Page 246 of 258 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 2572

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    TopekaRoy, that there was well written, and thank you for taking the time to write that out. What also amazes me is though as kcvet pointed out is that Trump cannot be bought. This is not what amazes me, but the point that Trump is so rich that he can just buy people himself. This is where as you said TopekaRoy, differs from Hitler as Hilter was never really rich as a kid. Trump, he never will understand what a budget means when your allowance is so far more than you can spend.

kcvet, you bring up another sore point about the refugees. Do you all really think that every single one of them are ISIS under disguise? I see you and many other Americans complaining about this, to bring in 100,000. That is a joke right? Germany has over 1,000,000 of them now. I do understand that some may very well be a terrorist, but I just cannot see the justification not to help when many need help. It was very interesting to see Carson go to Jordan to see the real facts. Yea, a lot of the refugees do want to return to their home country once the fighting is gone. We have seen this in Germany. Many though, do want to stay in Germany and I would think they would also hope to stay in the USA. I can understand that too since Germany and the USA have freedom of religion laws. Of course the laws prohibit forcing ones religion to others. But from my experience with many different types of Muslims, or those who have Islam as their faith, are very peaceful and want just peace. They know there are certain phrases in their book, to kill non believers, etc but the Bible has verses just the same. Some of these Muslims are good friends. I just cannot see the justification is this label that you and some other America's give.
    good Muslims?? no such thing contradiction in terms. here's how they'll conquer the world

100,000?? no joke

BERLIN — The Obama administration will increase the number of worldwide refugees the United States accepts each year to 100,000 by 2017, a significant increase over the current annual cap of 70,000, Secretary of State John Kerry said Sunday.

link

Do you all really think that every single one of them are ISIS under disguise?
    are you willing to bet your life and that of your families its just a few?? every day these killers are being arrested with fake passports to the US. i mean really how hard would it be for them to mix in with the crowd. it was the same in Nam. they all looked alike can't tell friend from foe. no I don't think all them will be killers but how can we tell?? ive heard of no way of checking their pedigree. no papers, nothing. open the gates and let em pour in. ever hear of national security?? well this one the biggest breeches of security ive ever seen.

Germany?? they are being over run by peaceful refugees same as France. more peaceful refugees open fire. France is a joke. if your gonna run a country you have provide security. its just the beginning more attacks are on the way.
    and this idiot moron we refer to as a president is just gonna let em walk right in here.

is it just lil ole me??

finally a very disturbing video that needs to be seen by all

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Well, me being a Muslim as with a lot of my family. Yea I can say that. After getting to the original author of that video, it saddens me to see extremist fighting extremist. It saddens me to see that even you, as many others, assume that all Muslims want to conquer the world. I am sorry your views are destroyed by the acts of extremists.

Just as last Friday as another extremist went to kill people at the clinic Planned Parenthood, I do not think every Christian want to kill. Just as this attack in Ca, mostly also Muslim extremist, I know not all want to kill. When is it that people that are not extremist can get together and defeat these extremist no matter what these extremist cause are?

Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Just as last Friday as another extremist went to kill people at the clinic Planned Parenthood, I do not think every Christian want to kill.
    What makes you think that the Planned Parenthood killer is a Christian? I did a Google search and could find no evidence of that. He has not claimed to be a Christain and I have not seen any reports that he was a member of a radical extremist Christian group. There are many non-Christians and even athiests who believe that abortion is murder. Please post a link to any article that definitively identifies him as a Christian.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

MeJohnM, I didn't know you were a Muslim. Why do think it is that more prominent, well-known Muslims are not speaking out publicly against violent Islamic extremism? Do you think they are afraid that if they express opposition to groups like ISIS that they will become a target, or do you think that secretly many of them support a worldwide Caliphate and Sharia law?

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Well, they have as in the latest attack: http://www.ibtimes.com/syed-farook-m...debate-2209149

As for the attack in Colorado, here is what we read: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us...ting.html?_r=0

Of course it says that Mr.Dear "claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic." This sounds familiar when I hear Muslims claiming it their duty to use quotes from the Quran to kill innocent people. Maybe back in the day, but today's world has no place for these "commands." Just as in the Bible has verse to kill, we need to evolve away and live in peace. This, is what I hope you all can understand is the true goal to majority on Muslims. And yes, ISIS does dislike us for standing to our points but many also fear that others will also target us because of the bad seeds out there.

Also do not forget our Chief's also have a Muslim player, Husain Abdullah. Not the reason why I am here. Been a Chiefs fan way before Husain Abdullah joined the team. But I want to use him as a example of hopefully the good side to our religion. I do not know him but I pray he is.

Wow. So much to cover ... I'll try to organize my thoughts.

Well, they have as in the latest attack: http://www.ibtimes.com/syed-farook-m...debate-2209149
    I know the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) quickly called a press conference to condemn the attacks and do some "damage control" and I applaud them for that. (I watched it live, in fact.) But to be fair, fostering better relations between Muslims and other Americans is the sole reason for their existence. It's what they do.

