Page 216 of 244 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2438

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd


    0 Not allowed!
    Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary



    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.






    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html







    Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #2151
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    In reality, if Texas decided to break and southern states decided to follow, there's nothing D.C. could about it. The U.S. military is in the hands of southern men and as much as the hippies on the coastlines talk **** and threaten violence, there's no way a socialist north could threaten the south, let alone keep them from seceding. It truly doesn't matter whether the US laws "ALLOW" for a Texas secession. We already live in a country irreversibly divided along the lines of socialist/communist v. capitalist and that's devastating. But just because the gangrene of communism has already taken parts of the body, that doesn't mean we should just allow it to kill the whole country. Cut those limbs off and let's move forward. Let them drive the rest of their states into bankruptcy like California, Michigan, and Illinois and let's all just move forward and prosper under a true capitalist system.
    Well, I know I'm just about as discontent with the political process as I can be. I've voted in every single general election since I was of voting age and I've come to one irrefutable, at least in my mind, fact: and that is both sides of the isle have failed us.


  3. #2152
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well, I know I'm just about as discontent with the political process as I can be. I've voted in every single general election since I was of voting age and I've come to one irrefutable, at least in my mind, fact: and that is both sides of the isle have failed us.
    TRUTH.

    I believe it's time Americans start thinking outside the framework of our own laws and constitution. How can we go about fixing the system? If we try to go through congress, it won't work because they're the biggest problem. No one in congress is going to work their whole life to get where they're at just to vote against their own best interest. The judicial branch has been tainted by activist judges with the SCOTUS split down partisan lines. The executive branch has progressively gotten worse with each new president no matter which party they represent.

    So now what? I believe if we keep heading down the path we're on, the entire country will be ruined and vulnerable to outside influence (U.N.) and/or attack (China/Russia/Iran). A capitalist retraction into southern states would allow for a regrouping of sorts. There are only 2 things I think the south should go to war over if it came to that; independence and the green river shale formation that runs through Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. Between the Green River, Texas oil, and the gulf of Mexico, the southern states could be energy independent and financially stable for LONG-TERM, foreseeable future.

    If you assume a Texas secession includes Texas, OK, LA, and AR, then you'll have to consider who else would want to go. Probably MS, AL, GA, AZ, UT, TN, SC, KA and WY. New Mexico would probably have to go with Texas depending on how bad Arizona wants to split from California and the union (which, I think would be a strong desire). Then, Florida will probably have to go along with the rest of the south considering they'll be completely cut off from the north. Not sure about CO, but if UT and WY CHOOSE to go with Texas, CO will be THE KEY state that the south would go to war over. Every other state would at the very least need to have a serious discussion about where to align themselves. That's roughly 16 states, give or take a couple. It may not sound like much considering there are 50 states in the union, but Texas by itself is equal to 257 Rhode Islands. LOL Those 16 states make up more than half the land mass of the 48 states.

    Texas would probably align itself with Mexico who would be the first to recognize Texas' independence from the US in exchange for trade deals in oil. There would probably also be discussions about a pacific coast land trade involving the land under California that makes up the west bank of the Gulf of California. A pacific port and naval base would be vital to security of the southern secession.

    I believe a retraction could be a good thing in the long-run. Allowing free enterprise and independent oil drilling to secure our future would go a long way to dominating the region. Give the southern states a decade or two and they'll be the new economical powerhouse. While the north ruins itself the way they have with CA, MI, and IL, it'll only be a matter of time before the south retakes the rest of the 50 states back.

    The constitution needs to be refreshed with new amendments protecting the foundation of this country from socialism and communism.
    There needs to be laws written to prevent lobbying and other things that have destroyed the united states system.
    Term limits, proportionate representation, and lower public service salaries need to be implemented.
    Presidential campaigns should be regulated. This takes away the need for enormous amounts of money to be donated. A candidate AND incumbent should be limited on the speeches they give and appearances they make.
    Laws should be made to prevent false campaign promises.
    There should be complete transparency involving everything but defense.
    There should be strict citizenship requirements.
    Free migration out of the country, but strict checks coming in.
    There needs to be a falling away from political correctness and a very serious approach to identifying those who mean to do harm to our country.
    Education should be returned to the local governments.
    Religion should NOT be separated from every other aspect of life. The best things about the US were based on the Judeo-Christian God.
    The federal government should do little else than provide protection for its citizens.
    The same 3 branch system should be implemented.
    Pattens purchased and applied for, should be bought with intent to develop. If a patten is purchased and deemed under-developed over a 5 year span, the patten could go back on the market with the previous owner ineligible to put a claim on the respective patten.

