Page 27 of 258 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Gotta love the media. HIPA They need to learn it.
    So Rush isn't the media?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I wonder how the economy will be doing after this election.

Couldn't get much worse.

With the housing slump, and the modest tech growth what does the country have to look forward to?

Perhaps we can become China's biatch and do what they tell us to.

It would be nice to have a military that is not bogged down, and could protect us if something global (or domestic) should happen.

Seeing how the current administration is unaware, unresponsive etc... to the current status of world events is shocking.

Bush acted like he was SURPRISED about the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians during his visit to Israel (it's only been happening since Israel was given it's state).

The closer it gets to the next election, the more I get pissed off.

Since it is historically accurate that an incumbent realizes aspirations for elections, I am worried that someone from the reps side will win the election.

Sad to see the United States is headed the same way as the Chiefs.

This is getting old on both fronts.

I sure wish there was more concern from citizens, as well as Chiefs fans, on the current state of the Union/franchise.

Draw your own conclusions from this post, but I think you get the idea.
    Okay, I'll take the bait...

First of all, I'm disappointed in the candidates on both sides. The guy I liked the best Tom Tancredo never had a chance, and my next choice Duncan Hunter was hardly more popular.

As for the power and force of our military, if needed it could be brought home pretty quickly. Realistically we aren't facing major war with other countries on our homefront. The threat to our security at home is more real from terrorist groups than government groups. That being said, I don't like that our military has gotten mediocre support as they are fighting. Agree or disagree with the war, the troops are valuable Americans and as long as they are overseas (or here) putting their lives on the line in service of our country, no expense should be spared to protect them and give them the equipment they need.

You also mention the situation with Israel and Palestine...personally I support Israel as a sovereign nation, and wish we'd stop meddling in their business and let them defend themselves...I personally believe in the Bible, and that tells me that the fight won't end until the "end of times". So us trying to make them get along is senseless.

As for our future, I'll say we have a good future, and we have some good spots in the economy. However as a country we've committed to more government assistance both here and abroad than we can afford. If we cut that back (foreign assistance first) we could actually afford to take care of our domestic needs, and still not raise taxes. Wow, novel concept.

I'll climb off of my soapbox now, and pass it along to whomever would like to go next. I like this thread.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Rush often talks about the media as meaning the left wing mainstream media (eg. Time Newsweek CNN CBS NBC ABC NY Times Washington Post) whereas he is the alternative conservative media (among other right wing hosts, Fox News Channel)

Rush is okay to me, but I like a lot of other hosts better. I like the ones that are conservative but call everything as they see it and are willing to criticize Republicans. Rush has always been too pro Republican. But he's not as bad at that as he used to be. Once about ten years ago when the GOP was running away from conservative principles big time and a caller asked why he wasn't criticizing them he said something like, "I'm not going to speak against my team."

Sean Hannity is really really pro Republican. He claims to be conservative but has a "Republicans can do no wrong" attitude. He's always even said he "likes them all" when it comes to the GOP candidates. Even though many are moderates or even liberals, like McCain and Rudy.

Talk show hosts like Mike Gallagher, Mark Levin, Bob Grant, and Steve Malzberg hotly speak against many Republicans as well as Democrats and that's how it should be. Speak what is, not what promotes the GOP. Put conservatism before the Republican Party.

Neat that Rush has a passion for football though. But he's a Steeler fan. And that's inexcusable since he was born in Missouri and even worked for the Royals. The Chiefs should have won his heart, shame on el Rushbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Gotta love the media. HIPA They need to learn it.
    It is HIPPA, they need to learn it, however it isn't the media's responsibility to keep these records confidential, it is the responsibility of the doctor, and if the records were acquired by representatives from the DA, etc. then they are bound to keep said records sealed, until they become a matter of public record (if they do) during a trial.
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

It works like this: (In order) Bush #1\\ Man Clinton\\Bush #2\\Woman Clinton See the pattern? The country never changes like our Chiefs the last few years.. The world is going to S### and we are just watching""
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    It works like this: (In order) Bush #1 Man ClintonBush #2Woman Clinton See the pattern? The country never changes like our Chiefs the last few years.. The world is going to S### and we are just watching""
    I agree with you.

