Page 225 of 258 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You can come to Germany and see how we treat our people better with paying about the same tax rate as in some states in the USA. You all saying it is going to get bad, no matter who won or lost, the United States needs to be United.

For the very first time in my life I can honestly say that I wished I did not live in this day and age.

im not about to live under the hob nail boots of these liberal Nazi's. that's not what i fought for. screw this country of spinless limp idiots. rot in hell
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." Make no mistake; this was a vote for more handouts by the permanently dependent. Until they finish burying the Constitution, which Obama will do as fast as he can, it's still the best country in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by azchiefsfan View Post
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." Make no mistake; this was a vote for more handouts by the permanently dependent. Until they finish burying the Constitution, which Obama will do as fast as he can, it's still the best country in the world.
    I'm hoping Texas secedes.

Now the Republicans in the House will cower in the corner like dogs with their tails between their legs in order to protect what's left of their genitals.

You guy make it sound like the end of the USA. It just needs politicians to meet in the middle, on all sides of the issues. I also think if the republicans would leave religion out of politics, then they would have a good chance in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    You guy make it sound like the end of the USA. It just needs politicians to meet in the middle, on all sides of the issues. I also think if the republicans would leave religion out of politics, then they would have a good chance in 2016.
    I personally believe that we are well on our way, look closely at Greece; I believe that could well be us in four years.

We have a president who touts getting Bin Laden and then hangs four of our own out to dry in Libya and the media by in large gives him a pass because the mere insinuation of impropriety on the administrations part is "offensive" to the President. Well, sometimes the truth hurts, and here's the truth as I understand it: The consulate was denied the security forces required to protect it despite numerous requests. In spite of using the term "terror" in his address to the nation in the White House rose garden Obama and his surrogates spent nearly the next two weeks blaming a spontaneous "protest", which never happened, that had gotten out of control over some ridiculous You Tube video. As far as I'm concerned the president can be offended all he wants to but it doesn't change the facts in the matter.

Lastly, unless everyone thinks we'll be just fine going 20+ trillion dollars in debt and maintaining trillion dollar deficits over the course of the next four years, selling more and more debt to China and devaluation our own currency by simply printing more money, then we are headed for ruins IMO.

The House Speaker and the rest of the Republicans want to keep their jobs so they'll cower in the corner with their tails tucked between their legs to protect what’s left of their genitals allowing the President to run roughshod all over them being unfettered and unchecked now that he doesn't have to worry about re-election. Obama now has more "flexibility" to lighten up on the Iran sanctions for Putin making the world a more dangerous place. I'm not real optimistic about our country's future.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-10-2012 at 02:48 AM.

That attack in Libya was not the first attack that killed Americans at an Embassy. It happened many times before and it will happen again no matter who is President. It is sad and it sucks but if these groups, terrorist or not, want to attack us, they will.

I just see how we are too far to either the left side or the right side. If we do not get back to the middle, then we will end up like Greece. The USA does not have a "Germany" to bail them out so I truly believe in being fiscal conservative. At the same time though we have to pay for the things that are and have been on the books before Obama became President, the other 10t debt.

No, I do not want more debt so we should cut the social programs and put in check and controls making sure only those who really need it get it. Still though, we have to pay and I rather see the Bush tax cuts for those making more than 250k to go back up that 3%. I just do not believe the budget can be balanced just on reducing the social programs alone.

Like I said, if we do not get to the middle, then the future of the USA will not be a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    That attack in Libya was not the first attack that killed Americans at an Embassy. It happened many times before and it will happen again no matter who is President. It is sad and it sucks but if these groups, terrorist or not, want to attack us, they will.

I just see how we are too far to either the left side or the right side. If we do not get back to the middle, then we will end up like Greece. The USA does not have a "Germany" to bail them out so I truly believe in being fiscal conservative. At the same time though we have to pay for the things that are and have been on the books before Obama became President, the other 10t debt.

No, I do not want more debt so we should cut the social programs and put in check and controls making sure only those who really need it get it. Still though, we have to pay and I rather see the Bush tax cuts for those making more than 250k to go back up that 3%. I just do not believe the budget can be balanced just on reducing the social programs alone.

Like I said, if we do not get to the middle, then the future of the USA will not be a good one.
    Agreed, but that doesn't excuse ignoring and denying the need for additional security even after several requests for it.

I agree that the approach needs to be increased tax revenue combined with spending cuts. However, this can be done by doing away with loopholes rather than raising the tax rate which has a way of "tickling down" to those of us making under that 250k.

...And that first ten trillion you make mention of was racked up by all the other Presidents in US history combined. The last 6+ trillion is new debt racked up by Obama in just the last four years.
    Last edited by Chiefster; 11-10-2012 at 07:19 AM.