Page 254 of 257 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257 LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2562

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd


    0 Not allowed!
    Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary



    WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.






    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html







    Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  2. #2531
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    5,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 193

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    I know many times where counter protesters had gone against Westboro Baptist Church.
    Not in Topeka. When the WBC goes on the road to picket a fallen soldier or celebrity's funeral, that's where the counter-protesters show up and it gives them all kinds of publicity. They get their posters on the evening news and it just helps to spread their message of hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Why do people counter protest? It is because they are against the hate and evil that the other side represents.
    Of course they are, just like 99% of all Americans. And what good did it do? How did it help for the radical left to show up with rocks and baseball bats and aerosol cans to be used as makeshift flame throwers? Did any of the racists change their minds? Did you hear any of the counter-protesters message on the nightly newscasts? No, you just saw the violence and the attack with a car. Counter-protesting didn't change anyone's minds. All it did was start a riot and make the counter-protesters feel morally superior.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Freedom of speech should be limited to what is being said or represented.
    I'm not sure what you mean by this but if your saying violence is not free speech then I wholeheartedly agree with you. There are some radical liberal groups, like Antifa and anarchists, who think that they have a moral duty to silence any speech they don't like by any means necessary including violence. You saw the riot that broke out when Milo Yiannopoulos spoke at University of California-Berkley. Ann Coulter had to cancel a speech there because of threats of more violence if she showed up. The First Amendment exists for the very purpose of protecting speech that some might consider hateful or offensive. If that right isn't vigorously defended, then who decides what speech is permitted and where do you draw the line?

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    To have a group that wants to be superior to others is NOT what the USA is about and never should be. These type of groups should be counter protested, unless of course you agree with their beliefs.
    Why? Do you think that if you don't counter protest Neo-Nazis everyone will think you are a Neo-Nazi? That's ridiculous. Of course you should speak up for what you believe in but you don't have to counter-protest. Hold your own rally at another time or in another location. A counter-protest doesn't include beating up the protesters.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    You would also be surprised on how many of these people are in the USA. Look at the population in the USA vs in the UK. It is a very high ratio there. Look at how close trump won some of the states in the election. It is very clear he would not have won using that ratio.
    I would be surprised! How many Racists are there in the USA and how do know that is the right number? Of the 39 States that Trump won, only 3 where really close. How many racists are there in Michigan, a state that the democrat candidate has won for the last 30 years? How many of them voted? How many of them voted for a 3rd party candidate? How many of them voted for Trump because he wants to "build a wall" and not because he got a commitment from Ford to keep jobs in Detroit and not export them to Mexico. How do you know? Did you interview them? Show me the data.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Now with many businesses leaving the manufacturing council, look at how fast trump responded to that. No, this person is not a leader but a joke. Just hope the world remains intact until the next election.
    I know you want to blame everything bad that happens in America on President Trump. Trump didn't organize this rally. He didn't drive the car that ran over that woman and injured many others. How about blaming the racist who drove the car? The injuries that occurred in other altercations (and there where many) are not Trump's fault either. They are the fault of whoever threw the first punch, or rock or whatever. I guarantee you most of the fights were started by the counter-protesters. I mean, who WOULDN'T wan to punch a nazi?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

  3. #2532
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 188

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I think many have forgotten where Antifa started at. It started right here in Germany against the Nazis. Just now they are doing it in the USA again against Nazi. Of course it seems you all forgot about Nazi Germany. The Nazi were ignored, not taken seriously until it was too late and you all should know how that turned out. Keep on thinking ignoring this will make these problems go away only shows one did not learn from history.

    Your president also wanted the violence and he is getting it. He stated many times for his supporters to use violence. Even recently he mention for the police to use violence when they put people into their cars, criminal or not. I mention the councils to show that people know that the alt-right is wrong. Freedoms or not, they need to be stopped before you end up like Germany did in the 1940's.

  4. #2533
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 188

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I know you want to blame everything bad that happens in America on President Trump.
    He is your president is he not? The country is his and he needs to own up to what happens, especially when he throughout his campaign and even now, incites violence.

  5. #2534
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,508
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    He is your president is he not? The country is his and he needs to own up to what happens, especially when he throughout his campaign and even now, incites violence.
    Here's the fact This stuff has been going on before Trump took office

    San Bernardino shootings, Furgerson Missouri riots, Baltimore Riots, Dallas police shootings all of this on Trump to? This hate has been going on for a LONG time now.It's only become fashionable since January to blame the President since we don't like who he is.

