Page 28 of 258 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Default The ONLY political and religious thread allowed on Chiefscrowd

Clinton, McCain emerge as comeback winners in New Hampshire primary

WASHINGTON - Democrat Hillary Clinton pulled off an unexpected narrow victory in New Hampshire on Tuesday, dramatically rescuing her bid for the White House in a tense battle with Barack Obama.
    Clinton, who's fighting to become the first woman in the Oval Office, mounted a surprisingly strong showing after bracing for a second defeat following her devastating third-place showing in Iowa.
    Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y. greets a familiar face. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Elise Amendola
    Republican John McCain also nabbed a major comeback victory, putting him solidly back in his party's nomination race.
    While Obama, vying to make history as the first black U.S. president, scored big among independents and voters between 18 and 24, Clinton attracted lower-income voters and seniors and did best among voters citing the economy as their top concern.
    But a big factor for Clinton was women voters, who had gone over to Obama in large numbers in Iowa. Nearly half in New Hampshire were once again supporting her, while Obama got only a third.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/080108/w0108115A.html

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

There needs to B a beer platform 1st to enable you to run Canada--Forget about the U.S. citizen thing huh?
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by spiman View Post
    There needs to B a beer platform 1st to enable you to run Canada--Forget about the U.S. citizen thing huh?
    If Arnold Swartzenegger can be a governor, why can't I be King??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And Sean spoke highly of Zell Miller too, and rightly so. I'm not saying he never praises a Democrat. I'm saying he is too easy on the Republicans even if they are RINOs.

And I agree he does conduct himself professionally.
    I agree he is too easy on McCain, but I think Hannity truly believes that the one and only issue right now is the "War" and he doesn't care about their other policies. I don't think he is being disingenious...albeit I do think he is wrong...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

NOPE.. Where does She get it? Between Them too!? Jeb Bush next there-after?
    And then Chelsea after Jeb. No more Bushes and no more Clintons please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Okay, I'll take the bait...

First of all, I'm disappointed in the candidates on both sides. The guy I liked the best Tom Tancredo never had a chance, and my next choice Duncan Hunter was hardly more popular.

As for the power and force of our military, if needed it could be brought home pretty quickly. Realistically we aren't facing major war with other countries on our homefront. The threat to our security at home is more real from terrorist groups than government groups. That being said, I don't like that our military has gotten mediocre support as they are fighting. Agree or disagree with the war, the troops are valuable Americans and as long as they are overseas (or here) putting their lives on the line in service of our country, no expense should be spared to protect them and give them the equipment they need.

You also mention the situation with Israel and Palestine...personally I support Israel as a sovereign nation, and wish we'd stop meddling in their business and let them defend themselves...I personally believe in the Bible, and that tells me that the fight won't end until the "end of times". So us trying to make them get along is senseless.

As for our future, I'll say we have a good future, and we have some good spots in the economy. However as a country we've committed to more government assistance both here and abroad than we can afford. If we cut that back (foreign assistance first) we could actually afford to take care of our domestic needs, and still not raise taxes. Wow, novel concept.

I'll climb off of my soapbox now, and pass it along to whomever would like to go next. I like this thread.
    So why has Bush finally decided to do something about the looming recession?

It sounds like he is gonna try that tax refund BS he did when he first got into office.

A $300 rebate doesn't really do squat to help out families that are in dire need.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You can...apply here

http://ohioline.osu.edu/~jeff/4h/PDF...AL%20SHEET.pdf

Of course HH, there is an application for Queen too...go for it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Talking All ready a king

The king of beers is taken.. Bud :victory: :victory:
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    I agree he is too easy on McCain, but I think Hannity truly believes that the one and only issue right now is the "War" and he doesn't care about their other policies. I don't think he is being disingenious...albeit I do think he is wrong...
    What bothers me is right from the start of 2007 Sean already said he liked all the GOP candidates. In the primaries why doesn't he speak out for the most conservatives? THEN in the general election it's one thing to say, "Well he's still better than the Democrat would be."

He defended Rudy over and over again from conservative callers. Saying, "Well it's just those 3 things (abortion, guns, gay rights) that Rudy is bad on."
    And Rudy is also bad on other issues anyway, like illegal immigration.

Having said that though, I do think Sean is a good voice for the right. But I'd much rather listen to a host who truly gives it to a politician when they deserve it, regardless of party.

The king of beers is taken.. Bud :victory: :victory:
    It's all been taken...to my fridge!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Unhappy A terrible pattern has begun

What about their future kids? Oh noooooooo:stuck: :sign0082: :sign0082:
    Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    And then Chelsea after Jeb. No more Bushes and no more Clintons please!!!
    I'm out..