They are not the "prominent, well-known Muslims" to which I was referring. I want to hear from celebrities like Shaquille O'Neal, Dr. Oz, Paula Abdul, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, rappers like Ice Cube and Akon, and Louis Farakhan, for just a few examples. No Muslim that anybody has ever heard of is speaking out publicly, or if they are the message isn't reaching the masses. It's also one thing to condemn an individual act of terrorism. It is another thing entirely to condemn the ideology that drives groups like ISIS and al-Queda.

As for the attack in Colorado, here is what we read: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us...ting.html?_r=0

Of course it says that Mr.Dear "claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic."
    Thank you for that link. I had not seen it before. While I tend to dismiss most of what I see in the NY Times because of their heavily slanted liberal bias, I believe that article is accurate.

While Mr. Dear claims to be a Christian, there is nothing Christian about his ideology especially where it concerns sin and grace. Unlike Dear, no Christian denomination believes that we can continue to sin because we are forgiven through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, we believe that because God loved us so much that he was willing to sacrifice His ony Son for OUR sins, if we willingly continue to sin it is like a slap in the face to God.

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God."--1 John 3:9 (NIV)

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?"--Hebrews 10:26-29 (NIV)

The Bible says that we will know who the Christians are by their fruits (actions). While Dear claims to be a Christian, his actions show clearly that he is not.

Next topic.

This sounds familiar when I hear Muslims claiming it their duty to use quotes from the Quran to kill innocent people. Maybe back in the day, but today's world has no place for these "commands." Just as in the Bible has verse to kill, we need to evolve away and live in peace. This, is what I hope you all can understand is the true goal to majority on Muslims.
    Yes, but there is a huge difference between the way radical extremist Muslims (not most Muslims) and Jews and Christians interpret such verses.

The Jews believe that those verses serve as a historical context. They were commands for only those Jews in that area at that time, when they were claiming a land for themselves; a land that has been taken from them time and time again over their 4000 year history. They don't believe that those particular verses are "commands" for modern day Jews.

Christians interpret those verses the same way, but we also accept the New Testament which replaces the Old Covenent between God and His people. The NT teaches that God is Love. It teaches that not only should we "do unto others as we would have others do unto us," but we should love our ENEMIES as well!

"But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."--Matthew 5:44 (NIV)

"But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you."--Luke 6:35 (NIV)

Is there any similar command in the Quran?

Also, unlike Christians and Muslims, Jews see no reason to evangelize or proselytize. While they welcome non-Hebrew converts to their faith, they believe that the descendants of Abraham are "God's chosen people" and if God chooses them they will be born into that "family."

Christianity is open to all, Jew and Gentile alike. We have been commanded to spread the Gospel to all nations, but we don't force anybody to convert. In fact, if the conversion is forced then the convert isn't really a Christian. We believe that one can only be led to God through Jesus Christ by persuasion of the Holy Spirit. We can "witness" and "share our testimonies," but only God can do the work of changing people's hearts.

The radical extremist sect of Islam believes that all people must convert to Islam or die and that it is their duty to "kill the infidels."

Next topic.

Just as last Friday as another extremist went to kill people at the clinic Planned Parenthood, I do not think every Christian want to kill.
    There are absolutely NO similarities between the Planned Parenthood attack and Islamic terrorist attacks. The intents, goals and purposes are completely different.

Mr. Dear went after a specific target because he sincerely believes that Planned Parenthood is killing unborn babies and selling their body parts for profit. He was not trying to terrorize the general public. The guy making sandwiches at the Subway down the street does not fear that if he doesn't convert to Christianity, religious extremists will try to kill him.

The goal of Islamic terrorists is to kill as many non Muslims as possible or to kill people regardless of their faith so that we will fear them. They strike at random times and in random places to instill maximum fear. They try to blend in with the general public and will plot and prepare for years, waiting until the time is right for them to strike. They believe they are waging a holy Jihad in the name of Allah and many of them are willing to die in this pursuit.

To compare the Planned Parenthood killings to Islamic terrorism and say that there is no difference between Christian extremists and Muslim extremists is disengenous at best. They are nothing alike.

There is so much more we could talk about but I think that this is enough to digest for now.
    Last edited by TopekaRoy; 12-03-2015 at 09:26 PM.

The two attacks do have different goals. What I mean is that these acts cause terror and fear. Those who commit to terrorism are extremist, which does not need a certain religion, or any religion, to be an extremist.

About loving people that are not in the same religion, it is in the Quran under 9 and 45 are just some areas which says to love those even when they are non followers. It also states in 2:190 not to do more than what God has told us to do. In the Quran it also speaks good of Israel, which makes many wonder why many are so against Israel: Quran 45:16, And We did certainly give the Children of Israel the Scripture and judgement and prophet hood, and We provided them with good things and preferred them over the worlds.

People want to take our faiths and use them improperly. This is a fact on both sides for mine religion and in Christianity. Also please remember, ISIS, or ISIL does not really care if you are Muslim or not, they will kill as long you are not part of their "group".

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Where you been young man!

Just layin low and tryin to stay outta trouble. How are you?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.