    The list goes on, but there are definitely fixes that can be made to the system. The problem the US has is there are too many roadblocks that just won't allow for these fixes to be implemented. A secession clears these roadblocks by creating a new entity in which these fixes can be implemented while allowing the old system to die out in a great socialist fireball. Give an independent south the freedom to live, work, and produce the way they see fit and you'll see an economic explosion that would put the rest of the world to shame.

  4. #2153
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    TRUTH.

    I believe it's time Americans start thinking outside the framework of our own laws and constitution. How can we go about fixing the system? If we try to go through congress, it won't work because they're the biggest problem. No one in congress is going to work their whole life to get where they're at just to vote against their own best interest. The judicial branch has been tainted by activist judges with the SCOTUS split down partisan lines. The executive branch has progressively gotten worse with each new president no matter which party they represent.

    So now what? I believe if we keep heading down the path we're on, the entire country will be ruined and vulnerable to outside influence (U.N.) and/or attack (China/Russia/Iran). A capitalist retraction into southern states would allow for a regrouping of sorts. There are only 2 things I think the south should go to war over if it came to that; independence and the green river shale formation that runs through Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. Between the Green River, Texas oil, and the gulf of Mexico, the southern states could be energy independent and financially stable for LONG-TERM, foreseeable future.

    If you assume a Texas secession includes Texas, OK, LA, and AR, then you'll have to consider who else would want to go. Probably MS, AL, GA, AZ, UT, TN, SC, KA and WY. New Mexico would probably have to go with Texas depending on how bad Arizona wants to split from California and the union (which, I think would be a strong desire). Then, Florida will probably have to go along with the rest of the south considering they'll be completely cut off from the north. Not sure about CO, but if UT and WY CHOOSE to go with Texas, CO will be THE KEY state that the south would go to war over. Every other state would at the very least need to have a serious discussion about where to align themselves. That's roughly 16 states, give or take a couple. It may not sound like much considering there are 50 states in the union, but Texas by itself is equal to 257 Rhode Islands. LOL Those 16 states make up more than half the land mass of the 48 states.

    Texas would probably align itself with Mexico who would be the first to recognize Texas' independence from the US in exchange for trade deals in oil. There would probably also be discussions about a pacific coast land trade involving the land under California that makes up the west bank of the Gulf of California. A pacific port and naval base would be vital to security of the southern secession.

    I believe a retraction could be a good thing in the long-run. Allowing free enterprise and independent oil drilling to secure our future would go a long way to dominating the region. Give the southern states a decade or two and they'll be the new economical powerhouse. While the north ruins itself the way they have with CA, MI, and IL, it'll only be a matter of time before the south retakes the rest of the 50 states back.

    The constitution needs to be refreshed with new amendments protecting the foundation of this country from socialism and communism.
    There needs to be laws written to prevent lobbying and other things that have destroyed the united states system.
    Term limits, proportionate representation, and lower public service salaries need to be implemented.
    Presidential campaigns should be regulated. This takes away the need for enormous amounts of money to be donated. A candidate AND incumbent should be limited on the speeches they give and appearances they make.
    Laws should be made to prevent false campaign promises.
    There should be complete transparency involving everything but defense.
    There should be strict citizenship requirements.
    Free migration out of the country, but strict checks coming in.
    There needs to be a falling away from political correctness and a very serious approach to identifying those who mean to do harm to our country.
    Education should be returned to the local governments.
    Religion should NOT be separated from every other aspect of life. The best things about the US were based on the Judeo-Christian God.
    The federal government should do little else than provide protection for its citizens.
    The same 3 branch system should be implemented.
    Pattens purchased and applied for, should be bought with intent to develop. If a patten is purchased and deemed under-developed over a 5 year span, the patten could go back on the market with the previous owner ineligible to put a claim on the respective patten.