    As to your point about forgetting Nazi Germany nobody has. But there can be a thing as being too careful. For example, the above mentioned San Bernardino shootings neighbors knew they were up to something but were too afraid of being labeled racist to report it to the police.

    The USA was founded on freedom. The very 1st amendment to the Constitution is freedom of expression. This doesn't mean you have to get your views pre approved. It means we are taught to be respectful of others views. This is not turning a blind eye. That would be if actual crimes were allowed to be committed with no punishment. To my knowledge, that's not what happened here.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  6. #2535
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    5,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 193

    Default


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Of course it seems you all forgot about Nazi Germany.
    Nobody is forgetting anything. Why do you think there was so much anger and violence at the rally? Not because we have forgotten, but because we remember. It was us Americans that defeated Nazi Germany when the rest of Europe couldn't defend themselves.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    The Nazi were ignored, not taken seriously until it was too late and you all should know how that turned out. Keep on thinking ignoring this will make these problems go away only shows one did not learn from history.
    The National Socialist movement wasn't ignored in Germany, It was embraced by Germans. Otherwise it would have never gotten off the ground. It is the same Americans who defeated the Nazis that will defend the right for groups like the Neo-Nazis and the KKK to exist and to hold public rallies. I know it is hard to understand American freedom when you have never been free. It is also hard for Europeans to understand the racial tensions and dynamics at work here when most of the people in Germany are German and most of the people in France are French, etc. We don't have a pure "Aryan race" and that is why the American Nazi movement will never succeed here like it did in Germany.

    These hate groups have a right to exist here and to speak, but they don't have a right to break the law or hurt anyone and when they do, they are vigorously prosecuted. But we don't ignore them. We monitor them very closely and we educate people about their beliefs and activities. Beating them up with baseball bats won't make them go away. Only education and love and respect for your fellow man can do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Your president also wanted the violence and he is getting it. He stated many times for his supporters to use violence. Even recently he mention for the police to use violence when they put people into their cars, criminal or not. I mention the councils to show that people know that the alt-right is wrong. Freedoms or not, they need to be stopped before you end up like Germany did in the 1940's.
    President Trump says a lot of stupid things and I'm not about to defend them all. But he was right when he condemned the violence on both sides. There is never an excuse for violence except in self-defense or if your family is in eminent physical danger.

    How do you propose we stop these hate groups? Take away their right to speak? How do we decide what voices to allow and what views to censor? Should we make it legal to beat up anyone we don't agree with? If a man is charged with aggravated battery, do we let him go if he says the victim was a Nazi or the victim opposed gay marriage, or he used the "N" word? What is your ultimate solution?
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

  7. #2536
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 188

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    Nobody is forgetting anything. Why do you think there was so much anger and violence at the rally? Not because we have forgotten, but because we remember. It was us Americans that defeated Nazi Germany when the rest of Europe couldn't defend themselves.

    The National Socialist movement wasn't ignored in Germany, It was embraced by Germans. Otherwise it would have never gotten off the ground. It is the same Americans who defeated the Nazis that will defend the right for groups like the Neo-Nazis and the KKK to exist and to hold public rallies. I know it is hard to understand American freedom when you have never been free. It is also hard for Europeans to understand the racial tensions and dynamics at work here when most of the people in Germany are German and most of the people in France are French, etc. We don't have a pure "Aryan race" and that is why the American Nazi movement will never succeed here like it did in Germany.

    These hate groups have a right to exist here and to speak, but they don't have a right to break the law or hurt anyone and when they do, they are vigorously prosecuted. But we don't ignore them. We monitor them very closely and we educate people about their beliefs and activities. Beating them up with baseball bats won't make them go away. Only education and love and respect for your fellow man can do that.



    President Trump says a lot of stupid things and I'm not about to defend them all. But he was right when he condemned the violence on both sides. There is never an excuse for violence except in self-defense or if your family is in eminent physical danger.

    How do you propose we stop these hate groups? Take away their right to speak? How do we decide what voices to allow and what views to censor? Should we make it legal to beat up anyone we don't agree with? If a man is charged with aggravated battery, do we let him go if he says the victim was a Nazi or the victim opposed gay marriage, or he used the "N" word? What is your ultimate solution?
    You really have forgotten history. It was not just Americans. Typical attitude there. You disgrace the many lost lives from the other countries that fought for peace in that war. It was many countries PLUS ANTIFA. How do you think they got help with intel on Germans and such. The fascist government of Nazi Germany gave the same hope just as your current president did. Just as you all are proving here in these posts, are embracing the rhetoric from your president. Your freedoms to let these hate group to "exercise" their rights will be your down fall. It will only continue to show the ignorance and in your words, embracement to them.

    How to stop them, simple hate group have no place in our world. Maybe you care for them in your country. I am happy Germany has made it where hate groups are limited in what they can do and show. Such as the Nazi flag, or the Nazi salute, all against the law here. Sure we have freedom of speech, but when it comes to hate, you cannot do it. Violence is not just in physical form which seems to me you have limited it to. You do not need to make it illegal to beat up the hate groups, but make it against the law to use hate period. Aggravated battery is hate too is it not? You just have to expand and grow. Stop being stuck in small box.

  8. #2537
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    200
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 188

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Here's the fact This stuff has been going on before Trump took office

    San Bernardino shootings, Furgerson Missouri riots, Baltimore Riots, Dallas police shootings all of this on Trump to? This hate has been going on for a LONG time now.It's only become fashionable since January to blame the President since we don't like who he is.

    As to your point about forgetting Nazi Germany nobody has. But there can be a thing as being too careful. For example, the above mentioned San Bernardino shootings neighbors knew they were up to something but were too afraid of being labeled racist to report it to the police.

    The USA was founded on freedom. The very 1st amendment to the Constitution is freedom of expression. This doesn't mean you have to get your views pre approved. It means we are taught to be respectful of others views. This is not turning a blind eye. That would be if actual crimes were allowed to be committed with no punishment. To my knowledge, that's not what happened here.
    Why did the Ferguson Missouri riots and Baltimore Riots happened?
    San Bernardino shootings was an terrorist act.
    The Dallas police shootings happened pretty much because of the reason of the riots above.


    But more I think about TopekaRoy responds that "It was us Americans that defeated Nazi Germany" was disgusting. I will no longer reply to such uneducated heartless people that this forum has proven to have.

  9. #2538
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,508
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,023
    Given: 111

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    Why did the Ferguson Missouri riots and Baltimore Riots happened?
    San Bernardino shootings was an terrorist act.
    The Dallas police shootings happened pretty much because of the reason of the riots above.


    But more I think about TopekaRoy responds that "It was us Americans that defeated Nazi Germany" was disgusting. I will no longer reply to such uneducated heartless people that this forum has proven to have.
    Ferguson and Baltimore happened for perceived racism. A narrative was put out there and people believed it. When the evidence was actually heard come to find out it wasn't as the narrative was. For example, they had Mike Brown's DNA on the officers gun as he was trying to get at it. Meaning he wasn't running away and the cop just shot him. It was false but our media ate it up and ran with it.

    But why they happened in this context is not the point here. This hate and violence is not something that has just popped up since January when Trump took office. It has been a fair constant in our country for a long long time. It's only been since January that the blame the President narrative has happened. This thought that these people hear Trump say something and are inspired to hate and be violent just isn't true. It's been going on long before he even ran it will sadly go on after he leaves office.
    What is a TopekaRoy?

  10. #2539
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Topeka< KS
    Posts
    5,303
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 193

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejohnm View Post
    But more I think about TopekaRoy responds that "It was us Americans that defeated Nazi Germany" was disgusting. I will no longer reply to such uneducated heartless people that this forum has proven to have.
    I sincerely apologize for that insensitive remark. I typed that post while watching a baseball game and it was poorly worded. I did not in any way intend to diminish the sacrifice of brave soldiers who fought for the allies from other countries and gave their lives in the defending their homeland and defeating fascism. I just meant that the USA fought along side them and helped turn the tide. We were not there to defend our homeland (although the Asia pacific theater part of the war against Japan was self-defense). We were in Europe only to defend our allies and defeat Nazism. We didn't "ignore" the Nazis then and we aren't ignoring them now.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

    This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

  11. #2540
    Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I want to thank mejohnm for linking and showing screen shots of what was said here. How disgusting! It has been proven through statistics since Trump was running for President that USA hate crimes have increased. They all are coming out because their President is one of them. Reading the comments here, just reaffirms the world that Trump's supporters do support him because they think alike. This web site will now be famous, but for the wrong reasons.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •