Page 244 of 258 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Good post Chiefster. 18 is consider to be legally adult age, mature or not, then that is the voting age. It should also be the drinking age.
    That has been the argument since the drinking age was pushed back to twenty-one, and it has merit. I think that the age to register for the draft should, also, mirror the current drinking age. Although one could argue that there's precious little difference between the mental maturity of an eighteen year old and one who is twenty-one.

in my time 21 was voting and drinking age. should still be IMO. they still have to register for the draft at 18. so did I. only at 18 a place called vietnam called and i had to go. or else
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    in my time 21 was voting and drinking age. should still be IMO. they still have to register for the draft at 18. so did I. only at 18 a place called vietnam called and i had to go. or else
    Absolutely agree and think it was morally wrong for you to be pressed into serving in the armed forces prior to age twenty-one.

More Americans Than Ever Are Renouncing Their Citizenship

Expatriations are typically motivated by adesire to escape taxes, and the move is usually undertaken by Americans already living abroad. There was an uptick in expatriation at the beginning of President Obama's first term, which has been attributed both to anticipation of more burdensome taxation policies and to increased tax enforcement against expatriates. Indeed, the Journal notes that those who renounced last year may have done so to avoid a higher capital gains tax, and also points to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, which makes it tougher for Americans to hide assets in offshore accounts.
    link

I know a lot of them that have said screw this and left the country years ago. both young and old. more and more are taking a hike because they simply can't afford this un godly taxation system here. and a lot of them closed out their investments and took em along. we're being taxed literally out of our own country.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

More Americans Than Ever Are Renouncing Their Citizenship

link

I know a lot of them that have said screw this and left the country years ago. both young and old. more and more are taking a hike because they simply can't afford this un godly taxation system here. and a lot of them closed out their investments and took em along. we're being taxed literally out of our own country.
    Guess those people didn't go to Europe...

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Guess those people didn't go to Europe...
    most went to to SE Asia. the cost of living overseas is fraction of what it is here. you can live like a king for little or next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Absolutely agree and think it was morally wrong for you to be pressed into serving in the armed forces prior to age twenty-one.
    18 was the law. that went back to before WW2. after Pearl Harbor my dad, like millions of youngsters enlisted. but my dad was only 17. so his dad signed for him and away he went. it caused a major argument between my grand dad and his wife and my mom who threw a fit.

my dad during his war

>

me during mine. and yes the same fight started over me going to

18 was the law. that went back to before WW2. after Pearl Harbor my dad, like millions of youngsters enlisted. but my dad was only 17. so his dad signed for him and away he went. it caused a major argument between my grand dad and his wife and my mom who threw a fit.

my dad during his war

>

me during mine. and yes the same fight started over me going to

All I can say is THANK YOU and God bless you both for your service to our Country!

I wonder if there will be a couple of Republican candidates for the 2016 election???

Nope!