    The list goes on, but there are definitely fixes that can be made to the system. The problem the US has is there are too many roadblocks that just won't allow for these fixes to be implemented. A secession clears these roadblocks by creating a new entity in which these fixes can be implemented while allowing the old system to die out in a great socialist fireball. Give an independent south the freedom to live, work, and produce the way they see fit and you'll see an economic explosion that would put the rest of the world to shame.
    Agreed, at what point has it come time, as the Declaration of Independence dictates, to throw off corrupt government and start over?
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-24-2012 at 11:06 PM.


  5. #2154
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,392
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I kind of like the secession idea, TexasChief, and I think in addition to the states you mentioned we could probably get North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky. Missouri would probably a border/battleground state. Overall they are pretty conservative but St. Louis and KC, MO throw the curve off a bit. We could call it the Federal Republic of America!

    I'm not ready for another Civil War just yet, though. I do think this is our last chance to work through the system and I'm not thrilled about Romney leading the Republican party, but we have to start with getting rid of Obama. "All politics is local" as the saying goes and it is really important that we increase our majority in the House and win over a majority in the Senate. The success of the "Tea Party" movement in the last 2 years shows me that Americans are fed up with politics as usual and are ready to elect Pols who will make real significant changes.

    If the economy stays the way it is, I don't see any way that Obama gets re-elected. But if he does, then I think people will start taking secession talks seriously very quickly. The new nation's capital could be in Dallas or Atlanta. Between Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, and Phoenix, we would have real economic power whether Missouri and Colorado come along or not. Adding Denver St. Louis and Kansas City to the mix would just be a bonus.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  6. #2155
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I kind of like the secession idea, TexasChief, and I think in addition to the states you mentioned we could probably get North and South Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky. Missouri would probably a border/battleground state. Overall they are pretty conservative but St. Louis and KC, MO throw the curve off a bit. We could call it the Federal Republic of America!

    I'm not ready for another Civil War just yet, though. I do think this is our last chance to work through the system and I'm not thrilled about Romney leading the Republican party, but we have to start with getting rid of Obama. "All politics is local" as the saying goes and it is really important that we increase our majority in the House and win over a majority in the Senate. The success of the "Tea Party" movement in the last 2 years shows me that Americans are fed up with politics as usual and are ready to elect Pols who will make real significant changes.

    If the economy stays the way it is, I don't see any way that Obama gets re-elected. But if he does, then I think people will start taking secession talks seriously very quickly. The new nation's capital could be in Dallas or Atlanta. Between Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, and Phoenix, we would have real economic power whether Missouri and Colorado come along or not. Adding Denver St. Louis and Kansas City to the mix would just be a bonus.
    HELL NO to Atlanta! That's one of the most liberal cities in America. I'd want the capital to be in an underdeveloped city where big, corporate money wasn't already entrenched and ready to lobby. The city planners of D.C. had the right idea. If you've ever visited D.C., it's one of, if not THE most intimidating city in the world with the architecture of the capital building and the other historical buildings' sizes compared to the surrounding city structures. That's why you don't see any other large buildings in the D.C. area. It's all about presentation. I'd want the capital to be centralized in the country, rather than on one coast or the other. This would be a heartland movement and the capital should represent as such.

    Abilene, TX, Shreveport, LA, and Jackson, MS would be on my short list... someplace that could be planned and developed... perhaps even somewhere completely undeveloped that could be built to be the new capital. But absolutely NO to Dallas, Atlanta, Austin, New Orleans, Houston, or Florida.

    We can't be sitting around waiting to see what happens in Nov. The ground swell needs to start happening now. There's no guarantee Romney would be much better. Jefferson, Adams, and Franklin didn't sit around waiting to build their Declaration of Independence. They already had a pretty good idea of what their new country would look like and were building the Constitution. Those kinds of things need to start happening now.

    A secession movement needs to start brewing in states other than Texas if those states are going to go with. These kinds of things need to be discussed at the dinner table right now if there's actually going to be movement on this front. The idea is going to frighten people at first and if it's just sprung on them, there could be a real resistance to the idea, whereas if it has been discussed and thought about in advance, people could be more inclined to perhaps throw away the old and start anew.

    There need to be REAL plans in place. There needs to be a viable defense strategy, economic plan, and a new constitution. There need to be international allies that would help a southern secession. Perhaps Mexico because of their relationship with Texas. I think Australia would be an ally to a southern secession as well. They are pretty similar in mindset, capitalism, and freedom. I'm not sure where the UK would come down. I think it would depend on which party is in office at that time. If it's Blair's party, they might back us considering the community organizer sent back the bust of Churchill. If we let our plans of oil production be known, the list of countries lining up could be long just because of that reason.

