Page 247 of 258 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2571

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I am sorry for what has happened around us. I am sorry that a group can take our own and change them to be what we teach them not to be.

in view of the killings in CA I expect security at Arrowhead to be tighter than ever
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    in view of the killings in CA I expect security at Arrowhead to be tighter than ever
    I certainly hope so.

I hope security is higher everywhere. But seeing what happens in the USA since mass shootings started, you would think security would always be higher.

closer to home

Multiple cell phone purchases at 3 Missouri Walmarts raise suspicions

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In less than a week, law enforcement agencies in three different Missouri cities have investigated the purchase of large quantities of cell phones at Walmart stores. In two cases, the Federal Bureau of Investigation was contacted.

story

cellphones are of course used by terrorists to set off bombs. these phones were prepaid so they can't be traced or monitored. also a large number of gas grill bottles were stolen from local KC areas.

Further to the mobile phone scare, agents are now drawing a connection to the disappearance of dozens of tanks of highly flammable propane gas around locations in Missouri. This elevates the possible connection to a potential terrorist plot, as the local mood seems to indicate.

The tanks were stolen from several locations in Independence and Lee’s Summit, according to Fox 4.

The first theft was reported at the end of November by a BP gas station in Lee’s Summit. At least 18 propane tanks were stolen from the cages situated outside. Later that night, another gas station in the area reported the same story. Two weeks after that, 28 tanks were stolen from a gas station in Independence.

https://www.rt.com/usa/325571-phones...rist-missouri/

Independence is just down the freeway from arrowhead
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

I'm gonna be politicly incorrect and will probably upset a lot of people, but here goes anyway:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    SHUT IT

Merry Christmas is the proper way to say it, happy holidays is politically incorrect

I always thought "Happy Holidays" was to show respect for anyone having a celebration during this time of year. Of course even I would say "Merry Christmas" to those I know that are Christians on the night of the 24th and 25th. Those though also say "Happy Holidays" to me since most do not know when our holidays are. It is just about being respectful.

I have no problem with people saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays." Furthermore, I'm not offended by "Happy Hanukkah" or "Happy Kwanzaa," either. What I do have a problem with is people who refuse to say "Merry Christmas" because they don't want to offend, or be culturally insensitive to people of other faiths. In the Untied States at least, Christmas is not just a Christian holiday; it's a national holiday. Jews, Atheists and people of all faiths (except Jehovah's Witnesses who don't celebrate any holidays) celebrate Christmas in a "secular" way.

If I wish mejohnm a Merry Christmas, I'm not attacking or insulting his Muslim faith. I'm wishing him happiness on the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus. I know he doesn't believe that Jesus was the "Christ," the Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament, but he does recognize Jesus as one of Allah's "messengers" (prophets). That is still something that Muslims can celebrate.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

Merry Christmas to you all.