And notice how Bill Clinton was between two Bushes. No surpirse there eh?

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Rush often talks about the media as meaning the left wing mainstream media (eg. Time Newsweek CNN CBS NBC ABC NY Times Washington Post) whereas he is the alternative conservative media (among other right wing hosts, Fox News Channel)

Rush is okay to me, but I like a lot of other hosts better. I like the ones that are conservative but call everything as they see it and are willing to criticize Republicans. Rush has always been too pro Republican. But he's not as bad at that as he used to be. Once about ten years ago when the GOP was running away from conservative principles big time and a caller asked why he wasn't criticizing them he said something like, "I'm not going to speak against my team."

Sean Hannity is really really pro Republican. He claims to be conservative but has a "Republicans can do no wrong" attitude. He's always even said he "likes them all" when it comes to the GOP candidates. Even though many are moderates or even liberals, like McCain and Rudy.

Talk show hosts like Mike Gallagher, Mark Levin, Bob Grant, and Steve Malzberg hotly speak against many Republicans as well as Democrats and that's how it should be. Speak what is, not what promotes the GOP. Put conservatism before the Republican Party.

Neat that Rush has a passion for football though. But he's a Steeler fan. And that's inexcusable since he was born in Missouri and even worked for the Royals. The Chiefs should have won his heart, shame on el Rushbo!
    Have you ever heard Hannity interview Lieberman? Lieberman is far from a Repbublican, but the two are like fast friends and very civil, even though they disagree on many issues. Hannity is a very high quality member of the media.

Yes, Sean Hannity stands far to the right on most issues, however unlike many others from both sides of the media: he avoids personal attacks, sticks to the issues and conducts himself very professionally.

I don't know about you guys, but that has to be one of the longer sentences I've seen on this site...did I possibly take out Prough91's record? I'm not so sure about the punctuation though?!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I wonder how the economy will be doing after this election.

Couldn't get much worse.

With the housing slump, and the modest tech growth what does the country have to look forward to?

Perhaps we can become China's biatch and do what they tell us to.

It would be nice to have a military that is not bogged down, and could protect us if something global (or domestic) should happen.

Seeing how the current administration is unaware, unresponsive etc... to the current status of world events is shocking.

Bush acted like he was SURPRISED about the conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians during his visit to Israel (it's only been happening since Israel was given it's state).

The closer it gets to the next election, the more I get pissed off.

Since it is historically accurate that an incumbent realizes aspirations for elections, I am worried that someone from the reps side will win the election.

Sad to see the United States is headed the same way as the Chiefs.

This is getting old on both fronts.

I sure wish there was more concern from citizens, as well as Chiefs fans, on the current state of the Union/franchise.

Draw your own conclusions from this post, but I think you get the idea.
    vote for Canada...Politics Rule!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

NOPE.. Where does She get it? Between Them too!? Jeb Bush next there-after?
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Have you ever heard Hannity interview Lieberman? Lieberman is far from a Repbublican, but the two are like fast friends and very civil, even though they disagree on many issues. Hannity is a very high quality member of the media.

Yes, Sean Hannity stands far to the right on most issues, however unlike many others from both sides of the media: he avoids personal attacks, sticks to the issues and conducts himself very professionally.

I don't know about you guys, but that has to be one of the longer sentences I've seen on this site...did I possibly take out Prough91's record? I'm not so sure about the punctuation though?!
    And Sean spoke highly of Zell Miller too, and rightly so. I'm not saying he never praises a Democrat. I'm saying he is too easy on the Republicans even if they are RINOs.

And I agree he does conduct himself professionally.