doesn't care. He is just twisting the English language to fit his personal agenda. In Obama's world, the ends always justify the means.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    how many rolls ya need ???

***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

what's in obamacare. she explains in great detail

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU"]Pelosi: &quot;We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It&quot; - YouTube[/ame]
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

what's in obamacare. she explains in great detail

I loved that line! Nobody that voted on this bill knew what was in it. They had staffers read it and 'summarize' the parts they read! Even the people who wrote it didn't know what was in the parts they didn't write.

The bill was passed in the house without a single republican vote and, I think, 37 democrats also voted against it. It passed 219-212 and Obama says it was passed "by a large margin" by a democratically elected congress. The vote to repeal Obamacare passed with 245 votes. More congressmen voted to repeal it than voted to pass it in the first place!

But that doesn't matter to Obama.

And neither does the Constitution!

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I loved that line! Nobody that voted on this bill knew what was in it. They had staffers read it and 'summarize' the parts they read! Even the people who wrote it didn't know what was in the parts they didn't write.

The bill was passed in the house without a single republican vote and, I think, 37 democrats also voted against it. It passed 219-212 and Obama says it was passed "by a large margin" by a democratically elected congress. The vote to repeal Obamacare passed with 245 votes. More congressmen voted to repeal it than voted to pass it in the first place!

If you listen closely you can almost hear King George laughing in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    If you listen closely you can almost hear King George laughing in his grave.
    When his chuckle subside, he ask is there some Tea?
    I am ready to dump this administration over the side!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    When his chuckle subside, he ask is there some Tea?
    I am ready to dump this administration over the side!
    Problem is that it appears as if Romney will be the Republican nominee in which case the choice, as I see it, is between Mitt Obama or Barack Romney. I see very little, if any, difference between the two aside from the fact that Romney does actually have a business background.

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post

I downloaded it on PDF when it became available online and i think it was close to a thousand pages. I remember thinking I need a team of lawyers to figure this out !!! there have been revisions made to it since. including some big time major pork spending. but that's SOP on any bill passed
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

since im not gonna get re elected you Russians are on your own

since im not gonna get re elected you Russians are on your own

What he really said is even worse!

it was something along the lines of "After the election is over, I'll have a lot more flexibility to work with you guys"

That's scary!

I have a simple political philosophy: Leave Me Alone! I don't want your welfare. I don't want your healthcare. I don't want your help in any way. I am firmly entrenched in the lower middle class. I am not rich and live pretty much paycheck to paycheck. Just because I can't afford the things that my neighbors have, doesn't mean I want the government to take from them to give to me. Just protect me from foreign invaders and after that, let me sink or swim. It's simple: LMA!