    One of the biggest things that need to happen first is to find financial support for the movement. I think you'll find it from oil. There also needs to be unwavering leadership. Not from those names we already know, like the Bushes, Perry, or any sitting governors. Rick Perry will probably be the guy to get the ball rolling, but I think it's vital to the new country that leaders who truly believe in the ideals the original UNITED STATES were built upon, are the ones the people follow.

  7. #2156
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

  8. #2157
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    2,392
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 59

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I like this idea, but it's not going to happen. Here is what will happen, though, I'm guessing.

    1. The Republican House will pass a budget over strong objections from the Democrats.
    2. The Democrat led Senate will require heavy modifications to the budget bill and finally pass a watered down version that gives neither side most of what they want.
    3. Obama will veto the budget bill, knowing that neither the House nor the Senate can muster enough votes to override his veto. He will claim he his protecting the poor and elderly from "draconian" Republican's cuts to entitlements, which are really just reductions in the amount that spending will increase. Only in Washington is a smaller than planned increase in spending considered a cut!
    4. Obama will blame the Republicans for not working in a bi-partisan way to come up with a serious budget proposal that "everyone can live with."
    5. Democrat Congressmen will run in November on the key issues that the Republicans can't get a budget passed, and the economy has continued to sputter since the Republicans took control of the House.
    6. Congress will pass yet another budget "extension," probably re-raising the debt ceiling AGAIN!
    7. Romney will be elected President thereby removing the road block from passing a full budget and a full budget plan will be passed early in the next term.

    Bet on it!
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    Originally Posted by Name Withheld
    I don't think anything that's what wrong is nearly Smiths Falls we have no offense of line I think the coaches are free to call certain place I think he would absolutely do better with a different office of coordinator

  9. #2158
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I like this idea, but it's not going to happen. Here is what will happen, though, I'm guessing.

    1. The Republican House will pass a budget over strong objections from the Democrats.

    2. The Democrat led Senate will require heavy modifications to the budget bill and finally pass a watered down version that gives neither side most of what they want.
    3. Obama will veto the budget bill, knowing that neither the House nor the Senate can muster enough votes to override his veto. He will claim he his protecting the poor and elderly from "draconian" Republican's cuts to entitlements, which are really just reductions in the amount that spending will
    increase. Only in Washington is a smaller than planned increase in spending considered a cut!
    4. Obama will blame the Republicans for not working in a bi-partisan way to come up with a serious budget proposal that "everyone can live with."
    5. Democrat Congressmen will run in November on the key issues that the Republicans can't get a budget passed, and the economy has continued to sputter since the Republicans took control of the House.
    6. Congress will pass yet another budget "extension," probably re-raising the debt ceiling AGAIN!

    7. Romney will be elected President thereby removing the road block from passing a full budget and a full budget plan will be passed early in the next term.

    Bet on it!

    More than likely that is what will happen, although I don't know it'll make a difference who wins the Presidency.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 05-26-2012 at 11:35 PM.


  10. #2159
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    3,767
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 51

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think y'all are giving the Obama administration WAY too much credit by expecting them to play by the rules this election. Even if most of the country votes against him, his campaign will skew poll numbers leading up to the election so that when they commit voter fraud, his "narrow win" won't come as a shock to the general public.

    BET ON IT.

    Hell, even the company the US will be using to count oversees votes is a company George Soros owns. There's no way those who hold the real power will allow this guy NOT to get re-elected.

  11. #2160
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,069
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 247
    Given: 436

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think y'all are giving the Obama administration WAY too much credit by expecting them to play by the rules this election. Even if most of the country votes against him, his campaign will skew poll numbers leading up to the election so that when they commit voter fraud, his "narrow win" won't come as a shock to the general public.

    BET ON IT.

    Hell, even the company the US will be using to count oversees votes is a company George Soros owns. There's no way those who hold the real power will allow this guy NOT to get re-elected.
    Personally I agree, I believe Obama will get reelected, the Supreme Court will uphold Obama-care and there would still be no budget plan, but should Romney win there would be little difference between the two.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •